[Archive] GW actually doing something right?

Willmark:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/whiteDwarfLanding.jsp?articleCatId=1100004a&utm_source=nasissue53&utm_medium=email&utm_term=free-shipping&utm_content=textlinkbody&utm_campaign=NAS-Issue-53-Planetstrike

BilboBaggins:

It seems so, but they have a bunch of pdfs of Warhammer Chronicles that they could have put up in the first wave. I’ll wait and see if some fun things like the Halfling tank and the Amazon Serpent Princess shows up.

I guess I’ll be keeping tabs on it.

Kera foehunter:

The old join the gw group !! so you can get free down loads

lol there only letting you so they can track who down load sand see where they go

even if i get a chance the white dwarf never has anything good any more

GRNDL:

Its a shame that the only issues of White Dwarf I’m really interested in are #1-90, which I doubt (for legal reasons) GW would ever post.

snowblizz:

Its a shame that the only issues of White Dwarf I'm really interested in are #1-90, which I doubt (for legal reasons) GW would ever post.

GRNDL
I must say, that while the average WD sucks nowadays, there has been a lot of interesting articles over the years. They had a good run where I was always interested in what the next WD would contain.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I can’t see what the actual reference stuff to Planetstrike is. It simply takes me to a page that implies White Dwarf a bit…

Kera foehunter:

Well all the stuff in the white dwarf are mostly re rights

and even a young one like me can remember back to 300 addition

i have not bought any this year !!( or even look at them )when they got rid of the black gobo

Im done, with them and the 2 dollar price raise they can kiss my *censor

Willmark:

Its a shame that the only issues of White Dwarf I'm really interested in are #1-90, which I doubt (for legal reasons) GW would ever post.

GRNDL
Apparently there was a CD/DVD taht was produced by GW that had that very thing, it can be found on vultureBay from time to time.

cornixt:

They said about 5 years ago that were going to do that, the searchable WD database. They put up a few generic articles, none that had old rules in it, and didn’t ever add anything to the list.

wallacer:

There is a ton of Fantasy stuff that they could put up with very little effort, although I guess Planetstrike is nice for the 40k players (I assume it is some kind of 40k supplement).

Thorne:

i have not bought any this year !!( or even look at them )when they got rid of the black gobo
Im done, with them and the 2 dollar price raise they can kiss my ****censor***

Kera foehunter
Issue 300 *goes misty eyed* I recall putting my hand in my pocket for issue 99 of white dwarf. Those were the days *dreams off lost in a world of nostalga and lashing an lashings of ginger ale* Kera you mere whipper snapper. Now where did my zimmer frame and comfy slippers go ?

slev:

I remember around 2001, they re-vamped WD and made it a bit more old-school, with lots of optional gaming material, extended background and so on. All the old-schoolers thought it was great, and demand went right up.

Unfortunately, it pretty much forced GW to create and “annual” for each game with the proceeding year’s hobby materials inside, and it proved problematic.

I reackon they could go back to that with the existence of the intermewebs though.

two_heads_talking:

The last WD magazine I bought was in 2000, then I started working for GW and got mine free for the next 7 years (percs for working for GW) the day they released me, was the last WD magazine I picked up… that was nearly 3 years ago… I’ll be honest, the new magazine is very disappointing and very much full of crap.

dedwrekka:

I remember around 2001, they re-vamped WD and made it a bit more old-school, with lots of optional gaming material, extended background and so on. All the old-schoolers thought it was great, and demand went right up.

Unfortunately, it pretty much forced GW to create and "annual" for each game with the proceeding year's hobby materials inside, and it proved problematic.

I reackon they could go back to that with the existence of the intermewebs though.

slev
I'd love to see a return to Chapter Approved and Warhammer Chronicles. maybe bring back conversion guides, terrain building outside of kits, and tacticas for different kinds of armies.

Perturabo:

I miss decent White Dwarfs. I think the first issue I got was somewhere in the early 200’s. Unfortunately it went downhill not too long after that. Bring back Fat Bloke, says I!

dedwrekka:

I miss decent White Dwarfs. I think the first issue I got was somewhere in the early 200's. Unfortunately it went downhill not too long after that. Bring back Fat Bloke, says I!

Perturabo
And Andy Chambers, and Gav Thorpe! And Adrian Wood!

Kera foehunter:

Im done, with them and the 2 dollar price raise they can kiss my ****censor***

Kera foehunter
Issue 300 *goes misty eyed* I recall putting my hand in my pocket for issue 99 of white dwarf. Those were the days *dreams off lost in a world of nostalga and lashing an lashings of ginger ale* Kera you mere whipper snapper. Now where did my zimmer frame and comfy slippers go ?

Thorne
Kera waits till Thorne finishes his sweet storie Ahhhhhh !! Throne btw i'm over here your talking to a tree * kera waves here hand *

Willmark:

I say it all the time: White Dwarf, great production values, no soul.

The Brain:

The problem dates about a year or two back when the nuked the US White Dwarf team and changed to an add based content. I know this because my best friend for 20 years was one of the guys let go. They changed from a hobby magazine to an add magazine. The idea was to make it appeal from a news stand. The British executives thought that having a flashy cover with lots of adds would convince someone to pick it up off of a news stand and buy it, thus pulling them into the hobby. The only problem with this thought is that (no offence to the Brits) the British executives do not understand Americans. We do not buy alot of magazies from news stands. News stands and print in general is dying in the US. Most White Dwarfs were bought in hobby stores. So that kiddies is why he have a flashy souless magazine that has a much content as the side of a box of corn flakes. Just put it up to another bad GW buisness plan.

Kera foehunter:

I think they should bring back the Black Gobo.

That had the best of white dwarf