[Archive] Halfling Empire Blog

nitroglysarine:

broken image for me. - ahh now I see it.

Golder Goldeater:

bas_2312
I was hoping for sth more... giant tea pot shaped stuff. But this is awesome as well! Congratulations!:hat off

bas_2312:

Thanks! :smiley:

I’ve been working on this army some more, and I really need your help! For my Flaggelant unit I want to use these models:

Angry housewives! I have 6 of each of those models, but it would be boring to have so many duplicates in the unit. So do you guys have any genious ideas how to convert these Halflings?

And finally I have a little army picture of what I have finished so far:

Moltan:

Could try head-swaping or giving them big spoons rollinpins ect, the one with the cask of wine (if you are up to the task lol) could be cut away or turned into holding washed cloths or something like that, maybe even holding a pig or sheep on her shoulder.

ya could get some male halflings and turn them into housewifes too.

on a funny idea give them all plucked-chickens for weapons lol

bas_2312:

Thanks for the ideas! :smiley:

Because I don’t want to start working on my Flaggelants yet, I’ve been rethinking my colourscheme. The army is very dark because I just a lot of dark, natural colours, and that’s why I miss the contrast to make the army an eyecatcher. I’m thinking of adding some blue to my units to make them pop a little more. I tried to show what I mean with Photoshop. What do you guys think? Is the blue too much, or does it make the model a little more interesting?

Hashut’s Blessing:

I think that the blue does help, but it also could be a little darker if you didn’t want it to be too bright.

I think that hacving so much of the dark green is the real problem, rather than not having enough brightness. A replacement to the green on the sleeves is certainly good, but could remain equally dark to keep the realistic nature of the colourscheme.

Regardless, looks excellent!

Bolg:

an extra color might be a good idea. but that blue is most defiantly not the right color. there is som red in our army already, try the army red en highlight a bit brighter. or maybe shadow gray with white. always word well with dark colors.

Bassman:

I do agree with Bolg and Hashut’s… this blue is a no.

I would second Bolg, try a brighter red. Green and red work really well together. You can also warm up the greens… yes it will be less realistic but will attract the eye better.

bas_2312:

Yeah, the blue on the Photoshop image is a little bit too bright. I was thinking about a more greyish blue like on the Wizard and Free Company champion.

To me it seems that the green is neutral enough to add a little more color, and red doesn’t really work. It’s still too dark…

bas_2312:

A little update. I’ve haven’t been working on the Flaggelants, but I have finished a Warrior Priest. So I made a crappy picture…

And I have another question. I still have to think of a design for the shields in my army, but I’m not really inspired… Would this be too cheesy?

Moltan:

What about a chicken drum-stick with a bite out of it lol

or put fish on the shields like mordheim ones

tjub:

IMO the knife and fork would look great for the sheilds! Maybe even unit specific designs?

Bolg:

not to cheesy! go for it! oh and love the warrior priest!

Loki:

Great looking army has such character :slight_smile: i knife and fork i think is a must it goes with every thing that the halflings stand for :slight_smile:

furrie:

I like tjub’s idea to use a diffrent design for each unit. Moltan already gave to alternatives for it.

Bassman:

Each regiment shall have its own heraldry.

Why do not add a fishbone? :slight_smile:

vulcanologist:

Great idea for the shields!

bas_2312:

I think I will paint a few different design on the shield. Chickens, fish bones, forks etc. The Greatswords will all get the knife and fork design because they’re more organised.

But work on the Halflings has halted once again, because I’ve been distracted by something else…

nitroglysarine:

Not to cheesy at all, In fact perfectly in keeping with the feel of the halflings.

bas_2312:

So I’ve started working on my Halflings once again. But for now I don’t have any progress pictures. Instead, a pic from todays battle vs. Bolg. Some very cute Halflings getting eaten by Big Uns and Bull Centaurs :’(