[Archive] Golden Hat XI Winners Annouced!

Willmark:

Here we are again with another awesome contest that resulted in Golden Hat XI and I must say great job everyone. This ties I believe for the record of most entries in a Golden Hat with 27 submissions submitted, so great job there everyone.

For those that may have missed it the voting took place here: http://chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7198

Despite some interesting predictions this turned out to be perhaps the closest voting ever in the history of Golden Hat with only one vote separating 1st from 2nd; that’s right, one vote! So after checking and double (and triple) checking the count stayed the same, so without any further delay here we are:

1st - Golden Hat
m3lvin

2nd - Silver Hat
Snotling

3rd - Bronze Hat
Bassman

Entry Key:
Entry #1 - Dncswlf
Entry #2 - Bolg
Entry #3 - warh
Entry #4 - Zanko
Entry #5 - arashi
Entry #6 - Willmark
Entry #7 - tjub
Entry #8 - Tarrak Blackhand
Entry #9 - Loki
Entry #10 - Border Reiver
Entry #11 - centauro enano
Entry #12 - Bassman
Entry #13 - Borador
Entry #14 - Grimstonefire
Entry #15 - Ogrob
Entry #16 - Pyro Stick
Entry #17 - clam
Entry #18 - Snotling
Entry #19 - The Snowman
Entry #20 - bas_2312
Entry #21 - The Brain
Entry #22 - Amotep
Entry #23 - Balseraph
Entry #24 - Revlid
Entry #25 - black hammer
Entry #26 - M3lvin
Entry #27 - Thorne

Thanks again to all who entered! Medals and slaves forthcoming! Also congratulations to M3lvin are in order as he becomes the first person to win back-to-back Golden Hats!

Also of note is the fact that Bassman has become the first person to win a hat of each color: Gold, Silver and Bronze!

clam:

That was a close race.

And what a rather surprising outcome - but a nice one indeed :wink:

Congrats to all the 3 winners - it’s well earned.

tjub:

Congrats to all, and especially the winners! :slight_smile:

Balseraph:

At last… :wink:

I congratulate the winners and the rest!!

Although it is not surprising for me: place 1 and 2 but 3 surprised me.

(This does not mean that Bassman not deserve on it. He deserves:) )

Once more:

Big Congratulations 4 : Bassman, Snotling & M3lvin :hat off

And a little smaller congratulations 4 rest of… us :slight_smile:

Probably all agree that a round of applause goes to the entire Top 27!!

And what about the other results? We’ll find out how much others get votes?

Willmark! we want all results! :stuck_out_tongue:

:hashut

Zanko:

Congrats to the winners and to all participants of this historic GH XI! :hat off

:hashut

Willmark:

Willmark! we want all results! :P

Balseraph
Well 4th place was Clam and 5th was Grimstonefire so hopefully that will suffice.

As far as overall results its gets tougher as some people got a few votes or not at all with a few others they got more then 5.

As a rule we dont give out the number of votes per person.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Excellent work everyone! Especially great work to the top 3!

I’m just curious where I placed though…Did anyone vote on mine?

Willmark:

Yes you got votes.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Thorne:

Haha Id still love to officialy know if I came last :wink: And a very big congratulations to all that entered the competition it made it a hard fougth race for anyone competing ! Well done all :smiley: and when do we get our slaves :wink: and our tripple crown winner Bassman !

Balseraph:

Thank you for voting for my entry :slight_smile:

As for the first time in GH - even one vote counts for me :slight_smile:

Next time Hashut help more to his faithful followers :hashut

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I’ll agree with the following. ThanX for voting for me and hopefully next time will be better…or maybe I’ll try my luck with the Artisan Contest instead.

Joshmohr:

Gratz everyone- hehe two of the ones i voted for are in there!!

clam:

I came ?- that was really a surprise. But a nice one :smiley: You guy’s usually don’t like unconverted standard models - what happend? - but thanks alot for voting on me, of course.

And about showing the overall result. Funny thing is, that if had been less than 10 entries and it had been a ‘poll’ (Like Artisan and others) - it would have been all official? But as said a few times lately. 3 equal votes makes it a nasty business. I would really like to see a ranked scoring system when we have this many entries.

Bassman:

I came 4th - that was really a surprise. But a nice one :D You guy's usually don't like unconverted standard models - what happend? - but thanks alot for voting on me of course.

clam
I do like unconverted standard models like yours when they are really well painted and have a great basing! As a matter of facts you were into my best 3! Even if I lke big hats I can recognize a great painting and a great miniature.

Well, I'd like to thank you everybody. I should have an hard core fan base in this forum :P thank you all.
It was a really big surprise to see my miniature in top 3!! This time there were so many cool entries... much better than mine! Like Clam's :)

Yep, Gold, Silver and Bronze I'm so proud of my precioooooooussssss medals.... only mineeeeee, my birthday presentsssssss, my precioussss x.x

Snotling:

Only one vote between me and M3lvin?! that’s pretty close…

Yay cool, thanks to all who voted for me, you guys made all that possible! :hat off

Congrats to M3lvin and Bassman for the medals and to all 24 members for their awesome sorcerers. I can’t wait for the next GH!

Hazkar:

congratulations to you guys

imo the best gh ever(so sorry i couldn´t enter…lost my mini and had no time to do another one)

but be prepared…next gh will be mine :wink:

m3lvin:

Thanks to everyone that voted for me,

and even greater thanks to all my worthy opponents

that makes these competitions so unique and awesome.

truly inspiring.

:hat off

/melv

Revlid:

Each one of these was an awesome entry in its own right, but the ones that were awarded medals were truly a step ahead of the pack, each one with a radically different aesthetic that is still “Chaos Dwarf”. Would that there could have been more medals!

Can I ask where I came in the rankings, or how many votes I had?

Mario:

They all look so great, well done! Truly inspirational and great all around!

Snotling:

imo the best gh ever(so sorry i couldn´t enter...lost my mini and had no time to do another one)

Hazkar
how do you lose a miniature on which you are working on?! :o