[Archive] Latest O&G rumors - Of relevance to CD armies

nitroglysarine:

I don’t mind paying more for a book, I just hope kids aren’t priced out of the market though.

When I was about 12 I bought a couple of books and I questioned paying £10 for one. To possibly pay double, I probably wouldn’t have.

(And yes I realise that parents buy for their kids, but my mum wouldn’t have paid £20 for a book that wasn’t ‘educational’.

As an adult with a bit of cash, I’m all for background and fluff. But I almost always make myself a quick refernce booklet of a couple of pages of the rules and models points costs etc… So this wouldn’t really irritate me that i’d have to navigate the fluff to find the rules.

Thorne:

Seconded I love the fluff but I cant see the point in a huge heavy army book when Im playing I want a magizine sized book with a soft card cover.

nitroglysarine:

Perhaps they could make a removable laminated reference card as they did a couple of times in WD’s that has all the info needed for a game, bar the complicated rules, magic items and points cost?

So you can have the fluff, but also a quick reference card to play with with page references for the come complicated rules?

That way its good for sitting down and reading while sipping Claret, and for games.

Grimstonefire:

Advance orders are now up!

Finally some decent looking orc models!  A bit too much detail actually attached for easy converting into regular orcs, but certainly a much better start than the current plastics.

The giant spider is just plain awesome.

Nice to see the price of the book rumour was wrong (£22.50)

Thommy H:

Well, that’s Sneaky Gitz sorted then.

nitroglysarine:

Sneaky gits anyone? - although it would be a bit pricey.

nitroglysarine:

and the spider is pretty awesome!

Thorne:

Oh the new wurrzag ud ura zahubu is a painters dream I look forward to painting that one. The new Ninjaz are nice too (hell if Ill call them anything else :P) But I must say the savage orc plastics are a little disapointing.

clam:

and here is more:

Oh, forgot the most importent release - first 8th ed army book

Bolg:

At any rate here's the summary of the bits of interest to some of us:
�?� All Orc weapons are now Choppas (including Spears, magical weapons etc). They also confer their strength bonus in the first round of combat even if there was no charge.
�?� Orc Boyz might be +1pt but slightly better stats
�?� Goblins may be slightly cheaper
�?� Goblin Slittaz (think Goblin ninjas) - upgrade for goblin units: WS4, A3, AP & ASF
�?� Black Orcs may be getting a boost to their stat line (+1 attack rumored)

Nicodemus
Interesting. so I an finally dust of my Savage orcs with sprears who went into storage since the 6th edition! But now i'm going to need some more models (:
Black orcs really need the extra attack, and if they keep the weapon options that will make them very interesting (luckily I already have about 40 of them)

Willmark:

Sneaky gits anyone? - although it would be a bit pricey.

nitroglysarine
My first thought as well; damn impressive models all around however.

Swissdictator:

I pre-ordered the book as I knew I’d want it for my Greenskin army, and I always get the army books. I also got the magic cards too, as they sell out FAST… and are very useful I’ve found.

I’m very excited for the plastic savage orcs, but I’ll wait to buy figures until I have the book in my hands. Though I’m wanting to build the feral Greenskin army I’ve planned for years. Forest Goblins as Goblin infantry (using the spider riders just on foot on an infantry base)… savage orcs to back them up… and possibly Savage orc boar boyz too. The giant spider might get in there too.

Swissdictator:

Also, if you look at the savage orcs pre-order they tell you what the Big Stabba is: Upgrade to a unit that does D3 impact hits and D3 multiple wounds when smashed into a large target. Not sure if the impact hits are just for large targets or only the multiple wounds. It also says it is hilariously unstable, which is only proper for Orcs.

Nicodemus:

OK so the Goblin Slittaz thing looks like they’re the Goblin Nasty Skulkers.

Dead-on that they’ll make stellar Sneaky Gits, but at $6 per model ($18 for a blister pack of 3) that’s going to be $120 before tax just for a unit of 20. Yikes. Not that far off from eBay prices for the real thing :wink:

~N

nitroglysarine:

On a side note does anyone know cheep (ish) supplier of black orcs (the new plastic ones)

I realise that it won’t be much less than the GW stock prices, but a couple of quid would help tbh.

Thommy H:

Of course, this all means I have to make my Chaos Dwarf book full colour and jam-packed with loads more pictures to fit in with the new format. Get drawing, Baggronor!

cornixt:

Awesome! I can finally remove the non-savage units from my O&G army without breaking the bank. That spider shall be mine!

Hazkar:

some nice looking stuff…the savage orcs are ace

snowblizz:

On a side note does anyone know cheep (ish) supplier of black orcs (the new plastic ones)
I realise that it won't be much less than the GW stock prices, but a couple of quid would help tbh.

nitroglysarine
Umm the online retailers? Maelstrom and Weyland games for one. And there are others. Grim has one in his sig, that Harry-dude yes?

nitroglysarine:

I realise that it won't be much less than the GW stock prices, but a couple of quid would help tbh.

nitroglysarine
Umm the online retailers? Maelstrom and Weyland games for one. And there are others. Grim has one in his sig, that Harry-dude yes?

snowblizz
Ta, used Grim link to DP Games, just bought some Black Orcs :-D
Thanks for the info, sorry for the thread hi-jack.