[Archive] How to equip Bull Centaurs

cornixt:

theres no way it could possibly masturbate... no wonder they are so ill tempered... :hat off

metro_gnome
I've seen a horse masturbate, and they don't have any hands at all (there's a lot of swinging involved:sick)

Khaosbeardling:

It's really 3 str 4 attacks vs 2 str 5 attacks that strike last.

As the Bull Centaurs now count as cavalry, it is generally accepted that they get the +1 armour save for being "mounted". So a shield & HA will give you +3 save vs missles all the time and in HTH if you only use a hand weapon.

Father Grumpmas
Woah, woah, woah, woah. . .woah. . .

When did they become counted as calvalry. I haven't heard about this! Could someone explain this lil' tidbit to me. Thanks.

metro_gnome:

oh my… well the short answer is “7th ed”…
and a quick search of this site shows no explantion on this site anywhere…

so i’ll post the long answer here… as briefly as i can…
BCs are “cavalry” as they are:“four-legged creatures… that have 1 wound on their profile and are mounted on a cavalry base” (p.7)…
and therefore “a mounted model (cavalry, and models riding monsters or chariots)” (p.55)…
they do not get the +1 cavalry armor save because they are cavalry models “consisting of a single creature” (p.30)…

Now the recent US GT FAQ has arbitrarily labeled them “infantry”…
but has made it clear that it is for use in their tournaments only…
leading me to believe that the dvelopers wish to distance themselves from the GT organizers ruling…

personally i perfer a centigor style ruling where they use HWs like models on foot and other weapons like cav models…
it is the most amicable solution IMHO…

Perturabo:

Using the Centigor rules makes the most sense, as they are largely the same. It would probably be simpler to just count them as infantry, but the weapon bonuses would give them an unfair advantage over other cavalry.

metro_gnome:

I've seen a horse masturbate, and they don't have any hands at all (there's a lot of swinging involved:sick)

cornixt
swinging baby yeah! [/austin powers]
oh you have... have you?
those sites are a little pricy for me... :sick

<---- im wondering if in honour of my 250th post i could get a custom title...
"Master Bator" seems appropriate...
or maybe i could frenchify it "Master de Bator"...
tho its subtlty could seem a horrific accident...

hmmm... maybe i should hold a poll :hat off

Hashut’s Blessing:

Hold a poll on the custom title of Master Bator? So many things wrong with such a statement. (Why not Mass Debater?)

But, back on topic, I generally don’t take BCs, but would probably give them… Heavy armour. That’s about it…

metro_gnome:

Hold a poll on the custom title of Master Bator? So many things wrong with such a statement.

Hashut's Blessing
so maybe if you just gave me the title i wouldn't have to hold my poll :hat off
pretty please... if you did i would even sig this:
hmmm... maybe i should hold a poll
on topic blessing... by that you mean keep the great weapons?
they come for free but you could swap them for additional hws if you wanted to...

Hashut’s Blessing:

Yeah, but since I’m a lazy sod and don’t even have the core yet, I don’t know how I’d use them, if I did. it’s just theory hammer for me. Give them what they’re armed with visually…

(With the sig, include the hold the poll for Master bator instead…)

[EDIT: As a mod, I can’t. only admins can…]

Khaosbeardling:

Generally I’ve armed my BCs to the teeth, giving them heavy armor, shields, and heavy weapons. I like to have them ready for anything, plus I like charging them straight at my opponents missle troops and see him run screaming. . . It’s pretty fun.

One time I charged my BCs into my friend’s dwarf organ gun, but lucklily he rolled a misfire, we decided a squirrel got stuck in one of the barrels. His crew still doesn’t check for squirrels, much to my relief.

w3rm:

Great weapons are they way to go :stuck_out_tongue: it gives em 6 str always give them heavy armour :P:P:P