[Archive] Introductions: New members post here!

Vharn:

Good day everyone.

New player here. I’ve been collecting warhammer for a couple of years now, however I soon get bored of the armies I start and move on to the next one, so I have never actually completed a whole army before. My gaming experience is very limited so far, I’ve only ever played a battle for skull pass game (using our betraying kin).

Now I’ve found this wonderful site, and instantly fell in love with the small evil dawi and I hope my attention span will last longer with this army than with the other ones. Having the option to combine 2 model ranges (dwarfs & O&G) certainly is a help for me, cause I love variation in painting and modelling.

I’ve started converting my BFSP dwarfs into Chaos Dwarfs using the excellent tutorials on this site, and I’m having enormous amounts of fun already.

Ubertechie:

Vharn

Welcome aboard - you should be able to find plenty of advice here on any aspect of the hobby that is Chaos Dwarf related from converting and painting through to army lists and tactics. Any questions you have just post them up and you will soon be flooded with a swathe of responses.

Gundini:

Hi im Luke dont really now how too use this site yet so ill just say a bit about myself. Ive been playing warhammer for about 7 years now and have just stopped collecting my orc a goblin army after reaching 5000 points. I got some chaos dwarfs of some guy when i first stated palying so i thought i may aswelll make that my next project you Chaos Dwarf fans might not like this but im going too convert an army with the bare minimum of dwarfs and as many of the more superior hobgobs as possible long live the GITS!

Hazkar:

welcome in the comunity gundini

great avatar

jolpis:

welcome guduni your avatar really rocks. looking forward to see your minis are you going to convert the hobbos or just keep em goblins?

Swissdictator:

Welcome Gundini: I look forward to seeing your work! This is a great site and there are some wonderful ideas for conversions (assuming you don’t have enough CD already (though is there ever enough))!

The nice thing is you can use your O&G to supplement your CD! :slight_smile:

Again, please post some pics!

As has been said: Your avatar rocks. Tux is always awesome! Slaves for Tux!

Sojourn:

another growth spurt on CDO!

welcome one and all! it’s nice to see such a varied collection coming here, from bloodbowl players and 40k to a dash of CDs with a hobgob serving. it’s great to have you all.

if you have any questions, please ask. check out our contests or our webzine they’re a big hit with the kids :wink:

Gundini:

I was going too hack up a few of my bfsp gobbos and see how they come out just try a few different ways first. Probably vut them in half make them a bit taller give them axes and hobbo hats see how it goes. Thanks for the slaves theyll go straight too the mines!

Ancre:

Hi ! I am Ancre, a french student who just decided to begin a chaos dwarf army, after reading through this forum a lot (you have some awesome conversions over here, like Kera’s lord on bull or all the painting contests ! ) which helped me decide it was worth converting all those dwarves.

I bought the battle for skull pass set, and I intend to sell back a few of the models I won’t use (because they’re not in the list or they’re too scary to convert) in order to bring back more money and find a handful of more basic dwarves to have a reasonable unit to begin ! With this I could probably have reasonably fast a small (500 points I guess) force I can play !

Other than Chaos Dwarves I play Lizardmen, Orcs and Gobs will probably appears, I will soon play warmaster, and I have Chaos Marines bits that can be transformed into something … well, if I ever take the courage to.

If I can ask a question, what is the use of the slaves ? I see everyone have some on the forum but I can’t see any use of it.

Thank you very much for reading me ! Ancre.

Border Reiver:

Welcome to the site.

CDs are an awesome army to play and the army is very flexible, especially with the slaves. Slave units allow you to:

a. Sacrifice units to redirect enemy units into undesirable positions;

b. Act as tarpits so that your harder hitting units and flank charge them;

c. Be your fast cavalry;

d. Be your mid range shooting between the blunderbusses and the warmachines;

e. Have units that can be sacrified without causing panic in your CDs;

d. Be a source of frustration (animosity); and

e. Be a source of amusement.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Welcome everyone who I haven’t welcomed since last time I posted!

I hope our web site helps you discover Warhammer’s “Missing Army” - The Chaos Dwarfs!

Please check out all the wonderful sculpts in our “Showcase” section as well as Xander’s awesome instructional video’s on how to convert the Battle For Skull Pass box into an entire 1000+ point Chaos Dwarf army.

Looking forward to your posts and photos!

Tarrakk Blackhand.

Hazkar:

hi ancre

welcome to the comunity :cheers

If I can ask a question, what is the use of the slaves ? I see everyone have some on the forum but I can’t see any use of it.

Ancre
slaves are an important part of the cd society,so we also use them in the cd community.

you can get them as a donation for cool conversions,ideas or stuff like that from other members or for entering a contest

and you can also donate them to other members

but they have no real use,just a fun gimmick

hope you enjoy your stay :hat off

fondu77:

Hi everyone.

New in the site

Hope to share ideas on chaos dwarfs (mostly bloodbowlish as I don’t play other games).

Regards

Swissdictator:

Welcome Fondu77!

Hope you enjoy the site, I’m using some Impact Minis for my Chaos Dwarfs. They’re primarily designed for Blood Bowl (or similar) games… so you might want to check those out too.

Kera foehunter:

Ancre thanks for the kind words !!! *hug *

@ welcome to the site fondu 77

like to here your ideas on the cd blood bowl and stuff

fondu77:

Welcome Fondu77!

Hope you enjoy the site, I'm using some Impact Minis for my Chaos Dwarfs. They're primarily designed for Blood Bowl (or similar) games... so you might want to check those out too.

Swissdictator
Impact has made some good stuff.
There is also a good french producer for bullcentaurs wich is GOBLINFORGE (just to share ;) )
I'll try to post some ideas taken of Talkbloodbowl.com forum too.

Thanks for the welcoming

Slavery yours

:mask

jolpis:

welcome fondu and ancre, looking forward to see your work, and have fun at the sit as you may have found out allready this site is very resourceful good luck with your CDs :hat off

Ancre:

Thank you everyone for your kind greetings !

fondu77:

Thank you everyone for your kind greetings !

Ancre
+1 :cheers

Braki Flamebeard:

Greetings to all here.

I joined the site because I’ve been wondering around as a guest for a while and looking at the showcases. I love them all, but I will admit now, big hats all the way. I am working with my brother who is also on the site to make an army. He prefers to play with them whilst I prefer to make them, so we make a good team. But we can of course still swap roles. I am currently making just a few Dawi Zharr with some spare dwarfs I have left over from a dogs of war conversion, but I hope to eventually make an army worthy enough to show on these forums.

Hope to see more good stuff from everybody