[Archive] Ishkur's Warriors of Chaos [pic heavy!]

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Having made quite some progress with my WoC in THIS thread, I am happy to present the collective madness of my nurgle / undivided army here now. :slight_smile:

First off, the Warriors with mark of Nurgle:

Wulfrik the Wanderer

For some reason, I like my chaos warriors to trod though a snowy landscape. So this is what Wulfrik turned into after I slapped on some of my own special snow recipe. ^^

The Marauder Horsemen - I have high hopes when it comes to the effectiveness of these guys on the battlefield

My Daemon Prince

The Hounds of Chaos

And as a special treat in this new thread, my Warshrine of Nurgle :hat off

Still yet to paint: Chaos Knights, Marauder Regiment, Chosen, a Spawn, a Chaos Scorceror and my BSB.

Glory to the Dark Gods!

Dino:

Very cool stuff. Really like the warshrine. Keep up the great work man.

Arashi:

Just one word: WOW

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Servius:

thank god!!! Not just another pile of bits in a horse drawn corpse cart… I was really beginning to get sick of seeing that conversion.

clam:

Okay, thought I had seen it all before - but then came that awesome Nurgle Warshrine. You really keep surprising us :hat off

The Worm look’s like something from a 1970 low budget Sci-Fi Movie (in a good way) - you ovn sculpt I guess.

And the alter is well composed and brilliant painted - really hope you’ll bring us a few close ups, so we all can drool over such an excellent paintjob - the object lighting looks so perfect. But what else could we have expected from your hands :wink:

And what an excellent use of the Circus Ringmaster - he made a great sorcerer.

So what will we see next. Need help what to choose? Let me help - it starts with a ‘M’ :wink:

tjub:

Wow, the warshrine is so cool! :smiley:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Thanks for the feedback guys! :hat off

@Servius: I actually had a hard time finding any suitable reference material on the 'net. Seems like hardly anyone would use a warshrine that’s not Khorne-marked. I have to say though that what the conversion you mentioned was something I thought about, too. But then it just seemed so un-chaotic.

@clam: 70ies low budget sci-fi? You don’t mean Dune, do you? :wink:

It’s right I sculpted the maggot myself. It was supposed to be the daemonic mount of my Nurgle lord 4 years ago, but then I gave up that army and the sculpt was stored in a box until about two weeks ago. I kinda like the recycling factor in that conversion. ^^

Kera foehunter:

well i see you been busy! great job !! yo ho back ishkur

pirates rule still

Thommy H:

Ew gross.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Canix:

Very nice Ishkur,love the warshrine very cool.Really like the subtle colur schemes on the Demon prince and Warshrine .The warriors are Sweet to with the green armour and pink tentacles:hat off

Wanna see the knights next i reckon they and the marauder horseman are the best sculpts in plastic GW have done.Quite fortunate really as i was bought them as a present recently.:hat

Sojourn:

I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again (post count ftw… KIDDING!)

I love seeing all your work in one large chunk. it’s fantastic. in the dark alliance thread, it was very choppy, so seeing everything together, is overwhelmingly good :slight_smile: even the little things like highlighting the green on Wulfrik’s cloak. subtle but huge impact.

plus you have a fantastic imagination :slight_smile: even if it plays on Thommy’s phobias. lol

Loki:

Awesome models Ishkur amazing modeling and painting as always :slight_smile:

Grimstonefire:

I love the illumination of the candles on your warshrine.  Any chance of a close up of that bit?

I think you need to dirty up the bug, he looks far too clean!

It’s a very good start, glad to see another devotee to papa nurgle.

Xander:

Stunning work. I love the Warrior with the one eye popping out.

Amazing.

apocalypstia:

Always nice to see another Slave to Darkness even when through the Lost and the Damned…

Nice work on the shrine, the source lighting from the candles is great attention to details. Do you have any tips on painting source object lighting?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Wanna see the knights next i reckon they and the marauder horseman are the best sculpts in plastic GW have done.

Canix
Yeah, a unit has to be up next.. either the knights or my marauders.. we'll see. :) I totally agree with you that the marauder horsemen and the knights are definitely some of the coolest plastic stuff ever made by GW!
I love seeing all your work in one large chunk. it's fantastic. in the dark alliance thread, it was very choppy, so seeing everything together, is overwhelmingly good :)  

Sojourn
I was quite surprised myself LOL! On my own website the army is not it's own page yet and while I see the actual models in my living room I rarely get to see all those close ups. :D
I love the illumination of the candles on your warshrine.  Any chance of a close up of that bit?
I think you need to dirty up the bug, he looks far too clean!

Grimstonefire
Need to get better light, but I'd like to make more pictures if possible. I agree the maggot is a bit clean, maybe alternating between Slaanesh and Nurgle in my army collection is not the brightest thing to do after all. *g*
Do you have any tips on painting source object lighting?

apocalypstia
Nothing substantial I'm afraid. I pretty much painted it the way I thought it would look right and then corrected bits here and there. I think probably the most important point is that the actual light source has to be the brightest spot in view.

Oh, by the way there are seven candles and seven small maggots on the model. One has to pay proper respect to the patron deity after all! ;)

Ancre:

Woaw ! Your army is fantastic, I really like the warriors and of course the Shrine ! (Does it glow in the dark ? :smiley: ) This looks creepy enough to scare me if I ever wake up in the middle of the night and see it on the shelf.

I guess I just love your maggot :] Will you make more of them, like chaos war maggots for a second unit of hounds or something like this ?

Revlid:

Allow me to say - that is some disgustingly beautiful work, right there.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I guess I just love your maggot :] Will you make more of them, like chaos war maggots for a second unit of hounds or something like this ?

Ancre
They would have featured heavily in my army some 4 years ago when you could still mix daemons and warriors, but now based on the current army book I don't see any of that. Sculpting maggots is fun, though. Maybe for a Nurgle daemon army, someday.
Allow me to say - that is some disgustingly beautiful work, right there.

Revlid
Why, thank you so much Sir! :D

Bassman:

Wow, again a big surprise from you :slight_smile: I love your maggot, she is so cute (because it is a she, of course :~ ). I think that maggots and snails (maybe with a broken shell, bleeding disgusting liquids) are perfect for nurgle.

Your’s is amazing. Just dirty her up a little as suggested.

Maraudewrs and hounds pack, as previously told you in other thread, are amazing.

:hat off