[Archive] Golden Hat #8 - Determine the Top 10!

dedwrekka:

Lots of great stuff here, makes me wish I’d come up with a better idea.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Just a quick question - Should we be posting our build-up pics in our army blogs now, or wait unitl voting is finished, to be fair?

I, for one, am going to wait.

cornixt:

I’m astounded by the sheer variety and originality in these. 28 and not even a single ordinary Death Rocket or earthshaker

Ghrask Dragh:

I think it’s best to wait untill posting WIp etc, remember there is more voting after this too :smiley:
Although we all have our ‘traits’ it’s still nice to keep it as anonymous as possible, it’s been alot harder to guess who’s who this time around, alot of new faces… great news for CDO :cheers

Xander:

Ya, I’d say hold off for now. =)

Kera foehunter:

It would be better to wait !! But you can still tell, who is who models once a gain by one style

wallacer:

That’s true, some of them I can guess who made them.

Most of them I actually can’t though. Guess i’ll just have to wait :rolleyes:

Kera foehunter:

you should be able to spot mine it 29

furrie:

Its pretty hard to pick 5 with this many great entry, but I’m down to 16 :stuck_out_tongue:

so.sad:

Wow, I’m really impressed.

Not only by the number of entries but also by the quality!

It makes me feel less bad about not finishing mine in time.

two more things to say:

1.) would you mind outsourcing the images? it occures to me that 28 images on the start page makes the whole page really slow if there are several visitors at the same time (took me about 4 min to load the side and another 2 for every new page I’m opening).

2.) With that number of entries, would you consider a seperate second voting for creativity? I would have like’d to vote for several entries due to the genius unusual idea behind them but could’nt since the overall appearence of others were too good.

If you decide to do so, I’d offer another AoD as 1st. price (or any other model desired by the winner as long as it’s int the same price category).

greetings

so.sad

Arashi:

Damn, I have a bad feeling that noone will vote for mine…

Anyways, voted!

Revlid:

God… Damn. That is some serious variety and imagination right there, not to mention skill.

My bias toward self-sculpted stuff means that my entry still made it into my personal top ten, but it’s going to be incredibly hard to narrow it down to just 5. Argh.

demi_morgana:

voted - great to see some oldschool dwarfs here :slight_smile:

Maul:

It was not easy to cut to the top ten, but the top five was pretty painful. What an amazing selection. I would be happy to break the top ten. I look forward to putting names with pieces, although you can guess at a few.

Canix:

Voted eventually after many wow moments while looking closely at some of the narratives and detail work .Great stuff :hat off

Thommy H:

I predict a certain someone is going to crush everyone (literally, looking at the model) in this contest. There’s a lot of impressive entires though - I’m glad I didn’t throw my hat in as the only thing I would have had time and parts to build would have looked pretty shabby next to some of these.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

What about dividing them into sub catagories, like Earth Shakers, Death Rockets, Hell Cannons, and Mechanical Creations? Then figure out the “1, 2, 3” of those and then group them together for the final vote?

Also, will we be able to see how many votes each model is getting before we narrow it down to the finalists?

snowblizz:

I would like to have captions on those… I mean I get the cannons but nr 24 I can’t even fathom what it is for. But I bet it is nasty. Now to vote…

clam:

I predict a certain someone is going to crush everyone (literally, looking at the model) in this contest.

Thommy H
I also predict that a certain 'Shatterer Beast' is most likely going to win this one ;)

jolpis:

tons of good warmachines, love no 8. good luck ppl.