[Archive] Golden Hat #13 - Musician(1)

Grimstonefire:

[align=center][/align]

Welcome to the 13th Golden Hat competition of Chaos Dwarfs Online!

Subject Matter

Create a single Chaos Dwarfs themed musician

The model has to represent an entry from the Ravening Hordes list.  There is a lot of flexibility here to theme it as something from a fan list, as for example you could create a musician in plate armour (a ‘warrior’ that looks like an immortal).  Or a slave brute (goblin/orc/black orc counts as model).  Maybe a sneaky git musician, or some kind of sorcerer themed thing, or a CD miner.  Or two hobgoblins on a wolf (cavalry base) fighting over a horn etc.  You could even do a model of similar ‘importance’ to a Battle Standard bearer (albeit without any rules).  Plenty of ideas.

For those thinking this is too restrictive, bear in mind that this will make it very competitive, it will be a true test of creativity and skill.  ;)

Basing

The model has to be on game-legal base.

Particulars

Due Date: 11:59 PM October 31st 2010 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)

Subject Matter:  Create a musician

What is the deadline?

Once again same basic premise as previous Golden Hats; send all entries to the Golden Hat account no later 11:59 PM October 31st 2010 (Eastern Standard Timezone). Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (Around 7 weeks to complete your entry).

If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. In order to avoid problems, I “highly advise” that entrants do not wait until the very last minute to submit their entries…

How to Enter

Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the internet.  Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:

- Rightly take your place in the Golden Hat Hall of Fame, where your glory will be remembered for years to come.

- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona *

- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 50 people enter we award 50 slaves to each person who entered.

*= As with previous Golden Hats; if there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well.

Entries will count towards a veteran medal.

As usual once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting. And as always if there are any questions please PM me, another Staff member or post them here.

warh:

good its just a singel model this time;P

blame me if I missed this but how many thimes do you have to enter GH to get a veteran medal?

Willmark:

5 if I’m not mistaken.

clam:

Hmm! - not exactly what I was hoping for. No musicians in the classical old school production line - I’ll have to think this one over - and see if I can come up with an idea.

@Warh
That’s a secret not be revealed - but I guess someone forgot to mention that for Willmark - lol.

We’ve introduced the Veterans’ Medal as a non-exclusive way of encouraging participation, in much the same way as slaves and the other medals on the site. Like the slave system there is a set way to earn these medals, but the precise method is kept a secret.

This is to stop people simply entering half-hearted efforts to chase medals in the same way that some people flood or spam to get a high post count. The medals are awarded for being a frequent participant in our 2 main contests

Grimstonefire
But as you can see in my medal collection’ there is really nothing to it - as it is an invisible medal - and how wants that anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Zanko:

A musician!?!? :o

Not easy to make - at least for me! :~

Have no idea yet but I’m sure to get one! :wink:

:hashut

warh:

5 if I'm not mistaken.

Willmark
Then I will get the invisible medal this time:hat off

Nicodemus:

Yikes. For once I don’t immediately have something in my head for an entry. I’ll need to give this some careful consideration.

I can see that picking a Bull Centaur or Hobgoblin Wolf Rider will give a lot more opportunity due to the much larger base size (25x50 vs. 20x20) which is a big consideration at the judging stage (assuming everything else being equal, of course).

What about a Bull Centaur blowing through huge horn that’s being held aloft?  … except that the horn has been rammed through a Dwarf’s mouth and out his backside? Could I do that? ;)  I guess everyone will know what my entry is now :stuck_out_tongue:

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’m pretty excited about this. I think that there’s loads of potential. However, the current state of my army means I am only considering two different units for this. However, I’m likely to go with a specific one (duh: I mean I’ve pretty much decided which, just now) and have two thoughts on how to gabout it. I may incorporate both, lol :smiley:

Da Crusha:

ohh this sounds cool. so what are the rules again… completely finished models that are posted on cdo are not eligible, is that correct?

tjub:

A musician sounds good, always usefull. And I should be able to produce it in time… :slight_smile:

zobo1942:

Here’s some inspiration:

(caution, some strong language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AxdJzXEpxM&feature=related

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLr8gnYpVsg

Clinkz:

Very exciting to see what people come up with, if work slows down a bit perhaps ill enter something of my own :slight_smile:

Golder Goldeater:

Oh I have a very good idea for this :slight_smile:
Good luck everyone!

Can we have two models on one legal sized base?(Like the hobbo wolfrider example?)

nitroglysarine:

I may enter my first miniature into this one, not really an idea yet, but i’m sure something will come to mind.

-i hope :-p

Alfract:

looking forward to this one, with only one model, i how this encourages more people to enter

Blue in VT:

I’m excited about this too…as well I daunted by the quality of the previous GH entries…you guys are very talented! I’m have to bear down and try this myself…I have the perfect figure in mind for this!

Cheers,

Blue

Ogrob:

Single figure aye? Makes me tempted to dig out what I have left of Dwarf bits and pieces and maybe make something.

We shall see, we shall see.

Either way, I look forward to seeing what people come up with for this one.

Grimstonefire:

@Da Crusha. Nothing that has been shown painted before can be entered, if you’ve shown it undercoated we’d allow it.

@Golder Goldeater. 2 models on one game legal base is a perfectly fine conversion. You’d have to consider how it ranked if it’s going to be an issue.

Obsidian:

Hmmm, definitly not what I expected…

No ideas yet whatsoever for this, hopefully inspiration will come soon.

Willmark:

Clam- yeah but here’s the thing: people would find out no matter what. As far as medals it look like we need Xander to do some work here.