[Archive] K`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)

neZna1ka:

Hi all! Let me introduce K`Daai.

Resin. Base 100x150 mm.

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Carcearion:

:o Oh My Hashut! Fiery bull shaped doom, barley contained in bolted steel!!I love it!

I have so many questions :smiley:

Will he be for sale soon?

Whats the price tag we are looking at?

Are you going to be doing more things like him?

Can we get a link to your page?

We live in an age of bounty, seems like theirs a new company releasing something awesome and evil dwarf related every time I turn around.

Jackswift:

Yowza! Quite a cool and unique sculpt. :hat off I like very much like the result.   The beaten irregularly cut metal work and chunkier rivets are a somewhat rougher and different take on the CDs than much of what is out there.  Nothing wrong with taking a different angle on something. Went back and looked.
The Kdaai armor does tend to be rougher though sans rivets.  Well done!  Interested in the answers to Carcearion’s questions.  Cheers!

Zanthrax:

Amazing work looking forward to the answers too

neZna1ka:

I’m glad that you like him

Answers:

1. Yes, it will.

2. The price depends on production and demand. In the near future it will be known.

3. For example?

4. www.facebook.com/wood.axe.ua

Carcearion:

Really just curious if you had other evil dwarf related stuff in mind :slight_smile:

Admiral:

Magnificient take on the XXL bound fire Daemon concept. A must-have piece. :hat off

Malorndk:

This is stunning! This is what I wanted from Forgeworld since 2012. This is so akin to their K’daii Fireborns that no one doubts that it is daemonic fire bound to slabs of iron. Yet this fits the fluff of resembling a bull monstrosity. I like it to death and if I had chosen fireborns from Warhammer Forge, I would have been counting my pennies right now. Good job man! Please drop by from time to time with new releases <3

Zanko:

I would like to see the model painted! Then I will be able to see more details! :wink:

Btw. the dwarf on you facebook site is awesome! :hat off

:hashut

cornixt:

At first I didn’t like it, but it has grown on me in just the last day. Now I really want to see painted pics and the scale of it next to another miniature.

Daith:

This is stunning! This is what I wanted from Forgeworld since 2012. This is so akin to their K'daii Fireborns that no one doubts that it is daemonic fire bound to slabs of iron. Yet this fits the fluff of resembling a bull monstrosity. I like it death and if I had chosen fireborns from Warhammer Forge, I would have been counting my pennies right now. Good job man! Please drop by from time to time with new releases <3

Malorndk
I fully agree!! I have yet to figure out what I am going to use as K'daii. One of the things that I keep struggling with is trying to figure out models that feel thematically similar for both the Fireborns and the Destroyer. This sculpt directly addresses this, maintaining the theme of the FW models on a larger scale. Good idea and good follow through.

neZna1ka:

Guys, thanks for the comments. They motivate to work further. ))

Zanko, special thanks for the dwarf.

Now I’m preparing some models for simple dwarves - they can be seen on my FB page.

But the moneybox for ideas is open. If the idea is good - I am ready to implement it.

Sincerely, neZna1ka / Alexander

Admiral:

Considering how good this K’daai turned out, it might be worth for you to give Disciples of Lughar a shot, from the 9th Age’s Infernal Dwarves. K’daai Cultists, one could call them in Warhammer such as Helblindi did in his concept artwork:

The idea is at the height of Chaos Dwarfishness. They’re Daemonically possessed Chaos Dwarf berzerkers on fire.

Sounds interesting?

I’ve long pondered how to make them, and have some flaming ideas involving fire dancing across their skin and runes carved into flesh, but would like to sharpen my sculpting skills and most particularly posing/scaling before tackling them. I’d love to see your take on the concept.

Plus they’d sell pretty well as a rank and file unit to T9A CD collectors. :hashut

BABIS:

Considering how good this K'daai turned out, it might be worth for you to give Disciples of Lughar a shot, from the 9th Age's Infernal Dwarves. K'daai Cultists, one could call them in Warhammer such as Helblindi did in his concept artwork:

The idea is at the height of Chaos Dwarfishness. They're Daemonically possessed Chaos Dwarf berzerkers on fire.

Sounds interesting?

I've long pondered how to make them, and have some flaming ideas involving fire dancing across their skin and runes carved into flesh, but would like to sharpen my sculpting skills and most particularly posing/scaling before tackling them. I'd love to see your take on the concept.

Plus they'd sell pretty well as a rank and file unit to T9A CD collectors. :hashut

Admiral
I agree!!

Black_Fortress_Immortal:

I want to paint one of those! I will make it look good, I swear :cheers

Carcearion:

I agree! Some rune carved / flaming chaos dwarf berserkers are definitely missing from the market (I think you would probably also see some Kings of War players wandering your way to for their Abyssal Dwarf Berserker troops and regiments).

neZna1ka:

Thanks for the comments!

While we are preparing for the release - some more photos with sizes.

Carcearion:

Oh My :o

He is huge! I’ve no idea what I would even use him for. Still a super cool miniature!

Roark:

IT’S ALIVE! IT’S ALIIIIVE!

cornixt:

A model that will actually fill out the Destroyer base!