[Archive] Immortal look

Malificant:

the movement rate is the only thing that gets me, because if anything dwarf slayers should be faster than chunkilly armored chaos dwarf immortals.

Willmark:

Off topic: I’ve seen parts of 300 but never the whole thing. While the battle scenes are co they seem a bit over the top. I’d much rather watch LoTR for example.

Back on topic: if I ever get around to them, as stated I’m using 6th edition long beards as my basis mainly due to the long beards.

WarplockMonkey:

Wilmark! The corny, larger than life comiclike fighting scenes are THE only reason why people watch it!

Exept for kera, she also likes to see ripped men in leather speedos winks at kera mockingly

:smiley:

Willmark:

From reading the wiki it seems obvious as to what the Immortals should have:

- Long beards (curled or not per ones creed)

- Long curved axes, (obviously great weapons).

- Granite and stone worked into the model somehow in the shoulder pad regions.

- Helmed

Kera foehunter:

What sad about 300 is there no navy seens .where the spartin kicked major ass on the persian navy. and not letting them get out flank the 3oo spartains. even after the 300 die the spartion navy won the sea battle and then all athens went after the persian …wooo hooo everyone loves the pirates

They had !/2 naked men in the movie . i never watch it for that!!!Kera laughs.

Willmark:

I’m actually starting to get some ideas together for these. Based on the speed I’m doing my army at. So it looks like those fluffy but no current units might be added to my army this year. Jugger, immortals, kollosus… :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

ignores the devolvement of the off-topicness to sexual preferences So, what are your plans like then? You could just use them as warriors with GWs for now :smiley: Simple answer. However, I do think of their armour as being akin to the Ironbreakers, but the shoulder pads being granite. Great axes and smaller than average hand axes. Shields on their back is a plasuibility to fend off even more shooting (mostly because I think shields can look cool on heavily armoured warriors). Beards covered by a sheet of leather and then chainmail (not ringmail) maybe, but the usual 4th ed. beard for me. Just my preference. However, my avatar is about as close as I got to making the head Immortal look as I wish. Just want the confidence to paint granite, then I’ll make it better. The axe design is for him only, I’d use a design I can’t explain, but if I remember to will get an image for and describe from there.

Willmark:

The ideas I’m formulating revolve around them are as follows: they will most likely be based on either metal longbeards or metal ironbreakers. I’m leaning more towards the longbeards route because to me the should be ancient, grizzled warriors.

Definately axes. However, ironbreakers might be easier to convert…

The thing that will trip me up is that they have granite worked into their armor, not sure yet how I’ll model that just yet.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Paint the shoulder plates as granite. Simple answer.

Willmark:

True, but maybe not the best one. It seems from the fluff that the granite worked into their armor should be impressive, perhaps its on the shoulders but massive slabs. Maybe something akin to the shoulder guards of Samauri?!

Based on some inspiration from Ishkur’s concept art I think I have a great addition to this unit now. Don’t want to let the “cat out if the bag” as it were, but I will definately reference this thread in my blog.

Now I just have to decide on long beards or iron breakers as the basis…

EDIT: There is an edit button and double-posting is bad. It’s to the bottom right of your posts. ~ Hashut’s Blessing

metro_gnome:

just to annoy willmark…

I’d say they should look like the bomb throwing guyz from 300…

Chainmail beards is so sexy…

Rakmial:

Where do you guys find your fluff for chaos dwarves? I’d like to read more about them. I hesitate to just make Immortals the CD version of Longbeards or Ironbreakers, just because it would be nice to create MORE diversion from them. I think it would be cool if they were pretty lightly armored and thus could move faster, and then had regenerate or something to represent how hard they are to kill. A good CD flank unit thats not a greenskin!

Willmark:

Ah there’s the Metro_gnome we know and love, welcome back.

Rakmail- its in the Wiki which is currently inaccessable since the restoration of the site. Info on Immortals can be found in the book “Grudge-Bearer”.

The references to 300 are due to the fact that Gav lifted the name from

the historical unit from ancient Persia. Throw in the fact that apparenty everyone here loved the movie and bam, calls that CD should be lightly armored and fast moving ala the movie. Of course this flies in the face of the book (the sold source of the Immortals as pertains to CDs AFAICR).

And oh yeah, welcome to the site.

dedwrekka:

What sad about 300 is there no navy seens .where the spartin kicked major ass on the persian navy. and not letting them get out flank the 3oo spartains. even after the 300 die the spartion navy won the sea battle and then all athens went after the persian ..wooo hooo everyone loves the pirates
They had !/2 naked men in the movie . i never watch it for that!!!!Kera laughs.

Kera foehunter
Actually it was the Athenian Navy that protected the sea flanks, the navy was led by the man responsible for the entire defense (he even went to Sparta and was the one to ask for the king's help).

But enough of that.

Theory_Man:

Throwing my opinion into the hat of ideas,

IMHO, Immortals should be grenadiers, because even though there is no fluff from any Warhammer novel or its not based off of the movie 300, Immortals being grenadiers would be freaking sweet.

It would also explain why some CDs would have tall hats.

Willmark:

No if any thing the Immortals should be depicted as the are in Grudgebearer which is apparently their sole appearance in the warhammer fluff.

metro_gnome:

well they could still be heavily armoured with chainmail beards…
sexier than a leather speedo…

Theory_Man:

No if any thing the Immortals should be depicted as the are in Grudgebearer which is apparently their sole appearance in the warhammer fluff.

Willmark
Come on willmark, grenadiers + chaos Dwarfs = awesome.

Willmark:

I’m not saying they are not cool sounding, I just don’t see them as the Immortals.

Kera foehunter:

i like your thinking metro gnome. i just use dwarf iron breaker with cool chaos dwarf beards