[Archive] Ishkur's Dawi Zharr project

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Greetings and a hearty Hashut! to all of you.

I take the liberty of accepting Xander’s kind invitation to post my chaos dwarf warriors here as well (and not just over at HoH) so that more people might watch as my army grows. :slight_smile:

As of yet, only a handful of warriors have been finished. Soon to come are even more warriors with great axes. Work will have to proceed fast on this army, as I want to use the Dawi Zharr in the upcoming Nemesis Crown campaign.

Hope you like them, cheers!

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Snotling:

i love them, wonderfull painting and creative, nice old-school conversions. so, give me more!

what do you think, when will we see the complete unit?

hal:

Really good, great paint job.

My only criticism would be concerning the line that runs vertically along the guy’s hat (3rd pic down).

The light effect from the lava is fantastic as well.

Khan!:

These guys are awesome! :slight_smile: Very classic, I love the noses and tusks! I’m curious as to how you painted your skin tone! It is quite good. Also, are you going to do anything more with their armour/skirts or leave them with the simple drybrush?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

They are just basic rank’n’file, so I will probably not do more about the armour. My rule is ‘paint 5 guys in two days’ or let’s rather say ‘paint 5 guys in only 2 evening painting sessions’ - which (theoretically) allows me to paint a whole unit within a week or so. Did the same with my Chaos Warriors and it turned out to be a good way for me to keep the project going!

So the whole regiment should be finished in about 10 days, but only because I have run out of resin. Used these sculpts here to make a mould so that I could replicate these body parts to turn a regular Dwarf Warriors regiment into my very own Chaos Dwarfs. :slight_smile:

Hm, seeing the big photos, I probably should really paint the belts though… Oh, and the basic colour for the faces and flesh was graveyeard earth.

@hal: yeah, that body with the flash line at the side of the hat is my worst cast and I really don’t like the way the face turned out. Probably will not use him too much in my regiments.

Hashut! ^^

Xander:

I love these conversions, and the paint jobs are awesome! The best Tall Hat conversions I have seen!

The Flying Beaver:

It’s always nice to see more big hats. Well done Ishkur!

LLV:

I am also wanting to make some resin moulds for some of my sculpts - any chance you could pm me to describe where you get the kit and how to do it?

thanks!:slight_smile:

hal:

I am also wanting to make some resin moulds for some of my sculpts - any chance you could pm me to describe where you get the kit and how to do it?
I think we'd all be interested in moulding techniques, that is if you'd be so kind Ishkur.
:cheers

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Well there is a link on my website on how I made the moulds for replicating my sculpts. As of yet, it is all in German, but I guess you get the idea when you look at the pictures. :slight_smile:

I also found the mould making page at Hirst Arts quite useful.

Be aware that it is illegal to copy existing miniatures (and also not worthwile, because the materials involved can be quite expensive). I only reproduce my own sculpted pieces to speed up the converting process.

Monty:

Painting in two night blocks is the best way of getting an army done for sure… I recently started using a similar principal but i’m doing 6 warriors in 2 nights then a character or war machine to reward myself :slight_smile:

Love your pointy hats! I take it you used the half of the marauder drum which doesn’t have an arm twice for the end model??

Cheers, Mont

Xander:

Awesome job with the molds. We’d love a translation!

LLV:

Be aware that it is illegal to copy existing miniatures (and also not worthwile, because the materials involved can be quite expensive). I only reproduce my own sculpted pieces to speed up the converting process.

Ishkur Cinderhat
Indeed!:cheers

The miniatures/parts I would reproduce would be my own designs for my own personal use.

As Xander said, a translation would be nice(although I can read/speak german quite well im just a lazy bugger...:P)

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Painting in two night blocks is the best way of getting an army done for sure... I recently started using a similar principal but i'm doing 6 warriors in 2 nights then a character or war machine to reward myself

Hehe, that's nice - I also do a "boring" regiment first, then something interesting like a character or warmachine, then a regiment again a.s.o. What's great is that the Chaos Dwarfs have lots of interesting things!

I actually made myself a schedule for completing a full 2k points army during the next 14 weeks (deadline is the start of the summer campaign, deadlines are always good ^^) and built heavily on this scheme. All I need is some discipline now. :mad
Love your pointy hats! I take it you used the half of the marauder drum which doesn't have an arm twice for the end model??
Yep that's right - just had to cut off some of the second half and then fill the gaps with greenstuff.

I have been thinking about translating my whole website sometime in the future - by now it's just so much text though, it's frightening. ^^

Ishkur Cinderhat:

At last, the first regiment is (almost) done - 5 Warriors still to go, and a hero will join them to complete the unit to full 20 men strength.

Hashut! ^^

Khan!:

Well sir, that is extremely badass and I will be jealous forever. I particularly like your standard, what bit did you use for the horns?

Excellent work!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Thanks!

I used the horns from an Ogre Bull standard - I am blessed with an extremely extensive bitz box after years of collecting. ^^

Xander:

These are so hardcore badass! I love them. Your casting method makes it so efficient! I too am jealous, as I convert each one from scratch, hehe.

Well done sir!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Yay, thanks. There are indeed some advantages to replicating the pieces in resin, but after a while they get visually very repetitive. I think I am stressing the diversity one can have with 5 different bodies (of which only 4 actually work) with two full regiments already to the limit.

I will have to convert my blunderbuss regiment entirely from scratch. I might use my resin hats, though to save some work. :slight_smile: Hm, actually I’m looking forward to these a lot because sculpting beards is fun. ^^

hal:

Those are great Ishkur, very uniform.

That standard is excellent also.