[Archive] Good purchasing article

n10cd123:

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/CHAOS-DWARF-RIP-OFF_W0QQugidZ10000000001756336

Good article on where to find CDs, in case anyone hasn’t seen it.

Titanomachy:

Maybe we can convince GW to keep manufacturing them. I live in the states and heck, I might buy them from GWUK!

Edit: I check out Gwus and they have a full BC for 12. A unit of five is sixty dollars! Tempting but ouch!

Titan

hal:

It’s pretty good, I’ve seen it before, it’s mad how sometimes CDs that are still available go for higher prices on ebay.

Xander:

Thanks for posting this! Very Handy indeed.

Pyro Stick:

Whatever you do STAY AWAY FROM A SELLER CALLED ESSEX GIRL when buying on ebay. She is wrecking the hobby for people that collect CD. She buys everything and sells it for amazingly rip off prices

drow21:

i totaly agre pyro she does it to other rare figs too like the bsb from amyboes n things

Pyro Stick:

She sells about 5 bull centaurs for �80! How can you do that!! I really dont like her.

Hammerhand:

WOW! That article has just saved me an absolute arm and a leg!��Bull centaurs only �8 each! can get a full unit for half what essex girl is selling them for:mad. I’ve seen her about quite alot, she has quite and extensive CD collection in her ebay shop. Ive submitted some best offers at reasonable prices but I’m not holding out much hope, will let you know how this progresses.

Had a look on the Online store and I think I’ve found the starting point for my Golden Hat entry!

torn:

ive read this before.

there will always be unscrupulus ebay shop sellers (i think we have all come across the essex girl shop) and that the best way would be to bid on nonebay store items, proper 2nd hand stuff.

personally im happy just using conversions.

cornixt:

I wonder if she buys them direct from GW and sells them on, pretending that they are OOP or rare

Hammerhand:

I wonder if she buys them direct from GW and sells them on, pretending that they are OOP or rare

cornixt
No, Ive had her outbid me on a few things, you know, in the usual irritating last 5 seconds sort of way. I dare say if she knew she could get them direct, she would be selling an awful lot more of them

Traitor King:

Cheers for the article, It could be very usful if I even buy my CDs off ebay.

Most of the time, its just as easy to get off the online store and you know that you’re not being ripped off.

OR… Just convert them you lazy so-and-sos. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pyro Stick:

The online store doesnt sell all the models though. Ebay, at one time or another, does.

Traitor King:

Fair point, but with the unreliabilty and often high cost…:~

Pyro Stick:

Not everything is high cost. Most of the time it is cheaper than buying from GW unless it is bull centaurs. And most people on ebay are reliable. I have had very few problems and i have bought my whole army off of ebay from many different sellers.

Traitor King:

Hmmm, ok, maybe ill have a look into this, a unit of classic models would be quite cool…

I also notice, the article didnt mention warmachines. anybody know about these?

Pyro Stick:

Models like the Bolt Thrower and the Death Rocket can be bought for very cheap sometimes. I once forgot to bid on a Bolt Thrower and it ended up going for only �1!!! Death Rockets you could get for about �4 maybe. The Earthshaker is never easy to get. It always goes for quite a lot. At the least you could get one for �10. Some shops might sell it for �20. The Essex Girl obviously sells it for �30.

EDIT: Actually i was wrong. She sells it for �35. And the whirlwind for �50… Mine only cost me �13!!

torn:

a lot of the older models go for cheaper on ebay. i personally dont mind 2nd hand. i picked up a box of brand new thuderers for �13 including postage and no one else bid because 2 were partially glued together (and they came apart with ease anyway).

i got all of the old old space marine captains for �3 once, including a space wolf one which i sold back seperate on ebay and it ended up going for �3. I think you just have to see what is and isnt popular at the moment. i think CD’s are having a bit of a good period at the moment meaning prices are going up.

and for all we know we coud all be competing with each other bidding on things!

hal:

Whatever you do STAY AWAY FROM A SELLER CALLED ESSEX GIRL
I totally agree, she's very rude also. I tried asking her a question about prices once and I got a very offensive reply.

Hammerhand:

Guess What, Essex girl turned down my offer of �10 for a death rockit and my other offer of �7 for a CD champion. Both very reasonable I think. Death to Essex Girl! and her tennis partners! and her tennis partners dogs!:mad