[Archive] Golden Hat #8 - Winners Announced!

Grimstonefire:

For those living miles away from the nearest phone point the last couple of months we had a competition to create a warmachine.  This was Golden Hat 8, the regular competitions that our members have to test their skills against each other.

The voting has now closed and I can finally announce the winners

(added suspense…) and a drumroll…

1st Place and Golden Hat Winner:  Ishkur Cinderhat with his awesome bull like warmachine thing

2nd Place and Silver Hat Winner:  Xander with his warmachine based on the one from Warhammer Online.

3rd Place and Bronze Hat Winner:  tjub with his hilarious death rocket team.

Congratulations to all the entrants, but especially to the top 3.  Ishkur has proven he�?Ts up there at the pinnacle of competition by being the only person to hold two Golden Hat medals.  I�?Tll catch you up just you wait�?� ;)  I assume Xander will get in touch with details of your AoW mini soon.

Xander I know is really pleased to have won a medal for his painting, I know you put in a lot of time and effort with this.

Tjub It�?Ts been a great few months for you, no doubt this will mean a lot to you.  I presume Xander will send you the Canadian WD supplement.

To all our contenders your minis will be shown in the CDO Hall of Fame and you will receive a number of slaves equal to the number of participants.  All the better for sending to each other in Slave week :wink:

For those curious we had 168 votes in the final round, Ishkur secured 18%, Xander 15% and tjub 14%.

This has been the most successful Golden Hat by far, more entries than any other competition and certainly more voting (in both rounds).

A round of applause for everyone.  May the drinking and feasting last for a whole week!

Entrant Key:
01 - Alvarok
02 - Loki
03 - Zanko
04 - orclord
05 - demi_morgana
06 - dedwrekka
07 - Cryonicleech
08 - tjub
09 - Tarrakk Blackhand
10 - Hazkar
11 - Swissdictator
12 - Borka
13 - Borador
14 - Kera foehunter
15 - Arashi
16 - the unheard one
17 - Astranagant
18 - clam
19 - Ishkur Cinderhat
20 - Maul
21 - Obsidian
22 - Canix
23 - Pyro Stick
24 - Grimstonefire
25 - Revlid
26 - Xander
27 - WhyNotCrashDifferently?
28 - GRNDL

Kera foehunter:

yea !!!great job ish now where are you going to put that new first prize !!your avatar is full!!

congrades xander on second

great job tjubs!!! you did well

Ubertechie:

Congrats to everyone and especially to the winners (i think that this was my top 3 so maybe congratulations to me as well?)

Fantastic modelling and painting and people really pushed the envelope in so many different ways - this can only be a good thing for the site and chaos dwarfs in general

clam:

Yeah a big congrats to all the winners here :cheers - best GH ever! May this set the standard for all future GHs :smiley:

Swissdictator:

I think all my final three got it… nice.

:cheers Ishkur! Nicely done sir!

:cheers Xander, I really like how you brought a concept out of WAR into the game! :slight_smile:

:cheers tjub This warmachine always puts a smile on my face. A wicked evil, but delighted, smile!

Congrats to all three! I love the work of all three of you.

Border Reiver:

Well done all, especially to Ishkur - that bull is awesome!

Xander - nicely done

And to tjub - A wonderfully humerous look at rocket launching.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Whoa, I’ll have to add a few centimeters to my hat to celebrate this occasion! :slight_smile:

Man, building the Shatterer Beast was one of the most rewarding things I did during the past months. I really enjoyed working on it for those weeks in January and February (or rather every now and then and on the weekends, mostly), so… thanks CDO for this!! :cheers

Congrats Xander, that’s an impressive amount of firepower. ^^ And tjub hope you’ll make many opponents laugh with this great model!

Now I am looking forward to seeing all those awesome entries in the individual blogs. With big pictures!

Ubertechie:

Ishkur

Do you have a set of WIP photos / details on how you made the model - would certainly make a very interesting read

GRNDL:

Bah!!

/shakes fist

Willmark:

Damn impressive an awesome job all round!

Xander better get busy doling out the prizes, there is a veritable dwarf hoard there.

wallacer:

An amazingly high calibre of entries in the comp this year. Congrats to all who placed. I am in awe of your talent.

Xander:

The prizes, as explain in the prize thread work this way:

The winner, Ishkur, gets to choose which of the 3 prizes he wants.  The remaining two are raffled off. Another person volunteered an AoW model.  So we might be able to get one for Tjub too. I will contact the donor. The raffles will be random, and I will determine the winners in a couple days!

Thanks for all your votes! :)  You can expect a LOT of WIP pics.  I took MANY of them.

Swissdictator:

Thanks for all your votes! :)  You can expect a LOT of WIP pics.  I took MANY of them.

Xander
SWEET! It looks like it took a lot of work Xander, so I'm looking forward to seeing them and perhaps sneaking off with a few ideas of how to make conversions easier!

tjub:

Great contest over all!

Good to see that I too voted for the ones beating me, and I must say that both of them are a level above my rocket… :slight_smile:

demi_morgana:

congrats to the winners! :smiley: it was a pleasure to compete with such entries!

please PM me your addresses so little SMM something can be sent to you… :wink:

Bassman:

Compliments to everybody. Just one of my favourites managed to get to the top three… but all of the entries are so cool I’m not disappointed with the result.

:hashut

Hahut will be pleased by this gargantuan bull! :hat

Bassman

Ghrask Dragh:

An amazing competition, the standards for Golden Hat have been set and this one will be very hard to beat indeed!!

:hat off to everyone who entered and congratulations to the winners :cheers

Ubertechie:

I will contact the donor.  

Xander
PM Sent

Arashi:

Congrats to all of you!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

@Xander - I’ve sent you a PM! ^^

@Ubertechie - aye, I put them online in my army blog here. Hope to see many more people’s entries in larger scale soon! :hat off