[Archive] Inferno Golems ideas

nitroglysarine:

nitro: http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_5902
this is actually where I first found them and then I looked at the toys R us website and found them cheaper there so Im just going to walk in and buy them...

Da Crusha
Sweet, i'm going to toys-r-us for me i mean the kids for chirstmas.
after a quick look on the toy-r-us site, i'm failing to find them, i cant find them under 'hellboy' or 'golden army' where are they hidden?

Da Crusha:

I just typed in hellboy at the toys r us website

Toysrus.com, The Official Toys”R”Us Site - Toys, Games, & More

I went there today actually and unfortunately they didnt have any in stock, Ill probably be ordering mine online…

Zanko:

What about these guys? :~

They are not very expensive, the only problem is that I don’t know their “real” size!

They are from RAFM, here is the link: RAFM

:hashut

Da Crusha:

all im seeing is red x’s. if your talking about the terminator looking ones I think they look a little too simple.

I just found this one that could make a really cool inferno golem expensive though

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat180001&prodId=prod1090153&rootCatGameStyle=

maybe too big for a 40mm base now that I think about it.

Zanko:

@ Da Crusha: Certainly you are right that the RAFM minis are quite simple! They are only a suggestion no perfect alternative! :wink:

But for my sense Inferno Golems are not so huge as the GW minis!

And the other aspect is the price 30Euro vs 10 Dollars … IMO this is worth considering!

PS: I see the pics no red XXX!?!?! But if you use the link you can see them properly! :stuck_out_tongue:

:hashut

Da Crusha:

weird about the pics even if I click show picture I get a red X only… its something with my new computer…

well, anyway after all of that big talk about buying the hellboy toys I took advantage of a good sale and my local hobby shop and got my first ork nob in mega armor to convert.

nitroglysarine:

a-ha!

they are only on the us site. none in the uk :frowning:

kerbak:

I always felt that warcraft has a minitaures taht could work very well as inferno golems, i dont remeber the name, but where this chaos golems that appears in a meteorite, i think they called infernal…

below a few pictures of this guys and other idea for golem

Hell boy golems are a very good idea too, i think I will do somthing based on that

Da Crusha:

those are really nice pictures, do you have any pics of the model?

Snotling:

the last one of them is pretty cool. just another face on the chest and he would be a perfect CD golem.

i think, there are many ways to make a golem. you can make big robots, made of Warjacks (oh yeah, they ARE expensive, but if you just need one, it’s okay), you can convert the ork mega armours (i saw one of them long time ago, made by a Deamon-winner, but I forgot everything, the name of the forum, the artist and the mini… but it looked awesome! it was half daemonic, half mechanic) or you just scratchbuild some. this is what i will do, when I need Irongut-mercenarys ^^

you can also make some scrap golem, you know, an animated pile of metal stuff. this could look pretty cool, too.

on the other hand, when you want inferno golem, just get some stone golems and add flames, maybe also lava. there are thousands of stone golem minis, for example from reaper. and they are not that epensive. stone golems could be made of putty or cork, too, shouldn’t be that difficult. Or make living obsidian statues, yay!

:hat off

Border Reiver:

I had a thought when scanning ebay a couple of days ago - Squat Hearthguard in exo armour.

clam:

I had tha same idea (sort of) - think I’ll be using my Chaos Sqauts in exo-armour.

Gavan Sing:

Excellent idea, question is how to find enough at a reasonable price.

Warlord Zharhak

Alfract:

Anyone done any recent conversions with inferno Golems?

gorgarrak:

i have a wip, made of stones! this will be fixed together with green stuff to be about the same size as a troll and braced together with plasticard strops as an exo skeleton, add a old ork killa kan power plant, the stone head fron bfsp and a big hat and you have yourself an inferno golem.

paint in gloss black for obsidian with lava detail in the joins (think balrog) and its done

Grimstonefire:

Anyone thinking of using the new Killa Kans?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300134&prodId=prod630021a

They would take some work, but there are lots of bits to play around with and they look more steampunkish than some of the warmachine things imo.

Looking at the bits I think if you left the front panel off and stuck a CD in there, added some extra exhaust pipes…  Maybe starting to look a little more fantasy? A good model for an Astragoth/ kollossus conversion (the Deff dread would be better).

Charoar:

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about doing a tutorial on how to convert these into a unit of inferno golems when they come out. Inferno golems are probably the hardest things in the book to convert right now and when I saw this kit coming out, I saw the possibilities. I’ve got alot of ideas, im gunna have to get a kit and see which ones will work.

Rhazzouth:

YES!!!

Killa Kans to power;P

But I prefer to use the:Ork in Mega Armour with Kombi Shoota-Rokkit Launcher also from Games Workshop’s Orks.

If I remember, surfing on the net, I saw a cool conversion with that model…

sundrinker:

check out the dnd miniatures line they have alot of nice golemish things

Grimstonefire:

@Charoar. That would make a very interesting article for the Word of Hashut, as there probably are a lot of indy CD players out there who would find it useful.

Something to consider.