[Archive] Legion of Jumsaq Qaraghai [20-06-2019] - Resurrection

Goltor Lintrepide:

Hello there,

It’s been a month since I decided to start playing WFB by choosing to make myself a nice chaos dwarf army.

I’ve been a 40k player for 8 years now, but converting and painting my Tau didn’t give me so much fun anymore. So here I am showing you my work in progress.

First I decided to make some bull centaurs using those:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Resin-kit-1-35-diorama-access-Bull-/260917042328?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item3cbfde1c98#ht_930wt_1037

and some ogres.

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

DAGabriel:

Great conversion, show me more even if they are missing hat or helmet. Or will they get them?

Goltor Lintrepide:

Here they are with arms and horns.

Next I’m gonna make them shields using warriors of chaos shields

Goltor Lintrepide:

Here are those shields

RichardC1967:

How many are you gonna do?..do the Ogre torso match up good with the bull body, or does it look out of porportion? I would like to see them next to a unit of CD’s when you are finished.I’ve been pondering the idea of getting some of these resin bulls…the price seems decent, I would have to get some Ogre Torsos tho’

Abecedar:

they are looking pretty good so far

Rab’Nappoch:

One more reason for me to by a box of ogres… Well done.

Goltor Lintrepide:

Here you go RichardC1967

I don’t think they are out of proportion, but the next i’ll be making will have the ogre body a little bit lower and more between the bull’s shoulders instead of in front of it so it look more like being one piece.

I’m planning on making three bull centaur renders and one Taur’uk.

For the Taur’uk I will be using a minotaur body and arms to show the +1S he get but I don’t know how the ogre head will fit on it. Does anybody playing Ogre could tell me if there’s bigger heads than others in the ogre army or are they all the same size?

JMR:

I don’t know about bigger ogre heads, as far as I know they’re all the same size. However, using minotaur bodies with ogre heads is a common conversion so there’s plenty of pictures on the web.

If you feel an ogre head is too small, you could look at using a giant’s head.

Bolg:

I love what you do with those models!

Not a big fan of the beards though, the are a bit thin. Have a look at this Tutorial for beards with a bit more body.

And for what kind of weapon option are you going? I would keep in mind Greatweapons and or Additional handweapons as those are your best options.

keep up the good work (:

Goltor Lintrepide:

Thanks for the link to the tutorial Bolg. I know I’m not the best sculptor but I tried to make the beard as close as I can to the forgeworld one. I have to say, mine are a little bit too Davy-Jones-ish. I’ll try to make it better on my next one.

Goltor Lintrepide:

As for the weapon option, I’m not worrying about those kind of thing. I don’t mind about models not representing the weapon configuration they have as long as it’s clear before the game start. So I’m going with the HW/S combo for the look of it but as you say, I’ll probably go with great weapon in most of my games.

Kera foehunter:

Thanks for the wip on the bullcentaurs < slaves>

Goltor Lintrepide:

That’s nice of you Kera.

Stay tune, some pics of my unfinished Hobos soon.

Goltor Lintrepide:

So, here are some cutthroat :

They are made from Island of Blood Clanrats body and Wolf Rider heads.
As you can see I manage to shorten the nose, enlarge the chin and put some fu manchu or goatee so they look like those :

For my Khans on foot I used Stormvermin body instead

Here’s some last pics of the shield on my bull centaur

Sorry for long post.

Kera foehunter:

I think your storm vermin hobgoblins are some of the better hobgoblin conversion i have seen

in a long while …

of course i might steal you idea now :slight_smile:

Goltor Lintrepide:

Indeed they look great, I wanted to use stormvermin to make all of my hobos but clanrats from Island of Blood can be very very inexpensive on ebay.

Here is the link :

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/WARHAMMER-BIN-BITS-ISLAND-OF-BLOOD-20x-SKAVEN-CLANRATS-with-SPEARS-/320941416615?pt=Games_US&hash=item4ab99960a7&_uhb=1#ht_1967wt_1037

Goltor Lintrepide:

Seems like it’s now safe to show them :

It was my entry for the XVIII Golden Hat. I’m a bit disapointed of the result they get, but hey it was my first attempt to this contest and not the last.
Also, I know the pics are a little dark, I’ll try to fix that next time.

Goltor Lintrepide:

Just a quick update on christmas day.

Here are my first bull centaurs ready to paint :

I wanted to make the pieces of armor with putty, but I finally decided to go with paper since I’m not that great a sculptor.

Happy holidays to all!!!

Kera foehunter:

I think you can make the amour out of the grey stuff ,if you can blend the ogre body to the bull .

You can do the Amour… Just do it in layers. If you don’t like one of the layer you could re do it

Simple