[Archive] Group Buy 1 - All Gone - Packages being delivered

G.2:

Latest update: The item has been shipped from the ebay seller, and he has supplied me with a shipping number. So everything is processed smoothly.

zobo1942:

Excellent!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Shef:

awesome!

G.2:

Latest Update: My US friend, has now received possesion of a LARGE and HEAVY package…and I have just received an email that reads like this …

This is the biggest box of lead to ever come through my door!!! There is a ton of figures in here.  I will to print out a list and check them off one by one to ensure they are all here but from the sheer number it looks good.  There seems to be a couple of bent banner poles but no other obvious damage.  The packaging was adequate but not great… I will make sure they are done up right before I forward them on.

US friend

Nicodemus:

So jealous… I want to get getting a big box of metal models coming through my door!!! … oh wait… I will, very soon from my big Warhammer Quest group purchase :wink:

Latest Update: My US friend, has now received possesion of a LARGE and HEAVY package…and I have just received an email that reads like this …
This is the biggest box of lead to ever come through my door!!! There is a ton of figures in here.  I will to print out a list and check them off one by one to ensure they are all here but from the sheer number it looks good.  There seems to be a couple of bent banner poles but no other obvious damage.  The packaging was adequate but not great… I will make sure they are done up right before I forward them on.

US friend

G.2

zobo1942:

Oh, goody-goody! Christmas is coming early this year!!!

Shef:

man i am chomping at the bit! i can not wait to get my package

RTMaitreya:

man i am chomping at the bit! i can not wait to get my package

Shef
Heck yeah! This has been super smooth so far. Love it when a plan comes together.

hashuts lil helper:

So jealous... *I* want to get getting a big box of metal models coming through my door!!! ... oh wait... I will, very soon from my big Warhammer Quest group purchase ;)

Nicodemus
warhammer quest is plastic

RTMaitreya:

Latest Update: My US friend, has now received possesion of a LARGE and HEAVY package....and I have just received an email that reads like this

G.2
OMG, G2, I just looked at your standing small blog. You have the CLEANEST, most ORGANIZED work table I have EVER SEEN!! That's amazing. Truly inspiring, and jealous rage-inducing all at the same time.

I work out of plastic shoeboxes, which I have to put away after each session lest the wee one gets into it.

G.2:

Latest Update: I have just seen some close up photos of everyone’s order. A couple of them needed some minor tweaking (ie the Bull Centaurs and some Heroes/Champions/Lords) but otherwise it looks reasonably ok. The only issues are, there were 2 Metal Warriors missing (which effects my order), so only 43 (including full command) were sent, instead of 45 (including full command), and all the tails are missing from the wolves, which effects Shef’s order.

I have emailed the eBay seller to get clarification on these small discrepencies, but I am thinking it is somehing we will have to live with.

Our US friend is in the process of packing all the individual packages and once they are all ready to go, we can work out individual postage costs, based on the final postage location + packing material.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Shef:

glad to hear its 99.8% there. figured my wolves tails would be broken in shipping not out right missing. oh well. thanks for the update G2

Nicodemus:

So jealous... *I* want to get getting a big box of metal models coming through my door!!! ... oh wait... I will, very soon from my big Warhammer Quest group purchase ;)

Nicodemus
warhammer quest is plastic

hashuts lil helper
The basic game is. The expansions had plastic doorways like the core game, but all the expansion models were plastic. If you also consider models that you may need for the Roleplay Bestiary they could be plastic or metal. In fact, I'm getting *all* of the Dark Elf models needed for WHQ in a few weeks as well, and there isnt' a plastic one in the lot....

So in this case I do know what I'm talking about ;)

Shef:

any news G2?

G.2:

Sorry I haven’t updated this thread for a few days, with what is going on. This is the latest.

1. I have comunicated with the seller about the various descrepencies, and he was very apologetic about the whole thing. He did say he was going into hospital and would like to deal with this when he gets back home in a few days.

2. I will contacting everyone individually about confirming postal addresses, and I will be forwarding them onto the our US friend, so as to get postal costs. And then I will get back to everyone with get some more money for this final delivery.

G.2:

Today’s Update:

1. The eBay seller is out of hospital, and I am negotiating some sort of partial $ refund for the missing metal warriors and the wolf tails. This $ will not bet great, but at least it is something. It just proves not all the eBay sellers are trying to cheat us.

2. I have confirmed 6 out 7 postal addresses, and thus we now have 6 packages ready for postage. The 7th package will be ready soon. These packages will be posted within the next 24 hours. Here is the latest photo.

3. I will be contacting everyone very shortly for your postal money.

4. I think I will need to reveal our US friend, so he can be acknowledged for his hard work as the middle man doing all the hard work. I will need to check with him first.

zobo1942:

Horray! I am very excited about this - Christmas IS coming early this year!!!

Thank you Big Hat Santa and your Elf…er, I mean, G.2 and your mysterious american agent! :slight_smile:

Shef:

sweet great news. now to play the which one am i getting game. i’m thinking big white one, either way don’t tell me! i want to be suprised! who ever the mystery man is he’ll get rep from me for it!

EDIT: ok now looking at the shipping adresses i’m thinking brown one ontop of white one. kinda looks like my name

zobo1942:

I’m guessing my name is on the white one… (two big critters with wings, and the ravening hordes book).

G.2:

Ha ha ha…nice game everyone is playing. Unfortunately I will not be playing along, as I was the one who blurred the addresses in photoshop.

As regards to the msystery man in the middle of all this, the one known as “our US Friend” or “my US friend” can now be revealed…it is ‘Blue in VT’. I think he deserves a good old “congratulations” on his hard work.

I will keep people updated with the last stage.

BTW. Blue now has ALL the addresses now.