[Archive] Ishkur's Dawi Zharr project

Ishkur Cinderhat:

The resin needs a basecoat like all the plastics and metal parts of the other minis to be any good to paint. Once basecoated it’s no problem though.

AGPO:

How do yu get the bucklers to look good on the end of the barrels? I tried this but it just looked messey so I sculpted new barrels out of GS

cornixt:

You need to use a tiny amount of greenstuff around the join. You need much less than you would think. I smoothed mine with a cocktail stick and a little water. I cut the end of the barrel off before sticking the buckler on to make them shorter, otherwise they become difficult to rank up and look a little odd.

Traitor King:

heh, well thats me down the shops to buy my thunderers.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’m glad your resins fit the bodies well. It’ll maybe speed up your entire process. How I envy you! (Thanks for the tipes about adding the bucklers)

AGPO:

I’ll echo HB on that, the tips really help! When I do my next unit (if ever I feel the need to update my 6th ed ones) then I’ll give it a shot. Shame I just finished converting a unit…

Ishkur Cinderhat:

This is a just a little conversion to distract me from all the big units of infantry that I have yet to finish. Behold Overseer Thosk, who will command my Earthshaker crew. I gave him a half-burnt / scarred face to show that he has spent decades handling the dangerous warmachines of the Dawi Zharr.

On the Earthshaker base, I will eventually have his officer hat and some tools on a big rock, to create a link to the hat theme of my army. I hope it will work out in the end. ^^

Hashut!

hobblin:

Cool can’t wait to see it painted.Also how did you do those burns.

Arashi:

Wow, incredibly good sculpted face there Ishkur!

Snotling:

this guy is awesome! i can’t stop looking at him ^^

Nazhur:

Damn, he was well done. I cant wait until you have painted him and made that hat to him :wink:

Uzkul Werit:

What’s his stick? A torch to light the gunpowder?

hal:

That looks amazing, what are those scale-looking things on his right shoulder?

dedwrekka:

Oooh, I love the whip!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

The scales are, well… scale mail. I felt some armour can’t be a bad idea for an officer. The thing in his hand is of course not a torch, but a whip which he uses to motivate the crew in case they don’t meet his expectations. I am thinking about adding some Gnoblar slaves to the Earthshaker, so these will be welcome victims if he has a bad day. ^^

Xander:

Wow, the sculpting work is superb! Well done my friend!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Oooh, I love the whip!

dedwrekka
:D:D:D:D

But, it looks excellent and you haven't had to change loads of the model to make it look effective! :hat off My hat to you sir! (But, I keep the hat...)

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Oi, thanks for all your positive feedback! :smiley: I shall see to it that Thosk will get a nice and prominent place on the Earthshaker’s diorama base. ^^

AGPO:

Trully awesome GS work, we must all aspire to your standards, now get him painted!!

Ghrask Dragh:

Those guys look evil!!

An inspiration, can’t wait to see what you come up with next :hat