[Archive] Grimstonefire Skaven Blog (pic heavy)

Grimstonefire:

Another update.

I painted almost all the slaves about a month ago, but I left the last few for some reason and I wanted to show the whole unit done. Well, done for now as I plan to add at least another 5, maybe 10, including a musician.

Poisoned wind mortar slightly converted to look more interesting.

warh:

Yay! more skavens!

This reminds me I should get back painting my skavens after the GH drummers ready

Joshmohr:

A fantastic army- Keep up the great work!

AGPO:

Wow, lovely work Grim, I’m always jalous of your talents

Fequiil:

Poisoned wind mortar slightly converted to look more interesting.

Grimstonefire
i think it's that well converted that i don't seem to be able to find it...x.x
so, what's the conversion?

Grimstonefire:

I changed the back barrel a bit with plastic tubes, took the globe off the base, and reduced the one the front guy is holding.

The original for comparison

Bolg:

great stuff!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

clam:

Both slaves and Wind Mortar looks great, awesome work GFS. Is that you ghouls based hobgoblin conversion I spot in there as well? (The skinny goblin-oids in the front row?)

Wonder when we see the first Wind Mortar conversions for CDs. Think it has potential for both Death Rockets and Bolt throwers.

Fequiil:

I changed the back barrel a bit with plastic tubes, took the globe off the base, and reduced the one the front guy is holding.

The original for comparison

Grimstonefire
aaahhh! now i see!
great conversion.:hat off

Grimstonefire:

Another small update.

Clanrats up to 33 painted, hopefully 35 in the next couple of days, including this guy.

He’s a test model I made for a Moulder themed clanrats army, but I figure that if I do start a second army (moulder heavy) it will be a long way off.

So I’ll paint him to fit into this army then repaint him with red cloth if I do ever get around to it.

[attachment=2427]

nitroglysarine:

rat centaur!! awesome idea!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Rat centaur looks pretty cool, but I’d recommend changing the hooves into rat’s claws and shaving off the Dwarfen symbols (or put scratches into them). Otherwise, looking good :wink:

AGPO:

Really good work (again). The centaur looks great, maybe you could start working in some elements from the other clans as you expand.

Baggronor:

Now that’s what Slaves should look like :cheers

Awesome stuff Grim, reminds me of how Andy Chambers’ army had that ‘grimy’ Skaven feel that the studio stuff lacked.

Are the Stormvermin due to be finished soon? The halberds look way cool.

Grimstonefire:

I’ve got 4 painted, another 2 that are half done, another 2 needing bases and 2 more unassembled.

I’ve got a few more skaven things to paint, but I’ll pick up a box soon and get them to 30.

Grimstonefire:

Small update here.

I have managed to pick up the rest of the IoB models, meaning that I now have about 30 clanrats, 2 rat ogres and about 4 other new skaven models to paint…

Plus I’ve gone and ordered the abomination and Ikit Claw (who I am planning on entering into golden daemon).

So a busy skaven year for me coming!

A warpfire thrower team ready for painting. The dwarf I actually made a couple of years ago (as my dwarf and skaven armies are themed to be fighting each other) but it looked out of place just standing in a unit.

Grimstonefire:

Another update.

First off my 8 giant rats.  It’s going to take me a while to get enough for a unit at this rate…  But I think it looks a lot nicer.  I really must try and get hold of some of the metal ones.

Next up one of my Plague Priests, with a rat ogre head! :sick  I needed a head to put on him and I found this in my bits box.  I painted the fur grey, so this is what happens if you eat too much warpstone! :smiley:

Lastly my WIP Doomwheel.  What’s that thing coming in through the wall, is it a monster!?

There is a fair bit more to do on the base.  One thing I need some feedback on is the Dwarf infront of the wall I’m going to sculpt.  Should he be leaning against the wall in a chair asleep (dungeon keeper 2 style) or should he be running away in panic?

Whilst I happen to be posting, I’m going to try and finish the Verminous Fiend model over the weekend as well.

Unzul:

ehy the dommwheel is ingenious… very nice and impressive!!!

nitroglysarine:

maybe falling from sat on top of the wall?

Thommy H:

Clearly he should just be waking up, turning around in surprise. He knows something’s up, but he’s not expecting a giant magitek hamster wheel to run him over.