[Archive] Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!

Borador:

@Xander: On beforehand I’d like to state that if I win one of the two random draw prices, I humbly decline, since I already have a Dronzak Bannerfist and I wouldn’t use a death rocket in my army anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: so if that would be the case, please pass the prize on to another contestant ^^

vulcanologist:

Well done everyone! Our mighty Chaos dwarf empire keeps growing in strength and numbers! Seriously, some amazing entries well done all who entered and a big thank you to the staff for all your time and effort and to mantic for backing this contest! If ever proof was needed that ours is the most diverse,creative and supportive bunch on the net this surely was it! I also found it interesting that after all the calls for monsters and dioramas etc the contest that produved the greatest involvement was for a simple trooper! Well done again to the staff! After much deliberation my vote has been cast… Good luck everyone!

Golder Goldeater:

I came up with my favourite 10.:slight_smile:
The 10 became 8, the 8 becam 5 and the 5 became 3.:stuck_out_tongue:
However, Abecedar and Dino tend to come up with really kick @$$ miniatures so I will wait for their entries to come up before I submit my entries.:hat off

nitroglysarine:

However, Abecedar and Dino tend to come up with really kick @$$ miniatures so I will wait for their entries to come up before I submit my entries.:hat off

Golder Goldeater
I'm guessing if that happens, then the votes will all be reset for fairness sake.

Borador:

@nitro: dont think so actually, since they are already being enabled to enter, although they entered wrongly. I believe Xander already stated that they will have the disadvantage of not being able to get the votes that have already been cast.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, I’m blown away by the sheer number of entrants and the quality of all of the pieces. It’s very difficult to decide and only made easier by me being strict with the “rank-and-file” part of the description - having said that, I feel bad as I can’t discount how cool everything is.

I recall people revealing feelings of blandness in a single, run of the mill guy, but I feel it was the right way to go. Back to basics and everyone can get involved and no two pieces are similar in any way.

I’m glad that I managed to squeeze my entry in, after having Internet problems in the last hours of entering, lol. I try not to leave it to the last minute, but that’s the tradition of CDO competitions :wink:

Regarding the entries being re-added: as Xander said, the rules were clear on how to correctly enter and we are being more than fair by offering you to resend them correctly (although we’ll check that the originals were entered on time for everyone else’s fairness) and add them in. The penalty for not entering properly is evident in that they have lost some time on accruing votes so far.

Best of luck to all and thanks to all entrants for taking part, thanks to Mantic for supplying some cool prizes and many thanks to the members who entered their own draw prizes.

nitroglysarine:

Ah right, so they are free to re-sent them correctly, and the punishment for not reading them right is loosing a few possible votes.

gotcha, in that case i’d say to those affected, get them in quick!!

clam:

Wow - so that’s what you all have been doing :smiley: What a spectacular GH - and very interesting seeing what impact “prizes” can have :stuck_out_tongue:

Great job all of you - though you made it so easy picking me 3 favourites. Bring out the D28.

Borador:

Clam, roll my entrynumber, then I’ll buy your entry as soon as you make him comercially available! :wink:

Yeah, I know we have a deal!

snowblizz:

It's very difficult to decide and only made easier by me being strict with the "rank-and-file" part of the description - having said that, I feel bad as I can't discount how cool everything is.

Hashut's Blessing
Lots of people have mentioned that, but I gotta ask, how the 'eck do I make a call that something is rank and file or not?

After all, nothing says I can't be RnF from a elite unit, which would be a bit more involved than RnF of a basic unit. Being essentially dwarfs elaborate sort of comes with the territory.

I'm genuinely curious because I really need some help with an Occam's Mindrazor to cut out some entries. Besides my own (naturally, for me at least) I only see 1-2 I can "dismiss" out of hand.

I'm really stumped as of now. An I actually feeling downright despicable when the only way to cut down of number sis to make irrational calls like "I hate lavabases, so that's out".

Deeply impressed by what my fellow hobbyists have done which of course ironically leads to something of a dilemma.

Borador:

Snowblizz, just vote for me three times, you’ll get 3 slaves :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Bassman:

Well I do not think say “I do hate lava bases, so it’s out” is really irrational. Judging miniatures is not only about quality but also a matter of taste. If you do not like lava bases, well that’s a good point to not vote that entry…

I do love lava bases despite not using them for my Chaos dwarves but I do not like other stuff and that is a part of my judgement.

Borador:

I mostly look at painting standard (but I tend to pick something 3rd ed-ish almost all the time ;P)

Willmark:

Damn fine stuff here I’m going to have a hard time with this for sure.

Borador:

Willmark, mind my signature :wink:

(@staff: we can campaign right? As long as i dont mention my entry number ;P)

Bolg:

@Borador: Lol what if I mention your entry number d:

Borador:

@ Bolg: haha that is jut evil :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nah Im just campaigning for giggles, I want ONE VOTE DAMMIT! Haha :wink:

Bolg:

There are more fans of the classic range here, I think you’ll be fine (:

Borador:

That is very true sir!

G.2:

I can tell by all the recent posts, that a few people are jittery with excitement.

@snowbizz: You may find it easier to select your top three by doing a process of elimination. Do something like this. Pick the 3-5 that you “dislike” the most. Then do this process again from the ones that are remaining. And again. Then you should end up with about 5-8 that you really like. Then with these ones. You can start being super critical. Consider things like, a) How skillful is the painting/sculpting, b) Is it mini that you would really like to own, c) can you see a colour which looks out of place, d) does the base suit the mini.

Hopefully this helps out.