[Archive] Have just received my 8th edition rules, has any one else got theirs yet?

Loki:

I have just this min got my collectors edition rule book for the new 8th edition from the post man, it is certainly worth the money that I paid for it, the leather is top quality as well and the parchment pages and the metal hammer of sigmar and the clasp are very well done, i was just wondering has any one else received their pre orders yet?

snowblizz:

Pre-orders?

The regular delivery of rulebooks came in yesterday to my LGS.

I’m holding out for the starter set though. I’m not going to buy and expensive book, let alone the “collectible” version to have it scrapped in 4 years.

zobo1942:

I might go pick it up this weekend - unfortunately, the one gaming store in the town where I live has stopped stocking GW products, so I need to drive for more than an hour to another city to pick it up. However, I may order it online and wait a week or two for it to arrive.

I will buy it, though. I’m really looking forward to reading it!

Swissdictator:

Sounds like my FLGS got their shipment in and I can pick my copy up. Heading out now.

Now to only hope they release the FAQS Friday morning GMT, which makes it much earlier for me! Customer Support did confirm it would be Friday morning at least.

zobo1942:

You got confirmation that Friday morning is going to be the release day for the FAQs? That’s great!

Da Crusha:

ehh, the gameshop owner said yesterday “look what came in today” and it was the rulebook. “I promptly replied can I have it” since I already paid for it. Then he said I have to wait :mad

Swissdictator:

Also, for those with books or getting them soon…

Page 426 mentions Chaos Dwarfs a few times! I might have missed some references, but I found one so far. Heck it is all about a CD tower built by a renegade.

Also p. 455, 468

Nazhur:

I will get mine tomorrow. Only one day more waiting! Then the whole night will got to read that big thing :wink:

Loki:

@ snowblizz yes i pre ordered mine, did not think i would get it till the release date though

@ Da Crusha Bad times mate, never good having to wait when something you want is so close

@ Swissdictator good find on the CD reference i will look forward to reading those pages :slight_smile:

Neil:

Mine arrived yesterday. So far I’ve only managed to read to page 32, but I’m certainly looking forward reading the rest of it over the weekend

Swissdictator:

I won’t post any quotes, but the above pages I mentioned mention a “Hothgar” who is (or was) a renegade sorcerer a lot through out the CD references.

My suspicion is if they did redo CD, than he might be a special character of some sort.

Still, nice to see a Doom Engine and some rules for it.

Da Crusha:

I won't post any quotes, but the above pages I mentioned mention a "Hothgar" who is (or was) a renegade sorcerer a lot through out the CD references.

My suspicion is if they did redo CD, than he might be a special character of some sort.

Swissdictator
you cant say that! Im getting too excited now!

dedwrekka:

I got mine today, though I’ve had ready access to one for a long while now.

Kered:

I got mine yesterday afternoon.

Patrikson:

I haven’t got mine yet :frowning:

Since the hobby shop lost their rent  the guy had to get all the stuff out and put it in his garage and even though they still sell stuff i don’t know when they are open or not and the other warhammer seller is toyworld and it hasn’t got much stuff and the old fart who runs the place is a prick.

:frowning:

Shakhorth:

Going to pick mine up today. Luckly I pre-ordered so I can be in and out of the shop in no time. :slight_smile:

Da Crusha:

I got it today! havent opened it yet but I got it!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Mine arrived yesterday! :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to read through all of this. Artwork and design look awesome already.

vulcanologist:

Just picked mine up… They weren’t jokin bout it’s size were they! Away home now to devour it… Well if I get the chance with a 2year old and a newborn baby in the house!

Swissdictator:

Hehehehe I got mine on Thursday! ducks