[Archive] Ishkur's Chaos Space Marines (pic heavy)

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Here is what kept me from my Dawi Zharr for the past months. There is a huge 40k apocalypse game coming up in my group end of December and I want to pit my brand new renegades against the forces of order there. :slight_smile:

I started off with lots of infantry so that I could turn to more interesting (and hard hitting) stuff after finishing them. ^^

And here is the current centerpiece of what I’ve got so far - Kul’sarkoth the Harvester of Skulls, Herald of Slaughter… my brass scorpion! ^^

More to come (hopefully) soon. :hashut

Canix:

Hell yeah they’re bloody Great Ishkur:hat nice colour scheme the bronze like Tiri pirlons CD is cool

Thommy H:

Very nice indeed.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Sojourn:

reee-donk-ulously good Ish. wow. as per usual of course.

Love the dripping blood on the banner, and the blood spray on the armour and tank is great. oh yah, and PS - love the use of purple! :slight_smile:

gives a gold star for the brass scorpion awesome.

Geckilian:

Nice army there.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

clam:

So that’s why we haven’t seen any dwarfs lately :smiley: - very, very nice Ishkur. Love that scorpion/defiler - great convertion :hat off

Bassman:

Amzing stuff here, I expected nothing less than beautiful from you!

I wish you can post better pictures… these are quite dark and do not give justice to your job.

Bassman

Obsidian:

The Brass Scorpion is awesome!:cheers:

Kera foehunter:

GREAT JOB!! love the sword BOY love the pink and the highlights

Ishkur Cinderhat:

the bronze like Tiri pirlons CD is cool

Canix
Yeah guess who inspired me to go with that colour scheme! :cheers

Thanks for the feedback ladies and gents. And I'll see if I can improve the picture quality for the next stuff in any way, Bassman. :hat off

slev:

Sweet. I love the vehicles, especially the BS.

Willmark:

Why do I get the feeling this is going to be another 20,000+ viewed thread? Awesome work Dude!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Well… many views would mean there are many updates. Which would be a really good thing, because it would mean that I make a lot of progress. Which means that I would get to finish the army before the game in roughly 3 months. Now if that is not motivating, then I don’t know what is! :cheers

furrie:

awsome work, I like the swords they realy look like the could burst into flames

Ghrask Dragh:

Nice take on the traditional red armour for the khorny dudes :hat off

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking very nice. Will it all be Khornate (I realised as I typed that i saw Slaaneshi weapons and a Slaaneshi Rhino, so ignore that :wink: )? How much have you got finished in total and how many points is that?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Frankly the combination is a bit awkward fluff-wise as I collect a Renegades Force with a big chunk of Khorne stuff and some Slaaneshi support. But as the current codex actually encourages such combinations, I felt I’d give it a go (I collected an Emperor’s Children mono-army in the past).

Let me see… finished so far:

10x Khorne Berzerkers incl. Champ + Rhino …335P

10x Noise Marines w/ sonic weaponry and Champ + Rhino …390P

6x Chaos Space Marines w/ Champ …140P

6x Chaos Space Marines w/ Champ …135P

1x Brass Scorpion (Apocalypse only) …400P

10x Lower Daemons (Bloodletters) …130P

So at the moment I’m at 1130 points for regular games, but still lacking some good heavy support and HQ. I’ll convert the Khorne lord on Juggernaut from the Chaos Warriors spearhead to a Berzerker Lord for 40k (can’t use him in my WHFB army really) and probably get me this nifty Zhufor guy, a Khorne terminator lord miniature from Forgeworld. :slight_smile:

Xander:

Amazing stuff, dude! Keep it up!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Greater summoned daemon, just finished last night. Pretty straightforward, not much fancy conversion work. Since I plan to use him in my (future) Khorne daemon army in WHFB, I put him on a square base.

For the bloodletters which will be regular summoned lower daemons in my 40k force, I made a special regiment base which will allow me to also field them in games of WHFB.

I hear you say “OK but why did he not simply put them on square bases?” Well, have you ever tried to get them to rank up properly?! Impossible, I say! With the round bases in this clever piece of chaos dwarven engineering, I can turn them a little where necessary - and it works great. :slight_smile:

two_heads_talking:

Frankly the combination is a bit awkward fluff-wise as I collect a Renegades Force with a big chunk of Khorne stuff and some Slaaneshi support. But as the current codex actually encourages such combinations, I felt I'd give it a go (I collected an Emperor's Children mono-army in the past).

Let me see.. finished so far:

10x Khorne Berzerkers incl. Champ + Rhino ..335P
10x Noise Marines w/ sonic weaponry and Champ + Rhino ..390P
6x Chaos Space Marines w/ Champ ..140P
6x Chaos Space Marines w/ Champ ..135P
1x Brass Scorpion (Apocalypse only) ..400P
10x Lower Daemons (Bloodletters) ..130P

So at the moment I'm at 1130 points for regular games, but still lacking some good heavy support and HQ. I'll convert the Khorne lord on Juggernaut from the Chaos Warriors spearhead to a Berzerker Lord for 40k (can't use him in my WHFB army really) and probably get me this nifty Zhufor guy, a Khorne terminator lord miniature from Forgeworld. :)

Ishkur Cinderhat
well, if you'd go with numbers of the Gods or multiples.. 8,16,24 for khorne; 7,14,21 for nurgle; 6,12,18 for slannesh; and 9,18,27 for tzeentch. and the standard number for chaos undivided would be 8 for the number of star points, but 10 is the standard codex number.

so, either up your khorne to 16 or back it off to 8.. up your noise marines to 12 or backit off to 6. and since there are no razorbacks for Chaos, take that 6 chaos marines with champ and up it to 10 and put them in rhinos.

and of course the demons would follow the numbers for the gods too.. so up those bloodletters to 16..