[Archive] Is the Flying Great Taurus model a good or bad idea?

Snotling:

If the species wasn't being tampered with for the purpose of creating as much milk as possible, they wouldn't be super huge.

Hobgoblyn
Oh, but on a female Taurus, the udder would be super huge, remember the Chaosdwarf philosophy "The bigger, the better!" :cheers

Thommy H:

And as I mentioned above and you quickly dismissed as unimportant
Well I think it goes without saying that any discussion of the biology and sexual dimorphism of a theoretical creature based on an out-of-production model for an army that's not even supported by the company that makes the game any more is "unimportant".

But yes. If we assume there's been no selective breeding for milk production, the female Tauruses would probably not have "udders" per se. Although, that said, there's nothing to suggest that Chaos Dwarfs wouldn't breed for milk - their society consumes at least as voraciously as ours, and I'd imagine that, like us, they'd have discovered that cow's milk is a useful source of protein and adapted to drink it. A Chaos Dwarf cannot subsist on fungus alone, after all.

Grimstonefire:

Random observation:  Must be because we’re near valentines day or something, but there seems to be several threads here (and on other forums) discussing the reproduction of fantasy creatures in great depth…

Damnit we really need a new book.

Alric:

If your problem is that it doesn't look monstrous enough then just say that, instead of some weird argument about it looking like a cow, which just invites everyone (not just me) going "uh...a bull is a cow...".

And I'm not trolling you. If you don't want people to disagree with you, why are you posting discussions on a message board? This is a place for debate on the topics that come up, not for everyone to go "Yeah, Alric's right!"

Thommy H
Trolling -  posting in an unnecessarily argumentative way, often about any old thing.  Just for the fun of it.  Which exactly what you are doing.

Your off topic comments "bull is a cow" stuff is pointless trolling. The OP is about a GW model not an actual animal, the "model" is neither a cow or a bull its a metal miniature. The comment "it looks like a cow" , as I have already posted and you have quoted those post,  is obviously a comment on the appearance of the model, a comment used by those that think the model is stupid looking, like a dumb cow, instead of looking like something more monstrous looking as I have already said and gave examples of in the OP.
Now stop your trolling.

Grimstonefire:

We could let this rage forever, but ultimately I think there has been minor rules infringements by more than one person here.

I’m going to lock this, as it didn’t get off to a clear start and quickly dissolved into off topic discussions about cow reproduction…  Not a great thread imo.

If anyone wants to start a poll asking who likes the Great Taurus model generally feel free.