[Archive] Golden Hat #2

Hashut’s Blessing:

I now have GREENSTUFF! My god! Time to practise before I use it…

Xander:

A quick note, if we hope to have an entry posted on the GW US site, be sure to take the picture with a white back-drop to match the standard on the site. Cheers.

angryboy2k:

I got my fig, and started hacking it up a couple of days ago.

But I’ve just realized there’s a good chance my conversion won’t get posted if I continue with my “holding aloft the severed head of an enemy” conversion due to a most unfortunate similarity with certain militant actions in Iraq.

Any thoughts?

Steve

The Flying Beaver:

I’d never have noticed the similarities, to be honest. Besides, there’s nothing wrong with basing models after real-life occurrences. Do what you think looks cool.

cornixt:

Several GW have that very pose. The ones that spring most to mind are a couple of Dark Elves and the plastic Goblins.

angryboy2k:

Right, I’ll press on with that then. It was that or give the figure a shield (which seems a bit useless given his ARMOUR OF GAZRAKH!!!)

Steve

Traitor King:

another example is the beast man bestigor from the chariot. (a sweet model btw)

cant wait to see this conversion!

hal:

A quick note, if we hope to have an entry posted on the GW US site, be sure to take the picture with a white back-drop to match the standard on the site. Cheers.
Does this mean that the actual model has to be very GW friendly, as in at least 50% GW model, or somehting?

Lord Zarkov:

the majority of the model (both price and volume) must be GW for them to feature it…

ha…ha…ha.SHUUT!:

where can we go to see these minis?

I really wanna see what Kyte did.

cornixt:

I thought they had scrapped that, half of the Golden Demon winners are almost 100% sculpts, the only requirement is that it isn’t by another manufacturer and that it fits into the universe.

angryboy2k:

It occurs to me that since Xander is sending all these figs to GWUS we probably need to relinquish our copyright of the photographs if we are to have a hope in hell of GW putting pics on their website.

Steve

angryboy2k:

My entry can now be seen here: https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5961

And I hereby relinquish my copyright to these pictures yadda yadda…

Steve

grom:

unfortuneatly i didnt finished my mini :frowning:

Arashi:

Phew! A last minute entry, you can find my contribution in my topic in the showcase section.

torn:

I thought they had scrapped that, half of the Golden Demon winners are almost 100% sculpts, the only requirement is that it isn't by another manufacturer and that it fits into the universe.

cornixt
I think its tournament rules that says 50% of the model must be GW. I can remember not long ago in white dwarf a pic of a chaos lord of a daemonic mount that must he been more than 50% sculpted, considering the mount was and it was huge!

Saying that though if we wanted to enter a fimir or some other written out creature where would you get 50% of the parts. I can imagine the rule only applies if they make the mini your doing themselves. Im sure you will get away with sculpting a hell of a lot more than using another companies figures.

Cant wait to see everyones finished results!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, they’re all up and waiting to be voted upon! May the best dwarf win! hopes it is self