[Archive] GW CD army

zagor66:

When I went into my local GW shop I saw in one of those glass cases a classic CD army , I thought I was a bit mean as everybody saw but no-one could buy them , damn them!!:mad:mad:mad

AGPO:

Did you find out who owned them? A staffer at my local GW used big hats for a long time and they were in the cabinet - it renewed my interest in them as I’d forgotten they were still legal. Try and get who ever the army belongs to to join the forum. If the army is in the cabinet it raises publicity for Chaos Dwarfs, so don’t complain

zagor66:

But they werent for sale!!

AGPO:

So what? None of the armies in the cabinet are for sale, selling painted or second hand minis in a GW store is banned. You can still get most of the classic CDs off the online store or e-bay if you really want them

Willmark:

Use it for inspiration to build your army.

AGPO:

Just my point Wilmark - a good army is a cause for inspiration, not jealousy. If this gy has been lucky enough to get a big hat army good enough to go in the cabinet then good on him!

Canix:

@Zagor find out who it is and ask to take photos to post .I for one would be interested ,as its also in england that its being displayed :hat

zagor66:

Im just saying that it was a bit of a tease for begginers , I forgot to ask who the army belonged to but I dont think it was part of the staffs but donated for show purposes.:cheers:hat:o:hat off

Pyro Stick:

How big was this army?

Obviously it wasnt for sale. if all the cabinet armies were for sale then there wouldnt be any armies to display! They would get sold so fast!

zagor66:

At least a 2000pt army.:hat off

Kera foehunter:

Why dont you go back and say your a C.D. inspector and you have to see if they are conterfit. this may takes a few years to see if they are real

Hammerhand:

How big was this army?

Obviously it wasnt for sale. if all the cabinet armies were for sale then there wouldnt be any armies to display! They would get sold so fast!

Pyro Stick
Not in any of the GWs I've been to recently, the standard just seems to be going downhill where everybody elses is going up!

Canix:

I remember a great Eldar army with superb Harlequins in Chester GW ,there’s an expensive trip there �80 on quins still to be finished:rolleyes:

I do think its great to see peoples well painted stuff ,should inspire it does for me:D

Hammerhand:

I remember a��great Eldar army with superb Harlequins in Chester GW ,there's an expensive trip there �80 on quins still to be finished:rolleyes:
I do think its great to see peoples well painted stuff ,should inspire it does for me:D

Canix
I love looking at other peoples minis, but some of the GWs I've been to recently display figures that look like they've been painted because they have to rather than because they want to. I suppose it is hard though if you do have to paint an army you have no interest in. I find it difficult enough to complete an army I love!

cornixt:

If you are lucky (and know the management well enough to find out) they will sell the store armies to you when they are no longer required. One of my mates got half a dwarf army when the newer models came out, although most of it ended up in his bits box.

AGPO:

Yeah, but most end up with staff members or the bottom of store cupboards. Stores are happy to give away gaming boards though, often to beginers.

zagor66:

Yeah, but most end up with staff members or the bottom of store cupboards. Stores are happy to give away gaming boards though, often to beginers.

AGPO
Do they?Must ask but its a bit impolite"I want a gaming board please".

AGPO:

Normally only when they are getting rid of them. E.g. When they decided to build a new LotR board for RotK they gave away their Two Towers one to a local gaming club - saved them throwing it out

zagor66:

Oh , dont GW give away posters they dont need if you ask…[or rumour?].

Tallhat:

I bought a nice painted Empire army from my store. Its not a GW store but ratehr one of the elite stores that work closely with GW. Ive done a lot of free work for them so I got it with a big discount.

- Tallhat