[Archive] How do you browse CDO? - Thanks! Now I need your suggestions!

Xander:

I am trying to figure out how people go about browsing CDO.  Do you browse the forum sections and look for pages near the top?  Or do you use the “View New Posts / View Today’s Posts” links at the top of the page?  Maybe you use RSS feeds to keep tabs on CDO?

Let me know!  I want to try an make browsing CDO even easier.  I am working on some things to help this, and need your input!

Shakhorth:

I mainly use the View new posts/View Today’s posts. Unless I really need to find a specific topic then I’ll search via the section.

Willmark:

RSS that way I’m able to see new threads at a glance.

Blue in VT:

Haha…I don’t even know what RSS is!!! So I use “view new posts” when I show up for the day.

Cheers…keep up the good work!

Blue

Tarrakk Blackhand:

New posts first, followed by seeing if anyone replied to my last post, then I look for specific things, like Tactics, Conversions, etc.

Nicodemus:

How do you browse CDO?

Xander
Naked, sporting only a beard and a smile. Much the way NAMBLA operates I would imagine... *shudder*
Haha...I don't even know what RSS is!!!

Blue in VT
I pretty much have to say ditto to this one. I looked it up after this thread was posted. I can understand what it does, but it's not important enough to me... maybe I don't know what I'm missing.

Thommy H:

I just look at what forums have new posts and I go in and look at the threads. Is there another way to do it? :o

zobo1942:

I use the ‘view new posts’ to see current topics, use the ‘search’ to find something specific, and visit the specific topic categories if I’m bored and looking to be entertained (read: I’m not looking for anything specific, just ‘window shopping’).

Zanko:

I just look at what forums have new posts and I go in and look at the threads. Is there another way to do it? :o

Thommy H
That's exactly the way I do it! :D

:hashut

warh:

I mainly use the View new posts/View Today's posts. Unless I really need to find a specific topic then I'll search via the section.

Shakhorth
I do exactly the same:P

nitroglysarine:

I mainly use the View new posts/View Today's posts. Unless I really need to find a specific topic then I'll search via the section.

Shakhorth

warh
yup.

Baggronor:

View Today’s Posts. Generally I only ever see the main page and today’s posts lol.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I only use View NEW Posts, unless I take too long to return to the search page, then I use View TODAY’S Posts to check if I missed any. If I am looking for something specific, I use the search function.

Fallen246:

If a section I read has new posts, I’ll read it.

If a section I don’t read has new posts and the sections I do read don’t, I’ll read the sections with new posts.

GRNDL:

I have a slave read them out for me. I have no idea, nor do I care, what it does to read them. I thought that’s how all Dawi Zharr did it?

Obsidian:

View new posts and Posts today mostly.

Alfract:

wheres it’s blue… i read. ( only one that i want) and then later in the day, when there not many new posts, view new posts options

dedwrekka:

Thommy H
The same pretty much.

If there's nothing new that pops up then I go into various forums and look for something cool that I either missed or forgot about.

Ancient History:

Every week or so I drop by to see if I owe Willmark a column and ban/delete all the spammers on the wiki.

Bassman:

Shakhorth

warh
quote :)