[Archive] How long have you been GW gaming?

Clinkz:

for me it has been on and off for almost 8 years :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Since 1989 here.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Alan the evil:

I started on 1997ā€¦ always warhammer and for a short time mordheim.

I had armies of:

orc and goblin

chaos

undead

wood elves

dogs of war

empire

lizardmen

and obviusly CHAOS DWARFS (since 1999)!!!

Murdock129:

Iā€™ve been with Games Workshop for about eight years, in that time Iā€™ve had:

Space Marines

Chaos Space Marines

Tau and Kroot

Space Orks

Imperial Guard

Eldar

Orcs and Goblins

Ogre Kingdoms

Warriors of Chaos

Beastmen

Empire

Dwarfs

Lizardmen

Tomb Kings

And of course Chaos Dwarfs

Bolg:

I'm not sure when I started with Heroquest and Space Crusade, but a few years later I got the 4th ed Warhammer box set just after it came out.

cornixt
Ha I startend with Hero Quest too. spoke some kids on the boat to Londen once, and they suggested that I should check out a "Gamesworkshop". In the hotel I checked the yellow pages found the one in The Plaza walked in the next day and Wow, I never saw so many cool miniatures together. I've been hooked ever since.

And always had a soft spot for 3dr ed miniatures (:

dncswlf:

Heroquest! Heck yeah, Iā€™ve been thinking of taking that out for my kids (Already played Talisman with them)! I started a role playing club in middle schoolā€¦ but my first citadel minis were for Adeptus Titanicus, I had some Space Marines and Eldarā€¦ then that turned into ā€œEPICā€ or whateverā€¦ so yup, around 89 or so is when I first started real gaming I supposeā€¦ I can prolly go back even further if you count those cardboard tile games from avalon hillā€¦ good timesā€¦

If we donā€™t count HeroQuest (which would have been 1989), then it wasnā€™t really until 2002 or 2003 when I got my first copy of Warhammer Quest.  All down hill from there.

Nicodemus

Fallen246:

If we are counting HeroQuest, Iā€™m gonna have to say I started when I was five then.

My brother and three of his friends would play it some weekends, and because none of them wanted to use the Barbarian, they let me use him.

Moltan:

Iv been a player of wargames from 1978-ish I am very old, as I have an Issue 1WD so around 32years of wargameingā€¦ I feel old lol

nitroglysarine:

Wow youā€™ve been gaming longer than iā€™ve been alive!

Baggronor:

Wow you've been gaming longer than i've been alive!
Dude, us old people are sensitive, don't say things like that! :)

Da Crusha:

whoa I forgot all about heroquest. well then, Ive been doing GW games for aboutā€¦ 16 years. I remember getting a small folded up ad in the box that featured the 3rd edition of warhammer, and also epic. when I imagined epic though I thought they were playing battles the size of my living room. of course later on I realized the models were tiny.

Fallen246:

Baggronor
But at the same time, for all we know Nitro could be a ridiculously intelligent three year old with a love for wargaming, thereby making us all people who have played Warhammer for longer than his lifespan?

nitroglysarine:

Baggronor
But at the same time, for all we know Nitro could be a ridiculously intelligent three year old with a love for wargaming, thereby making us all people who have played Warhammer for longer than his lifespan?

Fallen246
My secret is out! :D
Also my 4 yr old son is clearly a freak of physics ;)

Fallen246:

Baggronor

Fallen246
My secret is out! :D
Also my 4 yr old son is clearly a freak of physics ;)

nitroglysarine
Must be something awesome in your genetics :P

dncswlf:

I just had my parents dig heroquest out of deep storage out at their houseā€¦ going to indoctrinate my children lol! (theyā€™ve already played Heroscape, Talisman, Star Wars Miniatures Battles and a watered down warhammer - got to start them off right!)

slev:

THose who are interested in HeroQuest should probably take a look at the bottom of my sig.

That was my ā€œinā€ to minis gaming, I was already a (very young and very inexperienced) gamer though.

Bolg:

When I first started playing heroquest I really liked it but after a game of say 20+ it became obvious there were to few rules. Me and my friends first started adding new extra rules. 10 jears later when we re discovered the game we wrote a complete skill table for all the characters (including the halfling cook). we should probably have started playing D&D or something similarā€¦

So yes Slev, I will have a look at your Revised Edition (:

Da Crusha:

I remember my first game of hero quest. I was too eager and set up the entire map, it took a long time. then I started reading the rules and realized I was supposed to set it up as we go, so I told my friend not to look at it as I quickly cleared it.

dncswlf:

Revised rules?Ā Ā additional characters?Ā Ā Iā€™m in!Ā Ā 

Here I took a photo of one area of shelving in my gaming room:Ā Ā you can see Heroquest, Battlemasters, Tyranid Attack, Space Hulk, Man O War, and Lots of Warhammerā€¦Ā Ā the random boxes are full of Ogres, Dwarves, Goblins, Beastmen, and Star Wars Miniatures Battles (West End Games- NOT Wizards of the Coast) Figures.

Thommy H:

Yes, but where do you keep your blue buttons?