[Archive] Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses

G.2:

I have a few ideas in my head. And I suppose this is a good way to start sculpting. I am expecting to be really bad at it … ha ha ha, but it should be fun. I am now off to buy some ‘green-stuff’.

furrie:

Luckly I have a have converted unit BBs already, so I just need to finish them and start painting.

clam:

Well, I think it depends on how you look at it.  Sure, by using RH it's only warriors with blunderbusses, but I know for instance that my ones probably won't be armed with a 'traditional' CD blunderbuss.

You could do an elite unit with some sort of daemon cannon each, or ones with bionic arms etc.  There are options other than just giving them a standard gun, it just takes a bit more imagination.  You probably could even make robot CD's with blunderbusses.

Grimstonefire
Nope :D

- unless Sjoerdo sculpt me one very quickly ;)

My challange would be, as I only do classic old school models - that there is no such thing as a blunderbuss in the old 3rd ed range - only crossbowmen - but a challange I'm ready to pick up :D

Thommy H:

This gets a pretty big "meh" from me.

GRNDL
Don't enter then.

warh:

this will be a challange for me,

as i want to skulpt them from scratch :wink:

Grimstonefire:

@Swiss

Seeing as other people may ask it, I’ll answer your question here:

You may enter those, but we will put a note on the picture that the miniatures were supplied by someone else. It probably won’t put off anyone voting for you minis, but it’s the fair way to do it.

Thommy H:

In an instance of another member doing the sculpting, it would seem fair for them to share any resulting medals.

Mario:

I started my first one, lots of greenstuffing to do :slight_smile:

Fequiil:

My first Golden Hat!

ohh, i’m so ecxited!

i’m going to try to enter aswell ofcourse…

Tarrakk Blackhand:

YEAH! BLUNDERBUSS!

I have a LOT of these guys finished already. Maybe I should do some GS ones though. They always seem to win out.

Loki:

Looking forward to seeing all of the entrys for this, i wont be taking part to busy paint walls in my new house but really looking forward to seeing what every one comes up with. Best of luck every one :hat off

clam:

What?? Loki, you are kidding right? The man that can paint a Kollosus on a Sunday afternoon - can’t find the time to do 5 little guys in 6 weeks. You must be joking - lol :stuck_out_tongue:

maelzch:

I’ll try to get something done, but I’m not making any promises!

superfella:

ooh, i can enter this one!

yey!

Ogrob:

Looking forward to seeing the entires, but I don’t think I’ll be able to make anything.

Nicodemus:

Looking forward to seeing the entires.

Ogrob
I agree with you Ogrob, I'm very interested to see what the usual suspects come up with but I'm also intimidated... it's likely to be so mind-blowingly awexome that I'll want to smash my BB units and paint brushes. Then I'll have to go whip my slaves until my arms go limp, and then kick them until I can't move my legs... then I'll just steamroller over them a few times until I throw up in disgust.  After all that I'll then come back and look at the BB eye candy again and it'll be OK.

~N

Baggronor:

I'll want to smash my BB units and paint brushes. Then I'll have to go whip my slaves until my arms go limp, and then kick them until I can't move my legs... then I'll just steamroller over them a few times until I throw up in disgust. After all that I'll then come back and look at the BB eye candy again and it'll be OK.
That's very specific :)

I might enter, if I have time. Which I doubt.

Grimstonefire:

@Thommy

I think would be even more fair would be for people to either enter ‘officially’ in collaboration, or for the person who sculpted the models to paint them themselves and enter seperately (presuming they were cast).

Thommy H:

Well yeah, that’s kind of what I meant.

Zanko:

@Thommy
I think would be even more fair would be for people to either enter 'officially' in collaboration, or for the person who sculpted the models to paint them themselves and enter seperately (presuming they were cast).

Grimstonefire
I always thought that the GH was a painting contest and not a modeling contest!

If it is not so I presume the GW modeler also gets a medal!

Imo this discussion is not useful and unnecessary.

It has the consequence that I can make a slight conversion and one of our experianced painters can paint it - and then both will get a medal!
That cannot be your intention (I hope)!

:hashut