[Archive] Ishkur's Bull Centaurs WIP - ideas / feedback needed

Willmark:

Thumbs up to the revised scale! I cant wait to see these guys complete they will be awesome!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

@Grongi: aye, I definitely want to do a command group. But first things first… I’ll only start work on these once the first bull centaurs are finished and satisfying.

@sharp: no the fur is part of the original toy cow’s sculpt. I’ll have to think if I can actually imitate that on the GS body in any way - or if I just leave it as smooth as a baby’s butt. :slight_smile:

Sharp:

@sharp: no the fur is part of the original toy cow's sculpt. I'll have to think if I can actually imitate that on the GS body in any way - or if I just leave it as smooth as a baby's butt. :)

Ishkur Cinderhat
I was only asking because I was thinking of how hard that 'fur' would be to paint. :)

More reason to sculpt your own :P

Kera foehunter:

Those are not cows!!! but hey why not make some cowcentars.

what an idea!!!

Xander:

Female Cowcentaurs. Hehe.

AGPO:

Sounds like a project foryou Kera. I’d hate to think what Hashut’s version of Daemonettes would be like

Ishkur Cinderhat:

There are no cowmonettes.

There is no cow level. :hashut

AGPO:

@ Ishkur

Mooo

Kera foehunter:

shure i will take that idea (mine)

Ishkur Cinderhat:

OK here is what I have (re-)done so far…

Made a new body, still a lot of fimo and GS needed of course -

I think the size is a lot better now, it more reflects the size of the original bull centaurs. The torso and head is still a lot bigger than that of a regular dwarf, but these are Hashut’s chosen after all, not some wimpy humans! What do you think?

Xander:

Looks pretty sweet man!

The size is a vast improvement. Should turn out beautiful. :slight_smile:

Make sure they rank up! :wink:

Kera foehunter:

grrrrrrrrrreat job i love the green fimo

furrie:

can’t wait to see how they look when there finished

AGPO:

If I were you I’d do some of both (the new body and the bought one) then whack the bigger ones on 40x40mm bases and call 'em Ironguts

Ishkur Cinderhat:

At the moment, I’m actually thinking of turning these into black statues on some Chaos Dwarf scenery for our gaming table! :slight_smile:

cornixt:

Those guys are HUGE, they’d give dragon ogres a run for their money!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, as all have said, that sculpting is outstanding. Easily the best I’ve seen in all my years trawling the 'net. As others have said, and you’ve taken aboard, too big. However, I thought when casting, you could adjust scales to make them smaller? You could always use the big ones as bull centaur characters and if you don’t need two (or three :D), then sell them as you planned. However, if you do that, I’d suggested rescultping the tail and removing a little baby fat towards the back end. As someone else mentioned, I think it’s also look better if they had some more armour along their flanks and possibly rear, with rear greaves as well as frontal ones. As for the new scale, MUCH better, and the larger than dwarf-sized torsos=uber Hashut strength-blessing of doom! Effectively :smiley: I was going to suggest hacking the toy bulls in half and hacking the legs and sculpting new joins in, nut looking good so far.

Overall, I was speechless. More so than by any of the projects I’ve seen so far (which is saying something!). Many many kudos!

AGPO:

I like the scenery idea, might give that one a try

Willmark:

Much better in terms of scale Ishkur.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Thanks, Willmark. And cheers to all of you who gave some feeback! :cheers

I have just finished the smaller bull body and I am now much more happy with this one. This time I really went to town with scale mail and armour plating. Hope you like it! ^^

Next to do: reworked / finished weapons, possibly a new shield / buckler and hands of course.