[Archive] Golden Hat #6 - Painting Competition

Sojourn:

it’s true. Xander ignored me allllll night while I was planning, but luckily Vex was around working on his gaoler… and he likes my ideas and was helping me find stuff to use and everything! I like my current concept. I’m pretty excited :slight_smile:

furrie:

good luck

Knight Of Awsome:

I was working on my concept, but the man cacher i don’t know what that would look like:o (big cage, handheld tool?). Glade to see that theres going to me some cool competition!

@Sojourn: don’t give him wings or flowers, that would kill the other player instead of the other models.

GRNDL:

@Knight of Awesome

A man catcher is usually used to describe a long weapon (an asian one, IIRC) that is designed to snag on someone’s clothes or to be looped around a part of the body, so as to stop the victim from getting away. The one I’m thinking of is like a long 2-pronged pitch fork, with the two prongs formed a wide circle with a gap in the further point. Spikes and hooks line the inside of the circle and these would tangle with clothing, or sink slightly into the flesh of the victim, enabling him/her to be captured.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I have had mine planned since befire GHV finished (and thusly, before we’d decided what GHVI would be). Alas, I must get the model now :smiley: Good to see so many entries. Vexxus, you could have had a greenskin wiht short/maimed legs to avoid the movement issue etc :smiley:

Vexxus:

I have had mine planned since befire GHV finished (and thusly, before we'd decided what GHVI would be). Alas, I must get the model now :D Good to see so many entries. Vexxus, you could have had a greenskin wiht short/maimed legs to avoid the movement issue etc :D

Hashut's Blessing
HB: well the description of Gaoler direstly states that it is a CD, so I wanted to remain true to form on this one, but thanks for the idea! Sadly I have been pulling all-dayers on my model and am doing it in record time seemingly... a few colour selections left, and ten choosing a scheme for the base, and mine is complete... crazy ahead of schedule but I really got into this one. Lots of man hours still to pour into the base, which will hopefully be pulled off. I have had to do many parts over a couple times to get right, since I am borrowing techniques from many of the best here at CDO and making them my own as I perfect them to my own skills! Gonna be crazy, but what I can promise is a less rushed and better finished product than my last (albeit hurried) entry!

I love mine so much I do believe that I will ask Xander to make it into my avatar, when the comp is over! Hopefully the community will like it as well... no spoilers pls Sojo/Xander!!!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Awesome. glad it;s going to be done so soon. You can then start on your AC2 entry. Also, could finish your mordheim wraband!

Sojourn:

@ Knight of Awesome (KoA): can’t the gaoler imprison people with allergens from flowers!? the wings would act merely as a way to thrust the pollen into their eyes and nose!!! :wink:

no no, I don’t want mine to be that obvious I did it… although I bet people will still say “that’s Sojourn’s!” lol

@ Vex: you know I would never. But I agree… Vex’s is looking saaaa-weeet. :wink:

Vexxus:

Yeah I am brainstorming for the AC2, but no brilliant ideas yet!

…but luckily I still have ample time hehe!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Good lad, Vexxus! Sojourn, it doesn;t matter so much if they can tell, just do what you want as, at the end of the day, it’s your model to keep anyway!

al-hashut:

Should be able to enter as my exams will be over in 2weeks and i’ve sorted all the french paperwork for my placement. Any mordheim buffs out there know the rules for the ‘steel whip’? i assume it’s not a CD exclusive item

Xander:

Ya, I too am wondering what the Steel Whip does. :slight_smile:

Vexxus:

Ya, I too am wondering what the Steel Whip does. :)

Xander
Since there was interest in the community, I took the liberty of doing everyone's research for them (hehe).

Made a new post where you can find out just What is a Steel Whip?

Filipicusius:

As i read through this tread i realised I’m not going to wins this…

But the promise of slaves…

I’m going to enter anyway!

al-hashut:

Cheers Vexxus, your a real friend of the lazy faction of this fine community

Obsidian:

Thanks Vexxus! :cheers:

Just started a new job so time has been sparse, hope I’ll find the time to compete at all! :frowning:

Sojourn:

Vex is lining himself up for an award next year 2008 Forum Researcher or something! good work :slight_smile:

Grimstonefire:

Sad for me (and for you all I’m sure ;)), I won’t have the time to enter this one.

I will however describe the model I was planning to do. I initially thought of doing a torturer priest (not a sorcerer), but I had an idea for a ‘non combatant’ model themed more on that gangster one from inquisitor.  The one with the big cloak and cigar, can’t seem to find a pic anywhere.

Obsidian:

Hey now, don’t give anyone else ideas! :wink:

But that is a cool concept. Hmmm, maybe for a future Sorcerer…:~

Vexxus:

OMG no Grimstone! :frowning:

Although… if we can just put a hit out on Ishkur we might all have a chance here!

LOL kidding.

Come on Grim you gotta enter, we need that motivation to make our models all they can be :smiley: