[Archive] Introductions: New members post here!

Grimstonefire:

Welcome. Big hats, masks, hatmets, all are welcome here! Who is your brother on here?

Braki Flamebeard:

Wow that was fast! My brother is Allanp, and if we have any arguments whilst on here then be sure its all ‘fraternal’. Basically I’m making eveything to order for his CD army.

warweasel:

Hello & howdy to one and all!

I have been an occasional lurker on this board for some time, and you guys have helped inspire me to strip off the ancient paint from my Lil’ Big Hats to bring them out of retirement!

I plan on taking them to The Necro GT in Orlando, FL this year, after being unhappy with the builds I tried out with my WoC. I will try to get some pictures posed as the army starts to get some color on it.

~Steve G.

Xander:

Welcome warweasel! :smiley:

Be sure to take some pictures before you strip your minis! As a keepsake! :stuck_out_tongue:

ryanamandaanna:

Hey Everyone-

I usually don’t do the intro thing on other forums, but as I don’t have any pics to post yet, I’ll just throw out a quick hello. I’ve lurked around Warhammer and, surprisingly, Chaos Dwarfs for years (I think since around '92), but didn’t even buy anything until this last Christmas. Too much money later, I was disappointed to see that there were no Chaos Dwarfs to be found, until I found this site. Since then, I’ve bought another BFSP set and started converting as I have time. I currently have 5 bull centaurs, a great taurus with Lord, a death rocket, a sorcerer, and a unit of 12 warriors that I’ve converted, but since they’re all only primed, I haven’t taken any pics yet since you can’t see a whole lot of detail when they’re all black, but hopefully I can start painting soon and start getting them up.

I’ve been happy to learn from this site, and I’m going to join everyone in hoping that this line of models comes back soon. :hat off

Sojourn:

welcome new members… is everyone finding everything ok? many of you seemed to lurk prior to ‘officially’ joining us, so you may be familiar, if not, please ask. it’s a warm and welcoming forum and I’m sure anyone would be happy to help in any way they can.

:cheers and again, welcome!

Drychnath:

Greetings. I have lurked for several days straight, and decided to join up for the sake of gaining access to the full battery of resources on the site.

I am a fairly long-time GW player, although Chaos Dwarfs are not yet one of my armies. It takes me a very long time to commit to anything in the way of new projects in this hobby - mostly because I’m a poorly motivated painter, the rest because of costs.

I currently play Bretonnians in Fantasy. Boo-hiss, I know. My interest in Chaos Dwarfs as an army stems mostly from my love of ancient history. Second, I have traditionally been an advocate of the forces of evil, my knights notwithstanding. Third, I’ve always liked Dwarfs and the related elements. Fourth, I like Orcs and Goblins. Fifth, I love the idea of applying ruthlessness to anything - craftsmanship, for example. Sixth, and though this may reflect poorly on me, I love the idea of using slave troops in my army. Seventh, the Lammasu is one of my favorite monsters.

Come right down to it, there’s few reasons for me not to do Chaos Dwarfs as an army. Mostly it’s just a matter of me not gaming much, my Brets being unpainted, and my concern over being able to do the modeling project side of it justice. I’m also eight months from being in a position to act on anything. So I’ve got time to decide. Or rather, you’ve got time to convince me.

Spartacus:

Hey guys, just signed up. Starting a new Chaos Dwarf army. I’ve been playing Warhammer for about 15 years. I have High Elves, Empire, Vampire Counts, Deamons and Warriors of Chaos.

I decided I now wanted something “different”. This is where “different” lead me.

Viveka:

Hello, I’m a new lurker here and thought I should introduce myself. I’ve been interested in the Warhammer world since high school (a good decade and a half ago), but never mustered up the guts to walk into the store. You know… the one in the mall that you had to walk very quickly past before being struck down by an incoming wave of nerd rage.

Now I’m proud to say that I am one of those debating army lists and being overly self critical of my paint jobs. While I am still very new to the game I do all I can to find the time to read whatever I can find and pick the brains of those I know that have been playing all along.

I started out with a Wood Elf army and found out rather quickly how boring they where. I sold all of them at a local consignment shop and started collecting Dark Elves. While I do enjoy the Dark Elves they just don’t have nearly the originality of the Chaos Dwarves. I just made my first ebay purchase today of three Blunderbussers and plan to pick up my first box of BFSP on my next paycheck.

I am thrilled that I found this site and can’t wait to become a regular participant. :hat off

Lord_Nagash:

Hello. Lord_Nagash here. I have been playing Warhammer for 11 years. For the fantasy version I have played every army except for the Bret’s and CD which I am starting right now. My main fantasy army right now is Ogre Kingdoms. 40k I play Dark Eldar and Black Templars.

I am a long standing member of Bartertown and I am a Mod over there. Uh, lets see, that is pretty much it.

Kera foehunter:

great outfit war weasel !!!

and also welcome to all the new member

@ ryanamandaramaanne

@Drychnath

@ Spartacus

@Viveka

@ Lord _ Nagash

Scion:

Hi, I’m Scion.

I’ve collected Warhammer for a couple of years and have a 2500pt Wood Elf army. I only recently investigated Chaos Dwarfs online having already got some basic ideas from friends. I find this forum extremely interesting and some of the conversions for models are awesome!! I live in Wales, Britain.

Sojourn:

Welcome to all, I’m so glad you made it here. :slight_smile: whether you’re about to start an army of CDs or you don’t play them, we have lots for you to see around here.

thanks for joining drychnath, spartacus, viveka, Lord_Nagash and Scion :slight_smile: can’t wait to see your contributions!

Zanko:

Welcome here you guys (and girls?)! :cheers

I hope you will enjoy this Forum as much as I do! :o

@ Scion: I presume you have to debate a lot with GRNDL (so I don´t make a mistake here :mask!) about your preference of Wood Elves! :wink:

:hashut

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Welcome to the site everyone!

Don’t worry about the “Good Dwarf” mini’s. I think all of us pretty much started with a box of them or a Battle for Skull Pass set. It’s how we were introduced to Dwarfs in general.

I also have a large army of “Good Dwarfs”. I got pretty far with them until a friend of mine started killing me with about 1/2 the ammount of Wood Elves. The Dwarf’s short 3" movement is quite impeeding and he’d send in WE horsemen to attack my cannons. 3 Dwarfs against 10 We lancers on horses didn’t stand a chance. And the rest of my army were getting run down and killed to death if they ever fled. Also, the Dwarf inititive was low and the WE allways got to go first in combat.

So, I started looking for an alternative and liked the CD’s and the idea that a BFSP set can make a full CD army. This gives me some better movement, still has Dwarfs and now includes Hobgoblins.

Also, the Blunderbuss crew are awesome at close range and the Hobgoblin Wolf Riders will be great to use for Fast Calvalry.

Now I just have to finish building my BFSP Cd army and I can challenge him again!

Can’t wait!  

Nothing personal about you Wood Elf players…but I want to blow all those little pointy-eared freaks to shreads with my Blunderbuss crew and swim in their blood!

Keep happy! :smiley:

jolpis:

welcome everyone, were picking up members at high speed, soon we’ll probably be able to take over the world, but one step at a time. welcome and im looking forward to see all the pics. Good luck with your evil dawi zharr!

glorin:

Hi, I’m glorin.

I already am since 1/2-year here active. Mostly however only as readers, not as writers. In last days I have to write here begun purely, why? Because I look for new coworkers for our army book project. Over me: I am pupil, a water rat and operate from the water emergency service to canupolo, or Underwatterrugby of everything. Also at the country I am not unsportlich but play football�?� I play also being hammer for some time. I often play not alzu (well, yesterday nevertheless times 12k play), am quite active for it in forums and operate chaos dwarf homepage. I continue to be in each German chaos dwarf board a well-known face. Momentarily develop I with some other chaos dwarf player (ca.30) a new chaos dwarf army book. (I play a center role also here in the line�?�)

AmyBlue:

Hi there! I posted here a little bit way back when, when I started my CD’s, now I’ve got some stuff up an’ running, I thought I’d stop back by. Hello, hello to everyone who remembers me, and everyone who doesn’t. : )

Swissdictator:

Welcome back AmyBlue! I look forward to seeing some pictures of your work. :slight_smile:

AmyBlue:

I hope to get some pictures out soon. <3