[Archive] June price increase ...25%

Grimstonefire:

Seems it has been confirmed now that many regiments will go up 25%.  I’m not entirely sure how many this covers yet, but the current £12 will go to £15.  Not sure if the blisters have this level of increase as well.

Kera foehunter:

geee thank grims !! you are a real party pooper!!

could you next time tell us good news from G W Please!!

GRNDL:

Meh, I’ve been buying more and more 15mm models anyway. Cheaper, take less time to paint - its been a good break from GW stuff…

Pyro Stick:

I wonder how many people this will stop from buying GW products? Surely there must be a point where everything is going to be too expensive (for me that point has already come and long gone but people are obviously still buying heap loads of GW stuff)

tjub:

Meh, I've been buying more and more 15mm models anyway. Cheaper, take less time to paint - its been a good break from GW stuff...

GRNDL

two_heads_talking:

geee thank grims !! you are a real party pooper!!
could you next time tell us good news from G W  Please!!

Kera foehunter
The good news is that alot of FLGS are doing a pre-price raise sell.. most are discounting their entire line.. call your local store and see what they've got going on..

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Can I ask why are they rasing there prices (again)?

Servius:

Their Explaination… They offer the best quality miniatures…

I guess they dont believe in the saying “Best Quality for the Lowest Price”…

The whole thing reminds me of a good old issue of Misfire… something about liking money as much as they like the activities of NAMBLA.

The real reason… They think the market will bear it… I will say this much… If the prices do raise… Im going down to my local store before hand to buy a box of everything i need to finish my current army and im going to cast the rest… GW be damned.

GRNDL:

@Tjub

I had been looking at Incursion and the other WW2 games Westwind were offering before Christmas, when I was playing Call of Duty: World At War almost non-stop. But they’re 28mm models, right?

The 15mm thing grew out of me pulling out some ancient Citadel models for the Traveller SF RPG made in the 80’s. I started painting them up and got a lot of fun out of them, since then I’ve been building SF armies for Stargrunt 2 and recently modern era armies for Ambush Alley/Force on Force. With the amount of spare time that I get, its good to have results in an hour or two.

And for Firefly/Serenity fans, Ground Zero Games make an awesome “Free Trader Crew” based on the characters from the show… and some Stargate SG-1 troops and enemies as well. Very nice models for 16-17mm tall.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Actually, with Lord of the Rings miniatures, 6 cavalry is currently £12 and it;s going up to £20. Boxes of warriors (usually 24) are going from £15 to £18 and Warhammer/40k regiments/squads are going from £18 up to £24. If I recall rightly, last year, mayhaps the year before, LotR cavalry was £10, warriors were £12 and WH/40K was £15 (that last one may have been earlier, in fairness). I can’t afford to buy ANY more miniatures now… I;ve been unable to get a job and collecting WH/LotR and even 40K kept me trundling on, but now I am being forced to find other pursuits. Unfortunately, they;ve pushed me out of the hobby and so are losing more money from me than they;d have been making if the prices were static. I simply don;t think 12 models (Chaos Warriors being my first army and so my prime example) of plastic, without being samped in detail, are worth £24. ESPECIALLY in a recession where I can;t find a job because nobody can.

Hashut’s Blessing:

That’s what I recall seeing somewhere and, VERY annoyingly, I can’t recall where. It may have been the website somewhere… I’m going to have to say don;t quote me on that one now because you’ve made me worried that I just pulled that out of me bum. However, the other prices are accurate: look at Rohan models and then the new Galadhrim models (since the galadhrim have come out at the increased price).

As do I, but unless it is HUGE, I still can;t get anything new, excepting birthdays and Christmas, as possibilities.

Kera foehunter:

well i changed my gw buying from alot to no more !! and i have saved a lot of money

thanks G W i can show a proffit to

Grimstonefire:

I’m in a similar situation to you. Plenty to keep me going though.

If anyone was curious the bit in my sig about the important day was when I realised I was not going to spend a single £ more on collecting a CD army, I will scratch build everything I need myself.

I am prepared to wait and save up for WA:CD, the way prices are going I better start saving now :frowning:

Hashut’s Blessing:

I sometimes buy miniatures from other companies now. It amuses me that they want more money and, in trying to get it, are making less (I know that;s based entirely upon Kera and I, lol, but it;s the trend thus far :wink: ) and that they thought they had no competition, but have actually FORCED other companies to expand because people have started going to them and then spreading the word of cheaper models…

A sad day for the “business” “minds” of GW…

Perturabo:

Typical. I also can’t find work, and I think this increase may well push prices up beyond what I can justify spending. And me without the skill or tools to scratchbuild my own models, too.

Thanks Grim, I hope you’re happy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hashut’s Blessing:

So, just as I foresaw (hehehe, I be Yoda), they’re losing a lot of customers because they simply can’t keep up. Beyond that, they’ll be losing tournament players because those that can;t keep up, can;t necessarily build their own and therefore cannot enter (assuming their armies aren;t already big enough). Great work GW! Alienate the customer: the world’s worst method of business, unless you’re a student of Bertolt Brecht’s verfrumdungseffekt style of episdoic theatre!

Kera foehunter:

well untill they do pirate slayers or chaos dwarfs

im done!!* as Kera look at he stuff*

but i will trade for stuff being a pirate

two_heads_talking:

Godbob and his jolly rogers
you can ask.. the simple answer is that everything goes up... nothing y9u can do a bout it.. in fact in 20 years you will be reminding all the teenagers how cheap things were when you were there agell

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Godbob and his jolly rogers
you can ask..  the simple answer is that everything goes up...  nothing you can do about it..  in fact in 20 years you will be reminding all the teenagers how cheap things were when you were there age

two_heads_talking
Grow up? No it'll never happen!! ;P

That means I can save my money and open a saving acount, with GW thinking that we'll take this trash :)

Oh damn my Brithday is coming up, that means I'll have to feed the deamon creature know as GW!

wallacer:

Seems like strange reasoning to me that if you’re losing customers that the best thing to do is charge the ones you already have more.

Feels like being punished for loyalty.