[Archive] Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Jeez that sound terrible, Pyro! Get well soon! Good to see you can still go online and visit the site, though. :slight_smile:

Pyro Stick:

Sorry to hear about your back... is there an interesting story attached, such as uber-hardcore conversions and painting which led to your predicament? 

NIcodemus
Nothing interesting really. Just too much heavy lifting. I dont know how long it will take to heal itself (all i can do is take painkillers) but if it gets too close to the deadline im just going to paint through the pain lol.

Grimstonefire:

Is there an interesting story attached, such as uber-hardcore conversions and painting which led to your predicament?  :o

NIcodemus
That made me laugh. What kind of uber hardcore conversions could people slip a disk on I wonder? :cheers

Nicodemus:

I dont know how long it will take to heal itself (all i can do is take painkillers) but if it gets too close to the deadline im just going to paint through the pain

Pyro Stick
Awesome. Seriously, awesome. If you have to do that... not that it would be a good thing... but could you photo document yourself painting while in agonizing pain?

Mario:

Nothing interesting really. Just too much heavy lifting. I dont know how long it will take to heal itself (all i can do is take painkillers) but if it gets too close to the deadline im just going to paint through the pain lol.

Pyro Stick
Get well soon then, i feel your pain. My backs out every now and then, too, sadly. Do you know whats wrong with it? Mines slipping ligament in the lower back which can easily be fixed by a chiropractor.

Well, back on Topic, i have started the conversion! :hat

Baggronor:

What kind of uber hardcore conversions could people slip a disk on I wonder?
I feel sure I will attempt something that qualifies one day...

Hope it gets better soon Pyro.

Pyro Stick:

Pyro Stick
Get well soon then, i feel your pain. My backs out every now and then, too, sadly. Do you know whats wrong with it? Mines slipping ligament in the lower back which can easily be fixed by a chiropractor.

Mario
Its either a slipped or split disk in my lower back. It doesnt really matter which it is because they might as well be the same thing. Basically a disk in my spine is pushing against a nerve now and its really painful to move it. All i can do is wait for it to fix itself. Diagram of Slipped Disk

Nicodemus:

At the risk of appearing rude, I’m going to reiterate my earlier post:

Subject Matter

Create 5 Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses. No command models are allowed.

If, in the process of creating the group, one was to over-emphasize one model or some aspects of one model, but not intend that model to be a member of a command group, do we still run the risk of public perception interpreting or viewing that unit as a command model - like a champion?

~N

Ellimist:

At the risk of appearing rude, I'm going to reiterate my earlier post:
Subject Matter
Create 5 Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses.  No command models are allowed.
If, in the process of creating the group, one was to over-emphasize one model or some aspects of one model, but not intend that model to be a member of a command group, do we still run the risk of public perception interpreting or viewing that unit as a command model - like a champion?

~N

NIcodemus
I think as long as it's not hugely over-the-top, like putting it on a higher level or a hat that's twice as big, none of the competitors are uptight enough to care. What matters is that the unit as a whole looks amazing!

Pyro Stick:

I think as long as it's not hugely over-the-top, like putting it on a higher level

Ellimist
I was actually going to do something like that but it isnt intended to look as if that one model is a champion. Its going to be a standard model like the rest in the row but because it doesnt have a tab i was going to put it on one of these bases: lava base . All the other models in the row will have bases painted to look the same, but one will just be a few mm higher than the rest.

warh:

I dont think that putting a model on a higher base makes it a champion,

but some thing that makes it sitck out from the other models like a other gun or a bigger hat.

cornixt:

"Everyone is an individual, except me"

I’m sure it would be fine.

Mahtipakarat:

Yay new golden hat! and perfect theme for it… I’m planning on adding 5+ blunderbusiers to my army so I think I can get the motivation for it from this competition.

And I really like Blunderbussiers I hope to see many people participate on this GH so we can have a sea of Chaos dwarf goodies.

Skink:

Another Golden Hat, woo-hooo!!! This time I will partecipate :). Actually, being this a miniature painting competition why command groups aren’t allowed? I mean, that will be a nice way for a modeller 2 show his/her skills and inventive. This is not meant to be a critic of course, I was just asking myseld this question:hat off

Anonymouse:

"Everyone is an individual, except me"

I'm sure it would be fine.

cornixt
"Yes, we're ALL individuals." :p

Bassman:

Good question Skink, why not command?

Mahtipakarat:

In my opinion it’s good that command groups are not allowed. Everyone is on the same starting point and you have to use even more skill to create unique/impressive looking standard troops. I find that usually the command group is the focal point in most units and standard rank and file troopers are usually a lot less impressive and sort of ‘faceless’ if you know what I mean. So let your imagination run free and try to add that extra touch to make amazing models, Good luck to everyone!

Pyro Stick:

Not including command groups leaves that open as a theme for another golden hat.

Willmark:

Plus it levels the playing field because you have base models to judge, not someone’s standard, champion or musician.

Da Crusha:

sorry to hear about your back pyro, thats gotta suck.

I would’ve preferred to have to create a character with a blunderbuss that way we could work on our hailfire gun conversions. regular blunderbuss without command is too restricting IMO. like I said earlier I paint all my blunderbuss the same and my GH entry is likely to look exactly the same.