[Archive] Halfling Empire Blog

bas_2312:

Hi guys!

I started to work on my Empire army again, but I’m lacking motivation, so I thought it would be a smart idea to start a painting blog.

But it’s not going to be a standard Empire army, that would be too easy. It’s an army from the Moot. So lots and lots of Halflings! YAY! When the army’s finished I should have painted about 200 of the little guys!

The army is not going to be a game winner, but it should look cool on the tabletop!

It should look a little like this:

Hopfully I’ll be working on this army a little this week, and I’ll try to keep this blog up to date :slight_smile:

nitroglysarine:

Any cook pots? - or are they the mortars - can’t quite make them out.

Blue in VT:

Very nice…I have an empire component to my “other” army and would love tot add some halflings. Are those all GW sculpts or are you using some of the nice new ones from battle forge?

Get back to the painting table!! I want updates!

(just trying to help with the motivation)

:hat off

Blue

bas_2312:

Every model is GW, but some of them are very old…

The models that I use as Greatswords are from 1984, so they’re even older than me! ;o

Bolg:

Start painting! I wanna see pictures (ands I want to face it on the battlefield!)

Shakhorth:

Whoohoo Halflings for the win! :hat off

Paint it up, can’t wait to see more of your very nice collection.

Clinkz:

that is a very nice collection you have there, lots to paint too :slight_smile: good stuff! :hat off

Hazkar:

uuhh…like what i see there

tons of cool old minis…awesome,awesome,awesome!

bas_2312:

RIIIIIIIIIIIISE!

It’s time to resurrect this thread, since I have started work on my Halflings again.

12 February I’m entering a 750 pts tournament with this army, so I have some painted to do.

The list I want to use is:

Battle Wizard (General)

Captain (BSB )

50 Free Company

19 Great Swords

Mortar

So far I’ve finished 30 Free Company, the Wizard, the Mortar and 10 Greatswords… And I hope I can finish painting the rest in time.

I’ll put up some pics tomorrow once I’ve bought some batteries for my camera :slight_smile:

bas_2312:

Ok, so the armylist wasn’t that interesting. Hope you guys like the pics enough to leave some comments! :slight_smile:

I tried to make some of individual Halflings, but those didn’t turn out right, so for now I just have pics of the entire units to show.

First, a 50 men strong Free Company horde. All uniques models in this unit, no duplicates! :smiley: Still WIP of course.

And my WIP Greatsword unit.

Unzul:

very funny models… the horde is very characteristic, it’ unique

bas_2312:

It’s been hard work, but I finished the 750 pts army in time for the tournament!

50 Free Company, 20 Greatswords, a Captain BSB, a wizard and a Mortar with customized template ;p

I just have to finish the banners, but I don’t want to rush them so I’ll finish them after the tournament.

AGPO:

Wow, this army is incredible! I love the minis you’ve used for the greatswords too. How long did it take you to track down all those classics.

Bolg:

Wow you actually finished the army on time! thats some sweet production skill!!

How did the tournament go?

bas_2312:

Wow you actually finished the army on time! thats some sweet production skill!!

How did the tournament go?

Bolg
It was pretty fun.. finished third.
First game I got to play against Skaven. 28 Stormvermin with a Ratling Gun, 50 Skaven Slaves, some Globadiers and a Warplightning Cannon. He managed to kill my BSB and half of the Greatswords unit, and I wiped out his army. Crushing victory for me.
Second game played again another Empire army. He fielded 40 Halberdeers who stood still next to a Hellvolley gun, and a unit of 10 Outriders. Not really a fun game for me, since I had to walk forward and got shot to pieces. When I finally got to the Halberdeers I managed to break them, and overrun in his Hellvolley. But the next turn he actually hid the fleeing unit with his general behind his arm so I forgot to charge it. So -100 sportmanship for him, but since it was a recruit-tournament and was more about playing games than winning actual prices I didn't feel like making an effort to whine about it..
Final game vs. Dwarfs. 10 xbowmen, 10 Handgunners, Cannon and 25 Hammerers. I finished off most of his army except 2 Hammerers, and I only had my Greatswords left.

Final assesment of the day. 50 Free Company + Lore of Beast signature spell (+1S, +1T) is awesome! Mortar can cause a lot of pain.. when it actually manages to hit which it didn't all day... :/

And now some good news. With a few touchups on a couple old Archers I painted some time ago, and finishing the freehands on the banners, I can field 1000 points of sweet painted Halfling fun!

Moltan:

WOW I rely like the idea of this army It looks cool, How do you do ya bases. Make-paint ect as they look nice from the pic’s

Bassman:

An Halflings army? That’s way too cool :smiley:

bas_2312:

Update! :smiley:

Halflings have their own Steam Tank of course, but the standard version is waaaaaay too big for these cute little fellows. So they have their own model:

nitroglysarine:

He’s going to have high insurance premiums :smiley:

bas_2312:

And another little update, a unit of Huntsmen with a skirmish movementtray: