[Archive] Golden Hat #16

Skink:

Bought the bits I needed. 40bucks are a little bit more than the budget I set for this competition but with the winter season closing (bringing lots of tourists stuffed with $$$) I guess I can afford it!:slight_smile:

Alfract:

Once i find my hobby Knife, i can finally start on these guys, luckily i need 7 of them for my Kings of war army

vulcanologist:

@ Alfract :You’ve got me intrigued!

Nicodemus:

This GH is going to do my head in… still nothing yet.  Been back to the drawing board numerous times now and have revised over and over. We’re now two weeks in and I’m honestly not even sure what I’m doing at this point…  argh!! I’ve got some bases set aside, that’s about it. x.x

G.2:

@ Nicodemus: I understand what you mean. I looked at various minis from various manufacturers. And after days of searching I thought I had narrowed down my search down to particular type of mini (details will be kept confidential), and as I was in the process of acquiring such a mini again days later, I stumbled across a better mini, which was nothing like what I was looking for, but fits the overall theme better (again, the details will be kept confidential). So, I am only now in the process of acquiring a mini to paint/modify. So you are not too far behind.

My advice would be to keep looking and it will come to you, but you have to not give up.

clam:

Looking forward seeing what you have found, G2

I, myself, gave up long ago, but will be looking forward seeing what kind of creatures you guys can comes up with. Apart from the open category back in GH #10, this is probably the most creative GH, we have had.

G.2:

It is definately not easy finding something to represent a K’daai. I iniitally wanted to do something mechanical, like a steam driven mecha, something from Warmachine maybe, and I did start my search there, but I couldn’t find anything I liked. I then decided to find something more “flamey”. And after looking at various firey elementals I felt these would not fit in with my current style of army (old school big hats). So I decided on something more organic, like a beast or monster. and so I gave myself a list of criteria that my mini had to possess, and here is the list that I came up with:

1. Something about Ogre size.

2. Not caring any weapons, or at least the weapons could be removed without too much effort.

3. Domething that would represent a “firey” appearance. Like flames or similiar.

4. It had to look mean/evil/scary/nasty.

5. Not wearing any “normal” clothes. Only metal armor or no armor.

As a bonus (not essentil for me).

6. Some sort of “cladding” or “binding” (like chains or armor) to represent some sort of mechanism to control this beast/monster/entity.

Looking forward seeing what you have found, G2

clam
Now the pressure is on. :slight_smile: All will be revealed soon. I too am keen to see what others have come up with.

RTMaitreya:

1. Something about Ogre size.
All will be revealed soon. I too am keen to see what others have come up with.

G.2
I am making progress.  If I finish, you will all serve me well in the mines.  I am a firm but fair master.  You will eat most days, and toil no more than 20 hours at a time. You will know of my progress by my sig file. When 73 turns to 76, know that your chains will follow.

RTM

tjub:

Baseing and painting left…

Borador:

Sculpting is kinda on a hold, will be working on it again wednesday. If it turns out the way I want it, I’m guessing I’ll even get a vote or 2 :wink:

vulcanologist:

Started painting mine. You probably won’t guess this one is mine not sure if it fits the theme o the rest of my army but what the hell I’m trying to keep this one simple and achievable with the very limited time I’ve got.

Zanko:

I searched a quite long time for a special mini and today it arrived! :cheers

This evening I want to build it together but perhaps I will make some conversions before … I’m not sure!

:hashut

Skink:

grumble everyone seems to be done AT LEAST with converting/modeling… I haven’t received my bits yet!!! Come on postman! Cookies for you if you get here tomorrow morning.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I have several ideas for this, but completely lack time and money. ARGH! Still, I will finish my AC entry that (obviously) is delayed.

tjub:

Wow, after som accidential painting frenzy tonight Im done… :o

vulcanologist:

Blimey! First past the post again! You have way too much time on your hands!

Nicodemus:

Crikey!! Done already!?? *&^$#@ ! If you could see my progress and what this thing looks like it’s laughable at this stage. I think my 3-year-old could do better at the moment.

tjub:

I was a bit surprised meself… :stuck_out_tongue:

Xander:

If your entry happens to be mechanical, you could probably enter it at Beasts of War too:

http://www.beastsofwar.com/board-games/mechanical-marvels-minirama-xmas-competition/

:wink:

Abecedar:

I almost like how mine is progressing, first effort ever at flames, but gunna have to get going if I want more than one (which I do).