[Archive] JMR's Manticlicious Chaos Dwarves - Army Pictures (28 Dec.)

Ghrask Dragh:

:hat off

Great gobbo’s, glad to see new stuff again, golem idea is amazing. Flamin mane would be good, I’d like to see it come over his head right up to between his eyes…

Is he a slave, invention or there by his own will?

JMR:

Is he a slave, invention or there by his own will?

Ghrask Dragh
Hmm I don't know. He's there to smash stuff in the face, that's what matters most ;P

I'm not much for trying to invent my own detailed fluff, but I imagine they're guided by Chaos Dwarf sorcerers, if not created by them. They're much like the K'daai really, but maybe a more "pure", "raw" or "savage" form.

If I do a mane (and I think I will), it'll run up to right behind/between his horns.

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Admiral:

Stormvermin bodies are obviously perfect for Hobgoblins. Great painting on them, too!

Galladorn:

Ordered up enough parts for 10. If I like my results, I’m prepared to sell every hobgoblin I have. These look soooo much better than the 5th ed. ones.

JMR:

It’s been a while once again. I found myself in a bit of a mid-army crisis. The molds for my self-sculpted legs didn’t work out too well and after holding classic big-hat models in my hand for the first time, I suddenly didn’t like my own mantic-based dwarves too much anymore :frowning:

I considered sculpting new legs and torsos more in line with the classic models, but I don’t know yet… Part of the process of deciding what to do with my models involved taking picture of what I have gathered so far:

This is most of my Chaos Dwarf collection. The main thing missing is a unit of 20 Blunderbusses that is currently cut up in pieces awaiting new legs :smiley:

Some closer shots showing Left… (Great Weapon Warriors / Hobgob archers / Bolt Thrower / Obsidian Guard with great weapons)

…Center… (Sneaky Gitz / Spear Hobgobs / Big-ass cannon used as Hellcanon or whatever else)

…and Right side. (Blunderbusses / Shield Warriors / Sorcerer)

These guys here are the very first chaos dwarves I made. I’m not too happy with them and haven’t touched them for…  a year or so :slight_smile:

My Sneaky Gitz, which I haven’t shown before. Using the tried and tested method of skaven plague monks with Gretchin heads:

And finally, a sorcerer I made a good while ago:

What do you guys think? Continue down this path? Or try to match the classic big-hats and/or forge world models more?

Castellan:

These Chaos Dwarf conversions are the things that make me happy. Cheers for your great work! :slight_smile:

vulcanologist:

Your army’s starting to look very nice indeed!

Zanko:

I like your blunderbuss conversions a lot - much better than the normal BigHats imo! :cheers

Your sorcerer is ace! :hat off

Now I would like to see all your great stuff painted in an appropriate colour scheme! :wink:

:hashut

JMR:

Now I would like to see all your great stuff painted in an appropriate colour scheme! ;)

Zanko
Well, that makes two of us, Zanko! I'm extremely bad/slow when it comes to finishing stuff however, so don't hold your breath :s

Thanks for the comments guys, it really means a lot.