[Archive] Golden Hat?

Obsidian:

just wondering when the next Golden Hat is and what it’ll be about? :smiley:

Xander:

I’ll be starting something up in June, stay tuned for an announcement. :slight_smile:

Time of Madness:

It has to be a Forge World release :wink: Best painted Forge World Chaos Dwarf maybe?

Time of Madness

Obsidian:

I hope not, not planning on buying anything!

G.2:

I hope not, not planning on buying anything!

Obsidian
I completely agree. I too am not buying any forgeworld stuff, but I would still like the chance to put an entry into the Golden Hat.

Thorne:

A forgeworld release would be a bit elitist and a bit insular as we have the likes of zanko nitro tjub and others who’s army theme don’t really fit the image that GW has of the new breed of CDs I’d like to embrace the new CDs but feel that it will be the be alls and end alls of chaos dwarves. Just my 2 cents anyhow.

Time of Madness:

I understand where you guys are coming from, but chaos dwarfs haven’t had anything released in years. It would be nice to run something with the new forge world models. You’d get to see lots of them painted. As of right now I haven’t seen many of the new models painted. Other then pyro’s hellsmith/infernal guard and one of the iron daemons.

Time of Madness

Thorne:

Oh I completely agree it would be nice to see some painted that said it would also be nice to see some of bagronors painted some more of Tjub’s work some of Zanko’s ect ect I think you get my point. I would like however to see something in the theme of the new fantasy forge theme releases making it more open, I think that would make more of a open but fun competition.

Thommy H:

I don’t think there’s ever been a Golden Hat before that required the purchase of a specific model. The themes have always been vague enough that you get everything from 4th/5th Edition models, conversions of modern figures, scratch builds and stuff from other manufacturers. Saying that you have to buy models from a certain range - especially expensive ones - would appear to go against the creative spirit of the enterprise, at least in my opinion.

Something themed around the WF models though - say, a unit (or rank) of Infernal Guard or an Iron Daemon - that doesn’t necessarily have to be the actual models, would be more in keeping with previous Golden Hats perhaps.

Obsidian:

That sounds better indeed, we can make our own interpretations!

furrie:

I don't think there's ever been a Golden Hat before that required the purchase of a specific model. The themes have always been vague enough that you get everything from 4th/5th Edition models, conversions of modern figures, scratch builds and stuff from other manufacturers. Saying that you have to buy models from a certain range - especially expensive ones - would appear to go against the creative spirit of the enterprise, at least in my opinion.

Something themed around the WF models though - say, a unit (or rank) of Infernal Guard or an Iron Daemon - that doesn't necessarily have to be the actual models, would be more in keeping with previous Golden Hats perhaps.

Thommy H
You've taken the words out of my mouth. Was about to suggest the same thing. They could even say hellsmith, even though most don't have the forge world mini, they can still make there own version.

clam:

If it was going to be a WF miniature it would be the most boring GH till day - IMO. The IG comes in two different poses and then a hell-smith?

@Thommy H
There has actually been one. The first one. In that comp you needed a BfSP dwarf and convert it into a CD - made sense back then, but cant see us do that again.

@ToM
I can understand your excitement, but WF don’t appeal to all here :wink: And I simply won’t believe that Staff will run a competition only supporting a specific miniature company, unless the came here sponsoring the event. But I could see us run a competition theme around the Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos - book/army list.

And back OT.
Like always, I’d like to see core unit entries - like Warriors - or an open category for CD allies on 40mm bases - max.

Thommy H:

There has actually been one. The first one. In that comp you needed a BfSP dwarf and convert it into a CD - made sense back then, but cant see us do that again.
Yeah, that did cross my mind as I was typing that, actually. There's a pretty big difference between a near-monopose plastic model you could (can?) get off eBay for less than a pound and WF's £3.60/model new release resin figures. The bottom line is that not everyone is going to buy the WF models (for whatever reason - taste, finances, etc.) but almost everyone could easily get hold of a BFSP figure.

clam:

Agree 110% :smiley:

The BfSP was such an obvious theme back then. With the BfSP there were a chance to create cheap Chaos Dwarfs and with some skills the could be turned into a CD - very much in line with the GH we know today. And lets face it BfSPs are probably the reason that we have CDO at all. Cant see WF have the same impact.

But if we do have a WF comp now - I vote for a MM90 next :wink:

furrie:

Then the one after that should be a 4th/5th edition one

Grimstonefire:

I think the one after that should be a troll forged minis evil dwarf (from me)! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

clam:

Think we’ll have to have a Titan Games one before that, after all he just had his 1 year anniversary :slight_smile:

Then the one after that should be a 4th/5th edition one

furrie
Every GH is a 4th/5th ed one :wink:

cornixt:

Don’t worry, there is no way we’d restrict it to only mail order models that cost a small fortune. We have a great idea though, so stay tuned!

Murdock129:

How about possibly doing a Warhammer Forge model or a conversion of one of the new models like a K’Daai, a unit of Infernal Guard, a Seige Giant, a Dreadquake or a Castellan? Just an idea

nitroglysarine:

I like the idea so doing another CD character one. That would leave it open to one of the new models from FW or if someone wanted to create a model that could be similar then all the better :wink: