[Archive] Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!

JMR:

Well, my votes are in. I’ve voted with the question in mind: "Do I want to see 20-30 of these guys ranked up?"

Really great to see such a large number of entries. Gives me inspiration for working on my own models :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to see the results! Altough to be fair I’m pretty sure which one is gonna win first place :stuck_out_tongue: (not mine ;))

snowblizz:

I can tell by all the recent posts, that a few people are jittery with excitement.

@snowbizz: You may find it easier to select your top three by doing a process of elimination. Do something like this. Pick the 3-5 that you "dislike" the most. Then do this process again from the ones that are remaining. And again. Then you should end up with about 5-8 that you really like. Then with these ones. You can start being super critical. Consider things like, a) How skillful is the painting/sculpting, b) Is it mini that you would really like to own, c) can you see a colour which looks out of place, d) does the base suit the mini.

Hopefully this helps out.

G.2
Something like that is what I'll be doing, right now I'm thinking I'll download all pictures and keep deleting the ones I "dis"like and see what I'm left with. I'm still thinking I'm going to have to start making decisions on "frivolous" grounds just to narrow it down.

It's a painting competition so I'd like to be able to just look at the painting, but alas, so so so many choices.

Ha! Now I know, it said 4 photos, some have more than 4 views are are so using more than 4 pictures which is "against the rules". Chop, chop from my longlist... ;)

EDIT: Being harsher than I've ever had to be I'm now down to 11.
EDIT2: Oh the humanity, the humanity... finally down to 3. It was brutal, brutal I tell you.

Admiral:

I’ll be doing like JMR, that is, asking myself what three miniatures I’d like to see a 20-30 model unit of, since that’s what the competition is about. Bizarrely, this threatens to cut out two of the best painted samples. :stuck_out_tongue:

Zanko:

Holy crap … there are some really amazing models! :hat off

I thought we will see more FW guys.

It’s difficult to find the 3 “best” ones … I think I will need some more time to choose them! :wink:

Update: My votes are made - very diffucult decision!

:hashut

Admiral:

By the way, thank you Xander, for putting together such a good compilation. :slight_smile:

EEJR:

Haha, there’s a Chaos Dwarf made from the old Chaos Warriors with bodies in riot against themselves. Best use of them! :smiley:

Nebuchandnezzar:

Just placed my votes, one model caught my attention straight away for first but secon and third was an extremely hard desicion.

All great entries :hat off

Borador:

Dear Mister Voting Thread,

After reading you, I felt the dire need to reply.

Please end very soon (and give me a vote). I wish to know who will win this clash of the Titans. Yes, it is true that some voters are torn between Scylla and Charibdis due to only being able to cast three votes, but I suspect even they can make up their minds very soon.

What I wish to say most is that I have feelings of great respect to all the contestants, who once again came up with brilliant work, and to all the staff members who made all this possible. And to you, Mantic Games, I raise my glass, you really went up the ladder by sponsoring this contest.

Looking forward to reading you soon again, Mister Voting Thread.

I bid thee farewell, and good night.

Sincerely yours,

Borador, Grand Aviator of the 101st DZAF regiment of Uzkulak

Blue in VT:

Wow!! As usual with this contest I am completely amazed at the talent and ability of the members of this community. Everyone who entered should be proud of their entry… There is not a warrior here I would be ashamed to have in my army.

That said I have a few favorites from the options… Way more than three… But eventually I was able to narrow it down… My votes are in!

Again… Cheers to all!

Blue

Abecedar:

re-sent mine in again this am, australian time though. Doesn’t matter about the votes, I just want my mini to be in there so as to be included amongst that awesome company. Well a sympathy vote wouldn’t go astray.

Pyro Stick:

My votes are in. I think i can guess about 11 of the entries (inc my own which are always pretty obvious entries lol) but i recognise a lot more. just cant put a name to the paint job because i dont check out blogs enough. Excellent turn out and its nice to see some warhammer forge models appearing but i thought we would have seen a few more.

G.2:

Ha! Now I know, it said 4 photos, some have more than 4 views are are so using more than 4 pictures which is "against the rules". Chop, chop from my longlist... ;)

snowblizz
You may need to be careful with this logic. I too noticed that some entries to have 5 photos and not just 4 (or less). Then upon closer examination, i noticed that 2 photos in that composition were identical. So I am thinking that the admin staff who compiled the photos may have just made a slight error during the photoshop"ing" process. After all their were a LOT of entries.

Thorne:

The biggest problem I am having is to decide what a rank and file evil dwarf is. Many of the entries this competition seam just a bit to special to be rank and file. Great effort everyone. I shall cast my vote when I am able to work out which ones is what I would consider what category.

Borador:

Thorne, elite rank ‘n’ file? “:D”

@ G.2 yes I believe those pictures are the same, the “top” one is zoomed in a bit. Maybe it is due to the size a finished entry picture gets that they put the same picture on top of each other. I’d say to whoever sent that entry in, next time send seperate pictures again!

@Abecedar curious to see what you made! Sadly, I already voted :frowning:

@Pyro 11 is quite a lot! I think I know about 17 or 18 now I think. Seems that our own styles are still preferred, a lot more than I expected as well by the way.

Abecedar:

Pretty easy to guess me and mine considering my "affiliations. Mind you you’d think a guy with my lack of hair would prefer hats. but beanies are sort of masky/helmy aren’t they?. Ah-Ha an Evil Cd in a beanie with pom-poms on it. Boradors is about the only one I’ve got pegged so far.

tjub:

The only thing I can say about champion/rank’n’file/elite is that the creators dont all think alike. My entry is supposed to be and rank’n’file Immortal/2nd warrior unit.
IMO none of the entrys were “too much” character to enter this comp.

Loki:

Great work every one and best of luck to all the entries there is a really great mix of old and new models as well as loads of great conversions

Thorne:

I voted. Not too sure I picked the right ones either but with the competition this fierce it’s going to be bloody hard :smiley:

nitroglysarine:

The only thing I can say about champion/rank'n'file/elite is that the creators dont all think alike. My entry is supposed to be and rank'n'file Immortal/2nd warrior unit.
IMO none of the entrys were "too much" character to enter this comp.

tjub
I think a couple looked like they could have been the unit champions, but I guess that comes from high detail and extras on them that would normally identify them as 'champions'

snowblizz:

snowblizz
You may need to be careful with this logic. I too noticed that some entries to have 5 photos and not just 4 (or less). Then upon closer examination, i noticed that 2 photos in that composition were identical. So I am thinking that the admin staff who compiled the photos may have just made a slight error during the photoshop"ing" process. After all their were a LOT of entries.

G.2
Winky face, winky face...

I had to go with something to cut it down though.