[Archive] Golden Hat XVI

Hashut’s Blessing:

Within those 45, there are variations therein and optional upgrades to boot.

G.2:

...Chaos Dwarf Gyrocopters, with, erm, spikes attached to the front... or really sharp copter blades.

Xander
Yes please. I have been meaning to do a CD Gyrocopter for a while, as a possible chance to play CDs as Dwarfs. So any comp that lets me build one of these, has my vote.

Baraz Gorechain:

Ooo that’d be cool…

clam:

Obviously we'd need to provide a list of all the possible units too, for those that don't have access to SoM.

Thommy H
uuuhhh..yeah...that would be me...I have no idea what you're talking about...but point me in the right direction and I'm off!

Cheers,

Blue

Blue in VT
I'm in that group, too - enlighten me and I'm in. Is it true that Fimir's are back? Chaos Dwarfs + Fimir .... - sweet :)

snowblizz:

I'm in that group, too - enlighten me and I'm in. Is it true that Fimir's are back? Chaos Dwarfs + Fimir .... - sweet :)

clam
In a manner of speaking. The Fimir (singular?, there's only one) is a powerful magic user you can add to the army.

Same is true for the Zoat. Both are good for getting access to lores you might not normally be able to take due to being "good" or "bad".

Borador:

SoM theme sounds good to me, just give me a list of options to work with :stuck_out_tongue:

Nicodemus:

The fact that SoM will let your Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer summon up a Dwarf Runelord (or other) is interesting. Maybe what we need is something along the lines of an enslaved dwarf.

Either that or a Chaos Dwarf forge or smithy?

fonejaker:

I think “storm of magic” would be the best suited theme!!!

now we wait for theme they have choosen

Nicodemus:

It’s about time for an Artisan’s contest anyway… here’s hoping it’s a good one this time

ryanamandaanna:

SoM sounds good to me; I have a Lammasu coming my way…

Kered:

How about things that can fly which would cover things like lammasu, gyrocopters, airships etc.

vulcanologist:

I second Kered… Fliers would be good!

Nicodemus:

Fliers (mechanical or otherwise) is a great idea.

Alternatively, a K’daai Destroyer would be a nice idea. Maybe sticking with a max base size of 50x50mm would help too.

Or… slave/slaves. maybe a single slave doing something slavey.

~N

tjub:

Both slaves or something that flies on max 50x50mm would be cool… :slight_smile:

Borador:

Slaves have already been done :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (check the gallery)

Thommy H:

Storm of Magic creatures would encompass so many of these ideas anyway.

Borador:

Yeah, I think storm of magic is the most “open” themed theme possible right now. You could make practically anything.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Peersonally, I think SoM fliers is good because it keeps it open, but also keeps it a little more focused - mega open competitions are kinda for the cornerstone competitions (E.G. GHX).

Nicodemus:

I’m willing to shift my vote toward SoM flier entirely :wink: It’s a good choice, although I haven’t a clue what I might possibly create :\

Thommy H:

Why just flier? Why not any of the SoM monsters? That would allow for Giants, Mammoths, etc.