[Archive] Imperial Bastion as a Chaos Dwarf Tower?

Xander:

This piece of 40k Scenery might easily be adapted for Chaos Dwarfs.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1310001&prodId=prod20008a

EDIT: Chaos Version c/o Clam

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1350001&prodId=prod30001a

Your thoughts?

GRNDL:

I think the Chaos Bastion would be a step closer… All those pointy bits…

tjub:

Hmm… I must say that this is a great idea, I think that I just might have to consider this. :slight_smile:

Bassman:

I think the shape could be really Chaos Dwarfish but really need to be customized. Being square it’s also really easy to be scratch built, saving some money…

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Needs more chaos parts! :smiley:

clam:

Hmmm!

If so - here you are :smiley:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1350001&prodId=prod30001a

Xander:

Hehe, didn’t know their was a Chaos One. That’s a better choice, obviously. :smiley:

GRNDL:

Needz moar skullz!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Canix:

The chaos one is ridiculously priced ,so your best bet is to get the Bastion and pimp it out CD style .:hat

Grimstonefire:

The laser gun thing ontop would make a decent death rocket or even a hellcannon with conversion. So for £17.60 you get a cool piece of terrain plus the start of a cool warmachine. Quite a good deal.

Thorne:

I think I woudl have to try to change one into a squat land train muhahahaha

GRNDL:

The chaos one is ridiculously priced ,so your best bet is to get the Bastion and pimp it out CD style .:hat

Canix
Yeah, who'd have thought that the Chaos Tank sprue is really worth $24?? LoL

snowblizz:

Canix
Yeah, who'd have thought that the Chaos Tank sprue is really worth $24?? LoL

GRNDL
It is not "the" Chaos tank sprue. It is two Chaos "Spiky Bitz" sprues... I know they call 'em tank sprues but still. But at what I find is 5£ each they are a bit steep IMHO. Holy Hashut! They want £6 each from the bitz range. Now 2 of those for £6 would have been great, but that's just patently ridiculous. Another niche for 3rd party sculptors...

Grimstonefire:

Thorne
Stick two of these together, work some massive tracks in there somewhere = pure squat awesomeness! It would look like a moving castle.

Swissdictator:

Isn’t there a song called Death Train? Might be appropriate.

Though that is pretty freaking cool. I have enough bits I could probably make the SM into Chaos… especially if I nurglefied it.

Hazkar:

nice idea

saw that model and thought"looks cool,but nothing i could use…"

but now i have to think about it again…

@thorne:go for it,that baby would look awesome,bring back the squats!!!

dedwrekka:

Isn't there a song called Death Train? Might be appropriate.

Though that is pretty freaking cool. I have enough bits I could probably make the SM into Chaos... especially if I nurglefied it.

Swissdictator
Murder Train, Crazy Train... havn't heard Death Train

ourse for a Chaos Dwarf bastion it'd need to be fantasy-ized. IE, less obvious Sci-fi and straight, perfect edges, more stonework, gargoyles, ect.

Baggronor:

With some cunning additions, that could look awesome :slight_smile:

Maybe some skeletons in gibbets, chaosy/bulls head ornamentation or channels with molten metal running down them :slight_smile:

tjub:

Thorne
When Im "done" with CD atleast 2000pts or so I plan to go over my squats again, they need new bases and deserve to get a few things repainted. But the plan is to add a Kolossus, Ill make sure to show them of here sometime. But do please show us photos if you start something crazy! :)

wallacer:

Interesting idea, although it doesn’t really look very mesopotamian to me…