[Archive] Great Taurus-The Body is Stable

Maul:

I have been waiting for so long to execute this project and the piece I was waiting for arrived today, the wings.

So I have three before pictures and have some below at the end of night one.

The Body

The Base

The Wings

The Plan is to have the bull rearing-up, not his natural posture, on a rocky base. I figured that the rider would just come naturally, so I presently do not have a plan for him. I figured I would mount a magnet in the rider and the Taurus so he can be removed if necessary.

End of Night 1

With the Taurus rearing-up, I had to remove a few legs and well adjust the angle that his junk hands (I am sure he was not happy about that). I did not like the horns it came from so I added dual horns. I have not sculpted anything yet, but am just getting him to line-up and hitting the pins with some green-stuff. Well have to see where the second night takes me.

Joshmohr:

I cant wait to see the finished project :Cheers

AllEvil:

The cow is massive - your Taurus is certainly going to look beefy.

Har Har Har.

Kera foehunter:

wow that is great !! I like the duel horns

lol it look like you made him a steer no wounder he the 5th picture he looks mad!!

cant wait to see more maul!!

Grotsnik:

where did you get the cow from and did you make the base yourself

Loki:

That is going to be one huge Taurus cant wait to see more pics

centauro enano:

:o Wow giant taurus, cant wait to see more pics .

Hazkar:

he´s pretty big.are you sure the dwarf wouldnt look to small?

Willmark:

Im wondering if the scale will be off?

warh:

this will be a Great Taurus:)

i think you need to put your lord on a throne

Merchant:

It seems cool already now, I cannot waite to see more of it :slight_smile:

Grimstonefire:

this will be a Great Taurus:)
i think you need to put your lord on a throne

warh
This is way too big for just one CD... You'd be better to do something like the GW chaos mammoth and have several in there.

AllEvil:

All these replies and nobody laughed at my awesome pun. :frowning:

Kera foehunter:

hey i did !! but a castrated bull is not a cow!! its a steer!!

GRNDL:

I think the scale is fine, but having a large saddle wouldn’t hurt. Lots of room for decorations, I think.

Maul:

Well night 2, I played D&D and just did not have time to work on it. Night three I worked on pinning again. We shall see if the green-stuff can hold the weight tonight. If it can, then I will get to start sculpting, if not additional bracing will have to be considered. That is one advantage to scratch building the whole thing, it you can sculpt it around a huge wire for easier mounting.

@Kera- he now intact again, a reverse castration, and yes the dangle is in the proper direction now:~

@ Hazkar, Willmark, it is pretty big, but I know that going in. Worst case scenario, it make end-up on a giant sized base. I agree with GRNDL, it will need a large saddle to be properly sized on top. I may take a night off to sketch some thoughts on the saddle set-up and rifle through my bits boxes.

@ All Evil, it was a good pun.

The bull is a Schleich Rodeo Bull, about $5 to $6, the wings are twice that.

ElEndro:

Its waaay too huge, and maybee the wings are a bit too small for the body, but i cant tell it because the pictures angle. The hugeness is not a big problem, at least it is frightening on the table.

I think you should make a throne thing on the top rather a saddle, it would look much better.

centauro enano:

Good job, I like the way it comes :cheers

Maul:

I am looking at more of a throne set-up on top. I have completed the first pass of my bits box.

two_heads_talking:

I like it, but you’ll need to beef up the shoulder/wing area…