[Archive] GW CD army

Tallhat:

Warhammer world is the only reason for me to go there :wink:

- Tallhat

Hammerhand:

Has no-one mentioned the chick to dude ratio is about 4:1 in Nottingham? you could also see the castle (well, big house on top of a hill) and britains first pub. And if you know where to go, you avoid the shooty uppy areas and have an awesome night on the town.

Warhammer world, I suppose is worth a visit, but then it was my local GW at one point so I guess I never really thought of it as anything but a really big and well decorated store with itā€™s own bar.

LOL @ AGPO, York is in the wrong county!!! Lancastrian by any chance? The yorkshire lot harp on about winning the war, but all I know is that the head of the house of york usurped his illigitemate brother from the throne (the head of the house of Lancaster), had him executed and became King Richard the 3rd, which in turn became rhyming slang for pooh.

Tallhat:

It has its own bar??!! :open_mouth:

- Tallhat

Willmark:

War of Roses great stuff. Really should be considered Englands 1st Civil War if it isnā€™t alreadyā€¦

Hammerhand:

It has its own bar??!! :O

- Tallhat

Tallhat
Yep, Bugmans. And they do pub(ish) grub too! Never really spent much time there though, It was just a pop in, buy my stuff & leave sort of thing. Cool that you could order anything from the back catalogue, and if they had none ready, they would just run off another cast (although you had to wait for ages). Games tables are quite simply awesome too.

Hammerhand:

War of Roses great stuff. Really should be considered Englands 1st Civil War if it isn't already...

Willmark
Brownie point for WM! *1 Slave*

Pyro Stick:

- Tallhat

Tallhat
Yep, Bugmans. And they do pub(ish) grub too! Never really spent much time there though, It was just a pop in, buy my stuff & leave sort of thing. Cool that you could order anything from the back catalogue, and if they had none ready, they would just run off another cast (although you had to wait for ages). Games tables are quite simply awesome too.

Hammerhand
It also sells the limited edition bugman. The one thats standing on the barrels.

Tallhat:

By the great Hat of Hashut! I need to go there!

- Tallhat

Willmark:

A few years back WD had an article showing of bugmans. Canā€™t get any better, play warhammer and knock back a pint or two. Better yet buy 5 or 6 pints for your opponnent before you playā€¦

WarplockMonkey:

I love york, i have been going there since i was about 3 years old

Even now, it has been 11 years, i still get lost!

But im in a bit of a predicament, i was born in lancashire, but was raised in yorkshire, i dont know who to root for!

I also enjoy going to warhammer world!

I went recently, and they have on display a beautifully painted example of every army eavy metal has ever painted, all the models from white dwarf are there

And they have an enitre big hat army!

I could have drooled :stuck_out_tongue:

And you can get great advice as well, i got some sculpting tips from the guy called George Dellapina,who did the feral orks in white dwarf UK a few years ago, my sculpting improved from that point on!

Uzkul Werit:

Their Big Hat army is tiny. We have 5th Edition to thank for that.

I havenā€™t been there for years now but from what Iā€™ve been told, Bugmanā€™s Beer is awful.

Tallhat:

Do they have their own beer even???

- Tallhat

Kera foehunter:

my have there own rum nothing like parting with pirates

Tallhat:

my have there own rum nothing like parting with pirates

Kera foehunter
Me no hablo Kera?

- Tallhat

minty:

- Tallhat

Tallhat
haha, Bugmans, it beer slightly famous for actualy having an alright tatse

Hammerhand:

But im in a bit of a predicament, i was born in lancashire, but was raised in yorkshire, i dont know who to root for!

WarplockMonkey
It's simple really, just root for northerners rather than the soft southern shandy drinking poofs! ;)

WarplockMonkey:

It's simple really, just root for northerners rather than the soft southern shandy drinking poofs!
Aye! Ill drink to that!:cheers

zagor66:

A bit off subject there , by the way Bugman rocks![wellā€¦?].

zagor66:

Why dont you go back and say your a C.D. inspector and you have to see if they are conterfit. this may takes a few years to see if they areļæ½ļæ½real

Kera foehunter
Um....I dont think so , but um...thanks anyway.:o

Tallhat:

Zagor your not even old enough to drink :slight_smile:

- Tallhat