[Archive] Hashnahet's Immortals (Update: 7-19-2010!)

dedwrekka:

This is for the re-beginnings of my army of Hashnahet and his West Gate Immortals, an army I’ve picked up and worked on every so often, but have yet to complete.

I’ll begin with Hashnahet O’Dohmnail, a name I came up with for the Nemesis Crown Campaign which I played part of with almost entirely unpainted and un-converted BfSP models to test it out.

This was one of my first attempts at a full sculpt and happened to be my first take of Hashnahet:

This is my current, in progress version of Hashnahet, he’ll be riding a great Taurus when I finish.

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

wallacer:

I like it a lot. The hat is there, but not over the top.

The older one is good too, although I can’t quite make out what the green bits are just below the base of the big horns. An extension of the helmet?

dedwrekka:

I like it a lot. The hat is there, but not over the top.
The older one is good too, although I can't quite make out what the green bits are just below the base of the big horns. An extension of the helmet?

wallacer
I've got a larger picture of the older Hashnahet:

It is an extension of the helmet (though I didn't do too well smoothing the transition).

I wanted to point out a couple of inspirations for my new Hashnahet model.
The hat is based off of a cross between the Ironbreaker hats and GRNDL's conversion

The weapons is a cross between two weapons I found searching through the WAR concept art.
http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/conceptart/CncArt0907_25.jpg
http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/conceptart/0607_CAt_02.jpg

theimmortal:

i like the uber hammer

Kera foehunter:

i love the icon in his beard and the mask

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Very cool. Love the axe!

Swissdictator:

How did you make the staff Hashnahet is holding? That looks pretty cool!

I like the work done to change his hat too.

Grimstonefire:

I think you should carefully cut the head out and resit it forwards so it hangs over the beard.  

Looking at it I think that’s what doesn’t look right to me, his head is too far back in relation to his chest.  I think you should also slice the bottom of each bit of beard so it’s flat.  Do this with a sharp knife or it will probably pull off.

What is the top of that weapon made from?  Looks a little like a massive flaming hammer?

You did a good job on the conversion of ol’ tin head. :)  I’m surprised more people don’t use that model for a lord/ hero really.

dedwrekka:

Thanks for the replies everyone!

How did you make the staff Hashnahet is holding? That looks pretty cool!

I like the work done to change his hat too.

swissdictator
I think you should carefully cut the head out and resit it forwards so it hangs over the beard.  

Looking at it I think that’s what doesn’t look right to me, his head is too far back in relation to his chest.  I think you should also slice the bottom of each bit of beard so it’s flat.  Do this with a sharp knife or it will probably pull off.

What is the top of that weapon made from?  Looks a little like a massive flaming hammer?

You did a good job on the conversion of ol’ tin head. :)  I’m surprised more people don’t use that model for a lord/ hero really.

Grimstonefire
Well, with the mix of replies here I’ll detail the two weapons, the new one and the old one:

The new one (Axe/halberd weapon)

I took the axe head off, but kept the shaft. Added the blade of the weapon to that, and used brownstuff (Kneadatite brown/white) over the shaft. Once that was sufficiently dry I extended the sections up into the weapon to make the design, then added the brazers to the back of it (made from plasticard tubing, brownstuff, and greenstuffed flames)

The old one (Uber-hammer)

I greenstuffed over the top of a plasticard rod, and added a mace head made from two dwarf musician horns (it was either that or it was a standard topper).

Liam the Marxist:

Inspirational dedwrekka! really is, especially for a noob like me!

Pyro Stick:

Really cool looking stuff you are making here. Cnat wait to see what else you’ve got in store. Thats really good for a first sculpt imo.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Like the metal version! Really SHARP!

Zanko:

I really like your newer one, I will be glad to see him on the Taurus! :o

:hashut

dedwrekka:

Lord Archaon:

Wow? Are you making another triple-barreled hellcanon? It looks were promising. The skull turned out great.

Grimstonefire:

Looks like you could fire whole slaves from that beast! The barrells look the size of a paint pot. This should be impressive.

dedwrekka:

Wow? Are you making another triple-barreled hellcanon? It looks were promising. The skull turned out great.

Lord Archaon
I got inspired by Xander's GH8 WAR conversion, but wanted to try for something a bit more personalized. I'm going to extend the mouth out a bit wider to get across that the barrels are sticking out of a gigantic demonic maw.
Looks like you could fire whole slaves from that beast!  The barrells look the size of a paint pot.  This should be impressive.

Grimstonefire
Thanks, the tubes are the tubes I get my greenstuff in from GF9. It'll be a little big, but I've never seen a Hellcannon up close and personal, so don't have anything to really base the scale off of. Though, from the Hellcannon pictures I can guess that each barrel of my tri-barreled Fellcannon will be roughly the size of a normal hellcannon barrel.

Kera foehunter:

Now that going to be cool !! i can’t wait to see more!!

dedwrekka:

Alright, I was looking through my bitz boxes and came across some warmachine parts and models that struck me immediately with an idea.

I found these models in various states of disassembly.

And I looked at the Warcaster and thought…

Of course, this guy is getting a different treatment all together, but I’m keeping that in my hat(;)) for the moment.

wallacer:

That is some very high quality greenstuffing there. I love the skull on the gun thingy.