[Archive] Introductions: New members post here!

Xander:

Welcome Alan!

A cool back story! We’d love some pictures of your army. :slight_smile:

Hehe, your avatar was originally made for Warplock Monkey, but he doesn’t use it right now, so I think it’s ok if you do. Hehe.

Cheers!

Alan the evil:

Thanks for wellcome, xander…

It will be hard to see my warrior early because they still suffer the wounds of their battlebox against skinks and they need to be pimped…

And also they are very touchy and get anger if someone looks on them… and then they usually kill him (skinks docet)!!:slight_smile:

I don’t know warplock (i wondered what did warplock mean), but he has got a very good taste…

I didn’t image it was a personal avatar…

when I gonna find something else I gonna change it!!

Ubertechie:

trying to keep up in the Intro post with all the new members is like trying to nail jello to the wall!

Sojourn
Damm that made me laugh - its something i could imagine my yougest daughter (Freya - who is 3) trying to do then asking me why it wouldnt work.

I also agree that the speed with which new people are joining and become active members is constantly increasing and is very impressive and just further reinforces the massive amount of interest there is in our beloved Chaos Dwarfs

Davespaceman:

Hi I’m David (Davespaceman)

I’ve been playing warhamer for a few years now. Started with Dwarfs now I’m on ogres and shall be starting chaos when my ogres are finished well, when 2k are finished why is it we always end up getting far too many models for our armies?.

I play fantasy at Manchester GW and play mordheim at the mill.

I’ve looked on thie site a few times and the recent warmachine contest has enticed me and inspired me to build my own hellcannon as I already have the normal one and i dislike having the same model twice. So I shall be borrowing largely from the designs I see on here. So I’ll also be looking for help on making 3 dwarf crew and possibly a few other characters to drop in my chaos army not a big hat fan though so masks and bald heads for me.

So anyone who want’s to point me in the right direction please feel free.

Swissdictator:

Davespaceman:

Welcome! :cheers The contest is a great place to start in of itself, there are some amazing concepts there.

Another good place is Xander’s wonderfully useful videos on converting Battle for Skull Pass Dwarfs. These vids are amazing tutorials on creating crew.

If you like hat or helm (really old) style more just look around and you can get some ideas of how to do them. Remember, with this hobby everything looks harder then it really is, so don’t hold back! Make what you like! :slight_smile:

Hope to see you around. What God are going for with Chaos, or are you going multigod? For Chaos I always go Nurgle, except for my Chaos Dwarfs, who follow their own god.

Grotsnik:

is there any way of creating decent CD scenery using the fortified manor

jolpis:

welcome dave! i hope i’ll see some greens soon, and have fun CDO

Sojourn:

Hi Dave! if you enjoy variety, you’ll certainly find that here! I’m glad you saw the GH8 entries, and you’ll notice not one entry looks the same!

I think we’re all ambitious and optimistic and feel we’ll get through more minis than we actually can feasibly. But get going on those ogres so we can see your creativity with CDs! :slight_smile:

also, yes, check out those tutorials Swiss pointed out. they’ll be really helpful. Also, alot of the WIP and blogs will give you ideas of what to do.

welcome!

BOGGO:

Hi people. I happened on your site, and think it’s pretty great. I had no real interest in Chaos Dwarfs, but after seeing many of the BFSP conversions around here I thought it would be a great project (I have a couple of copies of skull pass i’m just sitting on). So I just about finished up my first 6 guys (converting, not painting): I used some ideas I found around here (there are some good looking conversions), but hopefully made them unique enough to stand out as my own. I’ll try and post tonight or tomorrow pics of my progress. My local store allows Chaos Dwarfs in tournaments, but i’ve never seen them. It would be a blast to pull them out, I’ve been playing Vampires and Skaven (both finished armies) for quite a while now. Anyhow, thanks for the inspiration. Boggo.

Xander:

Sounds awesome, Boggo! I can’t wait to see what you have come up with!

It’s always great to hear that people are getting inspired by what we are doing here at CDO! We’ve tried our best to make all our conversions really easy to find and accessible in the hopes that they will get noticed! That, combined with the ease of access to BFSP miniatures makes Chaos Dwarfs a “Why not? This could be really cool!” type of army!

Swissdictator:

Welcome Boggo! As a VC vet of 3 years, I also converted to Chaos Dwarfs and I haven’t regretted it at all. They are a very fun, varied army that are hoot to play. You’ll enjoy them. Plus if you’re into the hobby aspect of the game like many of us, Chaos Dwarfs are the perfect outlet for that regardless if you choose helms, masks, hats, or a mix of any of those or even come up with something of your own (no headgear CD?).

Check out the Golden Hat 8 for some inspiration. There is a lot of gorgeous work in there and it can get you thinking of the possibilities. Browse around and see what we’ve got and feel free to ask any questions.

Veksi:

Hello everybody, and greetings from Finland!

So. let´s start.

I have collected miniatures about 7 years, mostly little armies - chaos, dwarfs, skaven, bretonnia, O&G, 40K chaos, (which have now been gathering dust in my closet…) but I´m a veteran Ogre Kingdoms player (army os reaching up to 4000 points) and my army consists every OK miniatures, but one - Braugh Slavelord, I think you all know what I mean :slight_smile:

And, few days ago I bought a chaos dwarf army only because it was cheap. Yes, lovely big hats. A finnish player was selling his old toys (miniatures), and I was the lucky one to get all of them. And it was not expensive, about 150 euros.

My army has the following treasures:

-30 CD warriors (one of them is painted)

-20 sneaky gits (one or two of them is painted)

-Eartshaker (only glued)

-Rocket launcher (not even touched)

-Sorcerer on lammasu (new in box)

-Lord on flyng bull (new in box)

-12 blunderbussers (not painted)

-Astragoth (not painted)

-Lord on foot (new in blister)

-5 bull centaurs (4 of them are still in blister)

+ army book from web-auction

And that´s it. The army will get some reinforcements from O&G :slight_smile: Black orcs, obviously. I still haven´t decided any colourschemes or anything, but this will be a nice progress, I think. Ugh, I´ve spoken.

Swissdictator:

Very nice find my friend! Very nice. jealous

Now if you don’t mind looking at the covenant while I sneak away with your CD? No? Darn.

Well welcome to the website and I hope you really enjoy it as much I have! Here’s a Blunderbuss in case a sneaky git is… well… sneaky.

Ghrask Dragh:

Welcome onboard Veksi!!

Thats one hell of a find, congratulations mate! I hope you get painting and posting them soon, as a fellow Ogre Kingdoms collector (Ghrask Dragh = Braugh Slavelord :D) I would be interested to see them too in the off-topic showcase :cheers

Good Luck on getting that Slavelord mini :hat off

Haven’t got any doubles have you :wink:

Veksi:

Ah, thanks for the replies :smiley:

Yes, I have two regular tyrants (other is converted for the giant-breaker-name → Tyrant is holding a severed head in his hand), and the second one is the CHIEF with great weapon… Third one is the army-box dude (bruiser) but he must be repainted.

I also have two butchers and a handful of maneaters + skrag and greasus :slight_smile: That´s a lot of metal ´boy…

Cheers!

Kera foehunter:

well welcome to the site all you new member !!

go see willmark for free ale !! he will hook you up

Sojourn:

Welcome Boggo and Veksi! I’m glad you guys found our site. I hope you find everything you need, and if not, just ask and someone can help ya! :slight_smile:

wallacer:

Welcome everyone. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Piccolo:

hello

Im Piccolo and I’ve been playing warhamer for some years now (I started in the 5th edition)

Im a veteran orc & goblin player but recently i started collecting a chaos dwarf force.

I like to cloolect rare minatures and since chaos dwarfs are no longer in production its an ideal army for me.

The models i posses are 5th edition ‘big hats’ i dont like doin conversions so my army is 100% original chaos dwarf models. Unfortynately I wasnt able to paint them all yet but I hope that in the near future i’ll post some pictures of my finished models.

and btw, this is the best CD website I’ve seen so far, keep it up guys!

Swissdictator:

Welcome Piccolo! I’m a little jealous of your 100% classic army, I intend to have the same someday! :slight_smile:

Welcome to site and I hope you enjoy it and feel welcome here! :cheers

It is not just the best CD website, but I’d say the best warhammer website out there!