[Archive] How did we miss this?

AGPO:

Ancre:

Lol, they’re universal chaos then ? Or are they affiliated to one of the specific gods ?

dedwrekka:

I’ve always been a supporter of Zenu, if only because it pisses the Scientologists off.

I like how they’re trying to associate the poorly written science fiction with Christianity now… I feel an Anonymous attack coming on.
Ah yes, the perfect plan, merging a recent past of violence and bigotry with a medieval past violence and bigotry.

Grimstonefire:

I think we should be careful handling this one, it is a religion after all, and there may be someone on here following that.

Keep it civil and friendly everyone. :slight_smile:

GRNDL:

Keep in mind that there are loyal devotees to Chaos (Chaoists, Chaos magicians, Chaos neo-pagans, etc) in real life and their outlook on things don’t exactly go hand in hand with GW Chaos either, but they use a version of the Chaosphere (8 pt star) to represent their affiliation.

dedwrekka:

I think we should be careful handling this one, it is a religion after all, and there may be someone on here following that.

Keep it civil and friendly everyone. :)

Grimstonefire
I had a long secular rant built up and written, but I'll leave it aside for now. They play civil, I'll do it to.

But just wait, they have a nasty and constant habit of suing anyone with what they consider defamation (ie. jokes) about Scientology.
Keep in mind that there are loyal devotees to Chaos (Chaoists, Chaos magicians, Chaos neo-pagans, etc) in real life and their outlook on things don't exactly go hand in hand with GW Chaos either, but they use a version of the Chaosphere (8 pt star) to represent their affiliation.

GRNDL
Those guys don't have teams of lawyers (I guess they're diametrically opposed to them), or Movie Stars willing to move up the chain by leaning on people.

BilboBaggins:

Well there has been reports of people opposed to them dying mysteriously. Why else would the group Anonymous wear Guy Fawkes masks during their demonstrations.

dedwrekka:

Well there has been reports of people opposed to them dying mysteriously. Why else would the group Anonymous wear Guy Fawkes masks during their demonstrations.

BilboBaggins
"Fair Game"
"Dead Agenting"
"Operation Snow White"
"Operation Freakout"

BilboBaggins:

BilboBaggins
"Fair Game"
"Dead Agenting"
"Operation Snow White"
"Operation Freakout"

dedwrekka
I read about all of them. I think the Site Operation Clambake had all of the stories.

slev:

Points to consider here:

1. In the UK at least, they are legally not a religion.

2. Their “religion” includes several claims which can be scientifically disproved, which are hence not religious claims.

3. The run their “religion” as a business. No other legitimate faith on earth does that as a mainstream activity.

4. They seem to react poorly to structured criticism and logical analysis. Not just a few extremists, like in other faiths, but the whole lot.

Loki:

Interesting :~

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Khunag:

Not just a few extremists, like in other faiths, but the whole lot.
Need i remind about the reaction of the muslim world to the muhammad cartoons?

Grimstonefire:

I know it’s probably not related specifically to the OP, but I believe the chaos star was based on a runic symbol for luck.  Could be chinese?

Anyway, given as how they have used other non religious symbols for a lot of things I am guessing this was not the inspiration (not that I know about when that all started).

Not that I am arguing, but this:

2. Their “religion” includes several claims which can be scientifically disproved, which are hence not religious claims.
I thought most religious claims from all religions were scientifically disproved or disputed?

I’ll watch this thread carefully, if anyone is insulted by it send me a pm.

Khunag:

I thought most religious claims from all religions were scientifically disproved or disputed?
You can put it that way, but here we're talking for example things like the belief that breast milk is bad for your baby and you should use Ron Hubbard's formula instead, which makes kids sick and doesn't provide them with necessary nutrition. It just gets dangerous at this point.

BilboBaggins:

Scientology started as a business called Dianetic Centers. L. Ron Hubbard changed it to a religion to get out of paying taxes.

Only religion that was started by a Science Fiction writer, based on his book Dianetics. A book that originally had parts published in a magazine of science fiction and fantasy.

Scientology is a business, they use their meters (that many claim don’t work) to convince people that they need to follow their path to betterment. Unfortunately this usually seems to wipe out peoples bank accounts.

The famous are treated differently that the normal people to get them in.

Sea Org (a pseudo-military part of Scientology) has a sign-up that says they recruit is a member for 1,000,000,000 years.

Punishment of members for supposed wrong doings (reports of one girl being punished for being friendly with L. Ron’s son) is harsh.

There are numerous reports that during the sessions with the meters the religion collects information against members that they later use as blackmail material against them if they think of leaving.

There is a group of followers that left Scientology and started their own off-shoot that is hated by the Scientoloists because they follow the teachings but don’t take the peoples money.

For a religion that is totally against Psychology and Psychotropic drugs why did their founder have those drugs in his system when he died?

Scientoloists most hated site on the Web, Operation Clambake. Personally I believe that you should know all about any path you wish to follow.

dedwrekka:

Personally, I understand why some people don’t react strongly against Scientology. Almost every religion has had it’s odd or terrifying moments. This isn’t quite like that. This isn’t people taking the message and running rampant with it even against it’s founder’s beliefs, it’s Hubbard coming out with policies at the birth of the religion that are destructive to people not even a part of the religion. It’d be like the Buddha, or Moses, or Lao Tzu saying “If someone makes fun of our religion, you have free reign to do anything you want to them, even kill them”.

azraelezekiel:

Points to consider here:

slev
Same goes for The Jedi.
If they are an affiliation iwth Chaos, I would be pissed if I were Tom Cruise, his chaos gift is shortness LOL.

Zanko:

I think we should be careful handling this one, it is a religion after all ...

Grimstonefire
Sorry Grimstone that´s not right, at least here in Germany!

Here Scientology is not a religion! They don´t have the status of a "real" church, they are "only" a cult!

Nothing more to say ...

:hashut

dedwrekka:

Points to consider here:

slev
Same goes for The Jedi.
If they are an affiliation iwth Chaos, I would be pissed if I were Tom Cruise, his chaos gift is shortness LOL.

azraelezekiel
Of course, Scientology is the Dark Side of the force!

Kera foehunter:

lol i think gw better watch out for using somebody copy rights!!