[Archive] Golden Hat #3 - Painting Competition!

The Flying Beaver:

Is it going to be split between hobs on foot and hobs on wolves/hounds/mammoths? I.E. medal for best foot model & medal for best mounted?
No, just one category.

Nehan:

Does Mengel Khan (see here) does count as a hobgoblin hero for means of this competition?

Hammerhand:

FINALLY!!! I’ve got everything I need for my GH entry!!!

Pyro Stick:

I think i might sit this one out actually. All i have to use is some Skaven bits and random bits from other armie like Wood Elves and Tomb Kings etc and i cant be bothered buying parts to make a hobgoblin. THe next one for a Chaos Dwarf model ill enter.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Dang. If only it weren’t for my lack of time a holiday, no money and starting university. have to leave this one out. Will be great to watch it. Six weeks is MORE than enough time.

Doombeard:

i am a hobgoblin

Xander:

i am a hobgoblin

iamahobgoblin
So it would seem, care to elaborate?

Dracomancer:

Are we allowed to set up a log showing it being made, as something tells me my hobbo, if I can get the styrene in time, is going to be a bit bigger than the other entries… :idea

<.<

>.>

And if not on this forum, are we allowed to make a log on another forum?

The Evil Twin:

YAAAAAAY!!! i know it would be good to make some hobos:sick

Wosamog:

Say, I’m looking at my entry, and considering entering it in the UK Golden Demon now. Would it be a problem if I entered both GD and GH competitions with the same model, or should I keep my Hobbo exclusively for Golden Hat?

Cheers,

Wos

Hammerhand:

Say, I'm looking at my entry, and considering entering it in the UK Golden Demon now.��Would it be a problem if I entered both GD and GH competitions with the same model, or should I keep my Hobbo exclusively for Golden Hat?

Cheers,

Wos

Wosamog
Golden Daemon standard eh! I better get my $rse into gear and get painting.

My entry is coming along nicely, finished the hobhound, just used v.basic conversions based on the oblah kahn DoW figure. It's looking pretty good so far. Pictures soon.

PS, I take it this is where we post our entries?

The Flying Beaver:

Dracomancer: Yes.

Wosamog: Feel free to use the same model in GD and GH.

Hammerhand: Send entries by PM to either Xander or myself.

Xander:

Entries can be posted here, but often, entries that are held from public eye until voting sustain their wow factor longer! More apt to win. :wink:

Uzkul Werit:

I have one of the old 5th Edition Hobgoblin Heros in my box. If I can find a game, he’ll be my entry.

Guildenstern:

too bad! My concept won’t work. The battle masters goblin is much smaller than a goblin. The main problem is the little face. I don’t have any spare goblin heads though I dunno if I will finish an entry now or not. Actually my woodelves and empire soldiers need paint… But I’m still looking forward seeing your entries.

grunts:

Oh boy. I just saw joined yesterday and noticed the GH competition. I got so excited, I started digging around in my bitz box to see what I could come up with (it was 9 o’clock at night so the local hobby shop was closed). I think I was up until about 2am working on my entry. I don’t want to give too much away…but do you know how hard it is to reposition a gnoblar?!?

I’m really stoked to see everyone’s entries.

Xander:

I think I will model my entry tonight. :slight_smile:

wallacer:

i am a hobgoblin

iamahobgoblin
Put on some make-up and post a picture of yourself. Who knows, you might win....

cornixt:

There was me thinking I was well behind. I’ve got all the bits for mine, still needs to be posed and greenstuffed, then the painting.

Xander:

Time is running out! A little over two weeks left! I better hop to it!