[Archive] How many people expect O&G to remain part of the list?

Grimstonefire:

An interesting point from another forum is that CD fans would be really annoyed if O&G were dropped from the list.  My feeling is that most of us would not be bothered, am I right? Remember of course that they wouldn’t just leave holes in the list, they would be building a whole new list after all! :wink:

Hobgoblins are not included in this, only orcs black orcs and goblins.

This is a mutiple choice poll, so vote for all the things you think will be dropped.

Kera foehunter:

well i think the big ums and black orc should stay!! but the lesser orc and goblin would be to weak to fight also they have a great chance to run away in battle

clam:

Don’t think we will see other races mixed with a new list- so i voted no O&G allied

Grimstonefire:

@Clam and Kera

I’ve added more options, if you wanted to vote for these and you can’t just let me know and I will edit in a vote for you.

Kera foehunter:

i don’t need to!!thanks for asking grims

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I would say…

Keep Black Orcs and give us Goregrimm (OR whatever the Black Orc learer’s name is) and Ogres as DOW rare units.

According to the fluff from the Goblin and Ogre Kingdom’s books, these two units are all that’s really needed. The’re the ones that the CD’s are in constant contact with.

Having Goblins and Hobgoblins in the same army is somewhat redundant as the Goblins are a little less powerful than Hobgoblins and with the Hobgoblin Archers, is there a need for Ogre Arrer Boys. And with Black Orcs, do we need Ogre Big 'un’s?

Swissdictator:

I see Hobgoblins staying. They are to tied in to the army.

Regular Goblins will be be dropped, for sure. Regular Orcs probably as well… or limited to how many slavemaster characters you might take. Black Orcs I will see being available… if only a 0-1 option… or something similar to the slavemaster I mentioned (if regular Orcs are not in it).

Zanko:

IMO Hobgoblins, Black Orks and normal Orks should stay, the possibility to get DoW would be nice but is not essential!

What GW will do (if there would be a new CD book) … who knows???

I can suggest many variants what GW can change … I can only hope that CDs would be as different as possible from normal Dwarfs!!! :wink:

:hashut

SteveM:

I’d just as soon have a 100% CD army book that doesn’t require also carrying around one or more other army books.  But I do think that it would be nice to still have O&G units but tailored to the CD fluff.  For example, a unit of cheap goblin slaves that you are allowed to fire blunderbusses into when they are in close combat.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I'd just as soon have a 100% CD army book that doesn't require also carrying around one or more other army books.

SteveM
It would be nice if they just printed the modified Black Ork rules as a single page in the new CD book. Remeber that BO can't have any of the magical stuff when CD's "own" them. Also throw in a slightly modified Grimgore so as to have him still act as the leader of the Black Orcs, but be in subjection to the CD's.

Ogres should also have a limit to only Bulls and have that page in the book as wel....much like they do with the giant - Chaos, Orks and Ogres all have the giant, but the giants are slightly modified for each army.

Swissdictator:

I'd just as soon have a 100% CD army book that doesn't require also carrying around one or more other army books.  But I do think that it would be nice to still have O&G units but tailored to the CD fluff.  For example, a unit of cheap goblin slaves that you are allowed to fire blunderbusses into when they are in close combat.

SteveM
Perhaps a special rule for all slave units, such as "Expendable"? I'd love to see that rule for Hobgoblins as well.

Should Hobgoblins fear Elves like other Goblinoids often do?

Hobgob Wolf Riders as a separate unit allowing 5+, as opposed to the current 10+, is a must! Even if they lose fast cavalry when taking shield AND light armor now.

Canix:

I reckon black orcs will be dropped but goblins and orcs will be there with hobgoblins if you take a slaver hero ,Depends where they go with the rules as i think we may be in a seige supplement style release for WH :hat

CDblunderbuss:

I do hope they’ll still be around, but when looking at the CD army list I have it would seem unnecessary to have ordinary goblins around if there are hobgoblins, who are better and cheaper (in the list I have anyway). I hope Black Orcs still get to be around though.

wallacer:

Depends on where the CD army book is in the CD timeline. If it is post Black Orc rebellion (which I assume it would be) then I don’t see how BOs could be in there.

Since GW seems to hate cross pollination of army books I doubt if we will have any greenskins except for Hobgoblins.

Taedae:

i think goblins will be dropped. i almost want to say black orcs will be a minimun also.

CDblunderbuss:

Depends on where the CD army book is in the CD timeline.  If it is post Black Orc rebellion (which I assume it would be) then I don't see how BOs could be in there.
Since GW seems to hate cross pollination of army books I doubt if we will have any greenskins except for Hobgoblins.
True, I don't think CD's would risk creating another batch of BO's when the first ones almost beat the crap out of them (many thanks to sneaky hobgoblins that it didn't happen).

Willmark:

I don’t see why they can’t be. The whole idea is that there are not that many chaos dwarfs, so they had to use other races to fill out there forces.

Perturabo:

I would expect them to either drop all the greenskin units, or drop Goblins and Orcs but keep Black Orcs. I’d like to see BLorcs at least remain in the list.

It often seems, in threads dealing with greenskin slaves, that people think they’ll be dropped because GW want entirely self-contained armies. If they are kept, I doubt it would be in a “see warhammer armies: Orcs and Goblins” kind of way. The unit entries would be written in full in the CD book.

Pyro Stick:

I think Black Orcs and Hobgoblins will be kept in the list but thats it. I think the rules for using Black Orcs in a chaos dwarf army will be a lot different than those for using them in an O&G army. i would like to see different black orc models with different armour and weapons also.

Willmark:

I would expect them to either drop all the greenskin units, or drop Goblins and Orcs but keep Black Orcs. I'd like to see BLorcs at least remain in the list.

It often seems, in threads dealing with greenskin slaves, that people think they'll be dropped because GW want entirely self-contained armies. If they are kept, I doubt it would be in a "see warhammer armies: Orcs and Goblins" kind of way. The unit entries would be written in full in the CD book.

Perturabo
There is not reason why certain O&G units couldn't be adapted or written, in short I agree.