[Archive] Golden Hat XVI

fonejaker:

So what do you think the next golden hat is going to be about, and when do you think it will be running?

I think it will be “warhammer forge” related, or just any thing made by warhammer forge.

tjub:

Hat! Hat! Hat! Hat…

Skink:

I would love to see another Open competition! The first time it has been a success. Let your fantasy free!

Bolg:

Well, I need to paint and sculpt my Lammasu, Clams banner bearer and hope to get my hands on some hobgoblins soon. So I hope something along those d:

Da Crusha:

well Id like a reason, besides the next Tourney, to finish my lammasu.

nitroglysarine:

Train!!!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Jaakko:

With Storm of Magic here we should make monsters!

Thommy H:

We did monsters, but it might be cool to do a competition for count-as Storm of Magic units for Chaos Dwarfs. The rules would need to be quite strict though, I guess.

Baraz Gorechain:

Well spellcasters obviously, for Storm of Magic!

vulcanologist:

Monsters please!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Nebuchandnezzar:

I really hope its monsters as it’ll be cool to see our community’s gribblies :smiley:

Chaos-ThaneWill:

I would suggest another free, i watched last one and it was very good…

I need my CD ogres finished so If that;s on option :).

Xander:

Initially, I thought the Tamurkhan rules would be out in official form this summer, and I had intended to do something with that.

Something Storm of Chaos related might be cool. Thommy H, what did you have in mind?

Anyone, any other ideas,Storm of Chaos related?

tjub:

Initially, I thought the Tamurkhan rules would be out in official form this summer, and I had intended to do something with that.

Something Storm of Chaos related might be cool.  Thommy H, what did you have in mind?

Anyone, any other ideas,Storm of Chaos related?

Xander
Some kinda sorceror seems to be the obvious? :)

Zanko:

I would prefer to paint / sculpt a monster / warmachine thing! :smiley:

A sorcerer might work as well! :wink:

:hashut

Thommy H:

Well, what I was actually thinking was a competition to model any of the units from the Scrolls of Binding, but themed for inclusion with a Chaos Dwarf army. So, for example, if you wanted to do a Giant, you’d have to make it a “Chaos Dwarf-y” Giant (i.e. a slave giant, a fire giant, a mechanical giant, etc.) Something like a unit of Pegasii might not be appropriate at all…unless someone got quite creative!

The difficulty would be in writing rules that express the idea that the unit must be appropriatley themed. We don’t want people just painting up a regular Manticore and submitting it - it has to fit. Or maybe we do want that? All Scrolls of Binding monsters, in all their forms, are legal for inclusion in a Chaos Dwarf army now.

Obviously we’d need to provide a list of all the possible units too, for those that don’t have access to SoM.

Bolg:

well that would work (:

Blue in VT:

Obviously we'd need to provide a list of all the possible units too, for those that don't have access to SoM.

Thommy H
uuuhhh..yeah...that would be me...I have no idea what you're talking about...but point me in the right direction and I'm off!

Cheers,

Blue

Xander:

@Thommy:

Unit of Pegasii eh? Easy, 3 Chaos Dwarf Gyrocopters, with, erm, spikes attached to the front… or really sharp copter blades.

That could work, a Counts-As Scrolls of Binding Monster(s) themed for Chaos Dwarfs.

How many different types of those are there?

Thommy H:

There’s something like 45 Scrolls in the book, so a lot of options.