[Archive] Hod finally paints his Chaos Dwarfs - Purple Tutorial Pg. 8, Face Tutorial Pg. 9

Pappa Midnight:

Excellent work. You have real eye for colour and your application is brilliant. I especially like the armour and hat.

Look forward to seeing more.

Regards

PM

TheHoodedMan:

Excellent paint job :cheers.

Slavemaster Hod:

Got a picture of the next two up in the pipeline. Getting close to finishing the base layer of my Blue Scheme CDs.

To change up the bases, I’ve added a empire head at the third guy’s feet. Because everyone loves severed heads.

Admiral:

Yay for severed heads! The red scheme Chaos Dwarf is beautiful.

Slavemaster Hod:

Here’s the base coat (and one layer of blue) done of my Blue CD Clan. I’m having a hard time finding the right color of blue. I feel like the right blue is a Babylonian blue.

Zanko:

Awesome paintjob! :o

I’m a little bit jealous about your skills! :wink:

I’m eager to see a whole army painted in this quality! :cheers

:hashut

Helblindi:

They both look great! I like the blue one best, I have a weakness for blue and orange

Slavemaster Hod:

They both look great! I like the blue one best, I have a weakness for blue and orange

Helblindi
The orange will turn into gold on this mini. But if you like Blue and Orange, you should check out my Chicago Bears themed army: the Space Boars. It's a 40K Space Wolves army done completely in Rackham Dwarfs.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/showthread.php?50764

Darkmeer:

Hod, those are great. I really like how you’ve painted them to look like different clans, something I’m doing (although using different company lines to do it), and your brush work is phenomenal.

The “space boars” army over on CMoN’s forum are really good, too. Not at all what I expected to see. Good work!

Forgefire:

Just looked trough your “good” dwarves. Really awesome army and brilliant paint scheme just like these cds. I like that you wont have the same scheme on everyone. Keep up the good work!

Slavemaster Hod:

As happens with me. I got sidetracked. I was looking through images of Babalyonian art to get some inspiration for my blue scheme and I saw the below image:

It gave me an idea for my Bull Centaurs. The idea festered for a few days and then today, I couldn’t take it anymore and primed up a Bull Centaur to give my idea a go. So far it’s just a base coat for the bricks and mortar, but laying down the outline for the bricks was the hard part and I like how it turned out, so I think this might just work.

Malorndk:

That is well painted but really weird. I’m not sure I like it

Enjoysrandom:

I love this!

Truely great stuff exactly what I want to do with my army.

Keep it up mate!

Slavemaster Hod:

That is well painted but really weird. I'm not sure I like it

Malorndk
It's definitely not normal. It could come out looking bad, and I'm not set on doing all my Bull Centaurs this way, but I thought it was worth a try. The idea was the whole CD Sorcerers turning to stone, but instead of stone, he's turning to brick.

Slavemaster Hod:

Got a picture of my 2nd Axe and first CD in Blue. I still have all of the gold and silver, as well as the final highlights across it all, but beyond that, I am pleased with how the blue turned out. It’s a tad too greyish/blue, but I will continue to refine the color until I get the great Babylonian cobalt blue I want.

Loidrial:

I kinda hate you. your painting style is superb. great work here again.

Helblindi:

But if you like Blue and Orange, you should check out my Chicago Bears themed army: the Space Boars. It's a 40K Space Wolves army done completely in Rackham Dwarfs.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/showthread.php?50764

Slavemaster Hod
They look great! Already saw a few of those on this thread.

Btw I wouldn't go with the blue brick skin centaur, but I can understand you had to give it a try :)

tjub:

That is well painted but really weird. I'm not sure I like it

Malorndk
Jupp, my words exactly... :)

Slavemaster Hod:

I’m going to have to work hard on this blue tile and make it come out looking good, to silence all the naysayers. I am actually almost done with it and hope to get some pictures soon. We’ll see what everyone thinks. I am liking how it is turning out, but I think it will take painting the rest of the mini for the tile to fully ‘pop.’ I’m planning on doing the rest of the mini in red and gold, which should really compliment the blue.

Fuggit Khan:

Slavemaster Hod
Very interesting...with your painting skills you may actually pull it off. A different concept to be sure, and a lovely shade of blue. Blue is one of my favorite colors (although I use it sparingly in my army), and it's always nice to see such rich vibrant colors.
Have you considered just painting the centaurs bodies blue (without brick patterns)?
Or perhaps sculpt green stuff 'brick patterns' on their armor? Brick pattern Big Hat?
These are just suggestions...so far I'm of the opinion that you will manage to make it work!
:hat off