[Archive] Ishkur's Dawi Zharr project

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Okay, 4th place in Golden Hat V is more than an honorable result as I really never hoped I’d make a medal with this one, after having seen the gorgeous other entries. ^^

What I did was trying to create something that is anywhere between the Immortals and the regular CD warriors. While I’m happy with the standard and the face mask, the metal is a bit too shiny and there is not a lot of interesting stuff to be found on the armour. But the really good thing about this model is that it inspired me to a new design for a special unit:

Now these guys would come with a mixture of scale mail and plate, maybe some sort of oversized scimitar or glaive, and the ornamental shoulder guards with the symbolic oversized horns on them. Compared to the drawing they might need to be a bit more stunty to be proper Chaos Dwarfs. As of yet I call them the “High Thaumaturge’s Royal Guard” - no idea who he is or what they do, but I kinda like the ring of it! :slight_smile:

Meanwhile, work on the bull centaurs is progressing v e r y slowly… I am still struggling with sculpting the weapons and hands. But the bull body, torso and heads are ready cast for 5 pieces!